Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester City's 2017/18 kits thread

If you wanted to know Leicester's historical status in the game you could do worse than look at some of our kit makers.

Bukta

Fox Leisure

JJB

Jako

Joma

Burrda

Even smaller clubs have got an Adidas or Nike every once in a while.

Hope they have re negotiated with Puma to produce next seasons Kit . Instead of Genesis for the last year. Even QPR and I think Watford also are ending there kit deals early with dryworld . Is this a new template for 17/18? Rubbish as most Genesis kits are. IMG_3205.thumb.PNG.937a2ff1cb5c856c45f584215f57baa7.PNG

10 minutes ago, Jamiebux said:

Hope they have re negotiated with Puma to produce next seasons Kit . Instead of Genesis for the last year. Even QPR and I think Watford also are ending there kit deals early with dryworld . Is this a new template for 17/18? Rubbish as most Genesis kits are. IMG_3205.thumb.PNG.937a2ff1cb5c856c45f584215f57baa7.PNG

Looks like the same template as our current home kit just without a collar. I presume we'll have a completely different design.

45 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

If you wanted to know Leicester's historical status in the game you could do worse than look at some of our kit makers.

Bukta

Fox Leisure

JJB

Jako

Joma

Burrda

Wash your mouth out!!!

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Bukta

Fox Leisure

JJB

Jako

Joma

Burrda

The 91/92 Bukta home and away kits were class

1990-1992-leicester-city-adults-large-home-football-shirt-top-2324-p.jpg

21 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

The 91/92 Bukta home and away kits were class

1990-1992-leicester-city-adults-large-home-football-shirt-top-2324-p.jpg

Really want this shirt. They wore this when I started going regularly as a kid. Wish they'd do it in the retro section at the club shop.

I like some of the shirts those companies made.

I was pointing out that almost none of the big brands ever took us seriously.

I don't like the Bukta kits much at all but I've grown to like the Fox Leisure 94-96 quite a lot.  The Burrda home 2011/12 is probably my favourite despite the reported quality issues.

Not sure many will agree but last years white shirt was almost as nice as the current one.

2 minutes ago, pds said:

Really want this shirt. They wore this when I started going regularly as a kid. Wish they'd do it in the retro section at the club shop.

Bukta have brought out a lot of 70s shirts recently.

Likely though Admiral have a lot of influence in our retro line.

I'm a bit disappointed there isn't more retro polo shirts and track tops as well as old match shirts being reissued,

14 hours ago, KingsX said:

Oh dear, is this thread the same every year?

Posts to remind us that blue and white is purity, all else abomination.  Posts opining that a touch of gold or pinstripes are rather nice, actually.

Most everybody comes together and draws the line at red away kit.

Don't forget the "I hope it's a copy of the Italy kit" as well! 

Given his merchandise is now being sold at Bangkok Airport together with the Club gear, my money is on 'No Fuchs Given' as the new kit supplier,

16 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Isn't this where someone says "I really hope we get a green away kit, like that old Admiral one"

There, I've saved you the bother.

1248380152IndCoopeGreenFront.JPG

I believe I'm right in saying we never won a game in this. 

Those clambering for a 'Big' Sports Manufacture must remember that hardly any clubs in UK (or the world) have their own deals put in place, they're nearly all through third party companies (in our case Genesis). Only the top 6 or 7 will have a bespoke deal with their Kit Manufacturer

Yes the likes of Peterborough, Northampton etc have had the Nike logo on their kits but that's not much different to when a Non-League club has a Nike kit. Someone supplies it and modifies it based on a few templates agreed to by Nike, its almost a franchise. They get no money directly from Nike or any involvement,

Very different to agreement Chelsea or Barcelona have for example,

Our recent exposure would have given us a good platform to negotiate our own deal but as nothings been announced I suspect another Genesis kit.  

25 minutes ago, Ricey said:

It is Puma again.

I have a feeling that it will be the Chesterfield template, but with gold instead of white and the collar + sleeve trim blue, not white.

Genesis puma ? 

1 hour ago, Staffs Fox said:

Those clambering for a 'Big' Sports Manufacture must remember that hardly any clubs in UK (or the world) have their own deals put in place, they're nearly all through third party companies (in our case Genesis). Only the top 6 or 7 will have a bespoke deal with their Kit Manufacturer

Yes the likes of Peterborough, Northampton etc have had the Nike logo on their kits but that's not much different to when a Non-League club has a Nike kit. Someone supplies it and modifies it based on a few templates agreed to by Nike, its almost a franchise. They get no money directly from Nike or any involvement,

Very different to agreement Chelsea or Barcelona have for example,

Our recent exposure would have given us a good platform to negotiate our own deal but as nothings been announced I suspect another Genesis kit.  

I think most people understand that we won't get a mega deal like arsenal Chelsea etc. these franchise deals approved by puma, Nike and addidas seems very common in the uk unlike in Europe etc where there are far smaller clubs than us with the official puma kits. 

Archived