Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester City's 2017/18 kits thread

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Weren't we about the 5th highest shirt selling team last year?! or something like that?

That may be true, due to the League obviously, but that's nothing to do with our crappy, cringey videos of our players so clearly reading lines off a board. Nothing against the players, they arent actors, but bad acting can look drcent with proper videogrpahy and contemporary editing. Just looks undramatic and flat along with most videos and images we put out. Even on the news article for the new kit, it's pixelated on my phone. Should be so simple to sort out. And our template website that football league clubs use...Idk, maybe Its cuz Im in the business I notice it more 

12 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

I really think our Media Production team needs a serious update. Look at Arsenal or United or Everton. Really impressive graphic design, video quality, editing etc. If we want to be seen at a big club, we need to stop looking like a League 2 level media department. I realise this is of no interest to most, but it's a real pet peeve to look so crappy off the pitch.

Hopefully when we have the new website that isn't league 2 looking, then we will. The club come up with some great graphics and I know the guy who did it made a nice banner for the Reddit page. 

I just can't stand that all our videos have to deliver some lame message written by some intern studying English or an emotional montage with somebody whining on an acoustic guitar or piano. No idea have to go the "emotional" route with everything. I'd much prefer a kit being unveiled with uplifting or electronic music to make it exciting - not Morgan reading some INSPIRING words from a cue card and the club hoping you cry and buy the shirt. lollol 

Just now, lgfualol said:

Hopefully when we have the new website that isn't league 2 looking, then we will. The club come up with some great graphics and I know the guy who did it made a nice banner for the Reddit page. 

I just can't stand that all our videos have to deliver some lame message written by some intern studying English or an emotional montage with somebody whining on an acoustic guitar or piano. No idea have to go the "emotional" route with everything. I'd much prefer a kit being unveiled with uplifting or dancey music to make it exciting - not Morgan reading some INSPIRING words from a cue card and the club hoping you cry and buy the shirt. 

Absolutely agree. Dont get me wrong sometimes things look really nice, the interviews for instance look better than they did a couple of years ago, but we need some new equipment sharpish. And a lighting course ??

Where does the premier league badge go ? someone just bought one to work and it'll look silly over the gold sleeve

1 minute ago, WoodyFox said:

Is it really that hard to make a nice looking kit? Would love to see the possibility of 2 or 3 kits being drawn up and it go to a fans vote to decide which design would be used.

It is when the have the same design of Tranmere rovers!

People are fine with blue and gold but what about if we started playing with significant amounts or red or purple on the kit? Would that be ok as well? I can tolerate gold on our shirts if it's the tertiary colour on the kit but anymore and it looks shit and it doesn't abide by our history

3 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

I can't believe that some premier league teams (including us) still don't get custom kits..

Yeah me either, probably cost I'd imagine

22 minutes ago, Soundman said:

Where does the premier league badge go ? someone just bought one to work and it'll look silly over the gold sleeve

The club staff always print them in the wrong place the player shirts always have them very low down on the sleeve near the bottom. Last year they ballsed loads of them up by printing them the wrong way around this is why I always do my own now. Can you show us a pic? 

18 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

I can't believe that some premier league teams (including us) still don't get custom kits..

Unless your a very big club or have a poverty kit manufacturer like Umbro or JD Sports you aren't getting a bespoke kit. Not really that hard to understand tbh 

26 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Is it really that hard to make a nice looking kit? Would love to see the possibility of 2 or 3 kits being drawn up and it go to a fans vote to decide which design would be used.

What could possibly go wrong? People like Coldplay and voted for Nazis, you can't trust people.

It's ok. Not a shirt I'd pay £50 for or a shirt I'm in a rush to get. Personally hope it'll be the last of the Puma shirts and we can get an upgrade. 

Like the look of the Orange and White GK shirts, does anyone know if you can get them short sleeve? 

11 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Unless your a very big club or have a poverty kit manufacturer like Umbro or JD Sports you aren't getting a bespoke kit. Not really that hard to understand tbh 

I agree on the bespoke part but just having the real puma kits isn't much to ask. There are much smaller clubs than us in Europe that  get the official kit yet as we are in the UK we get Genesis sport . Hope that's the last one now . Be more than happy with Umbro . 

Cant believe the club didn't buy them selves out of that contract while we had the opportunity!? 

3 minutes ago, Jamiebux said:

I agree on the bespoke part but just having the real puma kits isn't much to ask. There are much smaller clubs than us in Europe that  get the official kit yet as we are in the UK we get Genesis sport . Hope that's the last one now . Be more than happy with Umbro . 

Cant believe the club didn't buy them selves out of that contract while we had the opportunity!? 

Being genesis we do end up with the real kits though same as the player shirts, if we wasnt genesis we'd only get replicas instead so if anything that's a positive for us not a negative 

3 minutes ago, Jace said:

Being genesis we do end up with the real kits though same as the player shirts, if we wasnt genesis we'd only get replicas instead so if anything that's a positive for us not a negative 

The shirts fans buy are all replicas so what are you saying here? I'm lost

Archived