Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tom Lawrence

38 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Thought he looked good against Liverpool.

I think when he's properly match fit we'll see the best of him.

Yes he done ok, got forward and set up a few chances. He's not afraid to take someone on either which is something we've lacked apart from Mahrez. If he could do the Okazaki bit he'd be a great addition to the Squad.

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes he done ok, got forward and set up a few chances. He's not afraid to take someone on either which is something we've lacked apart from Mahrez. If he could do the Okazaki bit he'd be a great addition to the Squad.

I dont want him to do the Okazaki bit, I would prefer he does the Lawrence bit, with more goals,

and more time on his feet. I would start him against Arsenal, lets go for some younger player,

With Vardy.Lawrence has a good eye for his teammates

Then bring on a Slimani later...

I dont see him as a gamble, he wouldnt let the team down, lets get a return on our investment

Play him with Vardy..

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

I dont want him to do the Okazaki bit, I would prefer he does the Lawrence bit, with more goals,

and more time on his feet. I would start him against Arsenal, lets go for some younger player,

With Vardy.Lawrence has a good eye for his teammates

Then bring on a Slimani later...

I dont see him as a gamble, he wouldnt let the team down, lets get a return on our investment

Play him with Vardy..

I can't disagree with what you say but I do think whoever gets Okazaki's place has to do a lot of harassing of the opposition. It's not pretty but it's what keeps the opposition on their toes.

I mentioned Okazaki as it's the only position I feel he can take. I cant see him getting in ahead of the 4 obvious midfielders.

I have no doubt Lawrence will bring Goals as he seems a confident lad. But that's not enough especially in our setup. 

It may be a year too early for him and others, But I could see him working well on the left with Chilwell, Gray and himself.

We definitely have one problem with Vardy, and it's this he's too often left stranded on his own without any support. this definitely needs to be addressed now that Teams know how to play against us. Lawrence is one of the few who can do that while also scoring Goals himself. now that will confuse the opposition.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I can't disagree with what you say but I do think whoever gets Okazaki's place has to do a lot of harassing of the opposition. It's not pretty but it's what keeps the opposition on their toes.

I mentioned Okazaki as it's the only position I feel he can take. I cant see him getting in ahead of the 4 obvious midfielders.

I have no doubt Lawrence will bring Goals as he seems a confident lad. But that's not enough especially in our setup. 

It may be a year too early for him and others, But I could see him working well on the left with Chilwell, Gray and himself.

We definitely have one problem with Vardy, and it's this he's too often left stranded on his own without any support. this definitely needs to be addressed now that Teams know how to play against us. Lawrence is one of the few who can do that while also scoring Goals himself. now that will confuse the opposition.

I hope by now we have grown out of the Okazaki tactic.It brought us joy and success, but imo its time we moved on.

Even on good days, We lose a position from  where we should be scoring more goals, and producing cleaner, more

often assists. Its become more huff and puff, than producing anything creative.The oppo can afford to wait within

a game, and play the percentage game.With this tactic Okazaki is no longer the success of his 1st season.

This doesnt mean he shouldnt be selected, but I would prefer using him differently...

In fairness to Okazaki he's been asked to do a job we didn't sign him for. We signed him as a striker.

But it's been quite a while since he offered anything other than nuisance value. I never seen anyone to fall over as much as he does. Hasn't anyone told him to use longer studs like the Rugby players.

Personally I'd like us to try something different. Like going with wide players on both wings Gray and Mahrez and Vardy playing off Slimani instead of the other way around.

I just have a worry Teams will be ready for us if we don't try something new. And we'll get into another battle for survival instead of challenging at the top end of the Table.

But i guess we have a few weeks to see who else comes in. If we get the 2 prime targets Gylfi and Iheanacho then that will certainly give us better options.

17 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Might be an outlandish suggestion but maybe City could try and sign a Man City player called Kelechi Iheanacho to help Vardy? Don't laugh, it'll never happen but if it does, remember you heard it from me first.

18 hours ago, dynamark said:

Please no.

He has a long way to go to get on the team sheet if anyone sees him make a proper tackle please post on here.I hope he does well but at present I would say 12 months tp go.

Based on what? 2x 45 meaningless minutes in a friendly? 

He had a great season at Ipswich and was a bright spark in a very poor side. He ended the season with 11 goals.

There's nothing wrong, for me, for him to be given a go at Premier League level but of course nowadays that doesn't become available because of the money and greed for instant success which comes with that. Young players don't get the chance anymore. Lawrence has done all he can to prove he deserves a chance in the first team, yet, at 23 years of age you want to see him shipped out on loan again. How is that any better for his career than being given a decent chance here?

Based on the fact that I cannot recall him putting in proper tackle here previously 2 years back,the friendlies and Ipswich hghlights.

He is not good enough to be on the team sheet ahead of others I wouldn't loan him out mix it with the first team squad and see if he can make the grade.

Good luck but he has to prove himself ready

12 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Based on the fact that I cannot recall him putting in proper tackle here previously 2 years back,the friendlies and Ipswich hghlights.

He is not good enough to be on the team sheet ahead of others I wouldn't loan him out mix it with the first team squad and see if he can make the grade.

Good luck but he has to prove himself ready

Valid point.

We should also sell Schmeichel and Simpson since neither has ever scored a goal for us. While we're at it, let's get rid of Vardy because he hasn't made a save in five years. 

Love how we're so keen collectively to judge our attackers on their tackling lol. No wonder Mahrez takes so much stick.

Lawrence could be a player. I'm personally convinced that he could be a #10 as well, though maybe not for the starting XI immediately. Something I picked up on whilst he was at Ipswich was he had the knack when playing up top to do the Vardy peel away from his man and use his pace. I also think he could be an asset from dead ball situations, something we lack at present.

1 hour ago, Danizen said:

Valid point.

We should also sell Schmeichel and Simpson since neither has ever scored a goal for us. While we're at it, let's get rid of Vardy because he hasn't made a save in five years. 

Erm kasper did score but it was ruled out by the dubious goals committee and given to some other wub 

5 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Might be an outlandish suggestion but maybe City could try and sign a Man City player called Kelechi Iheanacho to help Vardy? Don't laugh, it'll never happen but if it does, remember you heard it from me first.

It looks like he's in the Bag so it will be interesting to see how we use him. Will he play alongside Vardy, behind him or could Vardy be the one to drop back a little.

Interesting and exciting times ahead.

23 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It looks like he's in the Bag so it will be interesting to see how we use him. Will he play alongside Vardy, behind him or could Vardy be the one to drop back a little.

Interesting and exciting times ahead.

Iheanacho and Vardy could rotate positions mid game.

In our first game against Atletico, Griezman & Torres did this a lot which was causing our midfield and two CB's all sorts of problems.

10 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

He looks like a solid all round winger.

He has a footballing brain. Gets his head up, links the play, tracks back, dangerous in the final third, team player.

We should keep him.

Especially if mahrez goes.

I don't see how he doesn't merit a place on the squad. At the very least, he clearly provides some creativity going forwards.

Sounds like the manager still looking at him.Was one of the best against MK Dons but it did not help that it was not the first eleven.He is a lot better than I remember appears to be gaining confidence and the fact there is a lot of interest suggests he was excellent last year.Personally would keep - may just be a thought that he is in his last year and the club don't want to risk losing him for nothing.

Archived