Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester City's 2017/18 kits thread

37 minutes ago, Snik-Snok said:

They could make it optional and for anyone that wants it, it should be free.  No matter how hideous it looks, some people would still want to own exactly the same kit as what the players wear.

Does anyone know if other clubs are selling shirts with the sleeve sponsorship already on, off or with a choice of either?

My point being who in their right mind would have that on their sleeve if they had an option?

Can't add much to all the other negative comments....It looks awful.....So what next in this pursuit of having our football kits becoming advertising hoardings...Maybe a local Bangkok brothel will sponsor our shorts with a message / logo on the ass of the shorts ..I will leave the design of this to those of you with more vivid imaginations??

Just now, Sambiasso said:

Jim's just a yes man who actually doesn't do anything to help fans just fobs them off. Will always plays the "I'm a fan too and i've brought it" as you see above the "if you don't like it don't buy it" approach stinks.

The club has made the transition from being a fans club to running it as a corporate cash cow who couldn't give a flying monkeys about fans based in England or Leicester it's all about international brands and fans. Sooner people wake up and realise this the better but whilst the majority are happy enough being brought off with a beer and doughnut, they will still think the sun shines out of the owners arse and they can do no wrong.

a corporate cash cow lol do you realise the amount of investment the owners have put into the club - can you not blame them for wanting to get a bit back. They do nothing over and above what the rest of the Premier League clubs do on pricing, in fact we are the only fans who really get a bit back with free stuff at games. Look at Hull/Blackpool/Cardiff if you want to see a club where the owners don't care - why don't you try and drive our owners away and we might end up like that. You should be thanking our owners every day that we are in the position we are in. I take it you have 0 idea about business

1 minute ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

a corporate cash cow lol do you realise the amount of investment the owners have put into the club - can you not blame them for wanting to get a bit back. They do nothing over and above what the rest of the Premier League clubs do on pricing, in fact we are the only fans who really get a bit back with free stuff at games. Look at Hull/Blackpool/Cardiff if you want to see a club where the owners don't care - why don't you try and drive our owners away and we might end up like that. You should be thanking our owners every day that we are in the position we are in. I take it you have 0 idea about business

7 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

whilst the majority are happy enough being brought off with a beer and doughnut, they will still think the sun shines out of the owners arse and they can do no wrong.

1 hour ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

Yeah, because a slightly critical post on fvcking Foestalk is going to make them pack it in. Also, pretty sure the money they make off the supporters is thanks enough.

You are allowed to be grateful for the investment the Thais have made, the success it's brought, the contributions they've made to various good causes in Leicester etc AND still be allowed to criticise certain decisions they make you know. Like any of us, they're not infallible.

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

My point being who in their right mind would have that on their sleeve if they had an option?

But you don't get an option wether you like it or not the sleeve sponsor is part of the kit I'd prefer the shirts without king power on the front but it's not an option

4 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

a beer and a doughnut are not why i think the sun shines out of the owners arse. Its more to do with that premier league trophy we held up last year, those trips to bruges, copenhagen, porto, seville and madrid i got to make this year. But saying that, f*** all those memories, forget the fact we are an established premier league side after a decade in the wilderness, there's a little purple badge on my precious football shirt KING POWER OUT!!!

3 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

But you don't get an option wether you like it or not the sleeve sponsor is part of the kit I'd prefer the shirts without king power on the front but it's not an option

Except it isn't part of the kit,  they are adding it in store. The kit wad designed around the king power logo by puma genesis, the purple patch had nothing to do with puma when it was designed

14 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

My point was more referring to the fact that football shirts are mainly for kids. If a grown adult is doing anything more than shrugging their shoulders at a purple badge on a football kit then they need to get out more IMO

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. Every guy (and some ladies) in my office own and wear their respective team kits to footy matches or to play footy in. I can assure you most of us get out on a fairly regular basis, so the idea that replica kits are mainly for kids is IMO not the case. In fact I would have every confidence in assuming that most clubs sell far more adult shirts than they do kids. 

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, because a slightly critical post on fvcking Foestalk is going to make them pack it in. Also, pretty sure the money they make of the supporters is thanks enough.

You are allowed to be grateful for the investment the Thais have made, the success it's brought, the contributions they've made to various good causes in Leicester etc AND still be allowed to criticise certain decisions they make you know. Like any of us, they're not infallible.

Yeah i really think that a foxestalk post is going to make an impact. 

What i am getting at is the outcry, as normal with LCFC fans, has been way over the top and petty. Saying that you must be a strange sort for a football shirt to mean so much to you in the first place

Guest seanfox778

Won't be buying because of that monstrosity on the sleeve. Hopefully if enough people don't buy them then that'll be the end of them.

22 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

a beer and a doughnut are not why i think the sun shines out of the owners arse. Its more to do with that premier league trophy we held up last year, those trips to bruges, copenhagen, porto, seville and madrid i got to make this year. But saying that, f*** all those memories, forget the fact we are an established premier league side after a decade in the wilderness, there's a little purple badge on my precious football shirt KING POWER OUT!!!

Talk about taking it out of context, stop getting so emotional. 

This isn't about the teams performances and to my knowledge Susan Whelan, Top or Vichai were not in any of the starting eleven during the previous 3 seasons. I am talking about the business side of things.
When the owners arrived they kept promoting the club as a real fans club, now we have made the transition from a fans club into a corporation where gate receipts and shirts sales have minimal impact on the clubs finances as all the money comes from TV revenue and international advertising.

My opinions were not purely about the shirt/patch, just another example how the club do not regard fans opinions on such matters, simply told like it or lump it. 

Guest seanfox778
4 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

£10m shirt sponsorship > £1m shirt sales

Haha, touché. Didn't think the difference was that big. It's only going to get worse in the future then, like those South American club shirts.

6 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

Haha, touché. Didn't think the difference was that big. It's only going to get worse in the future then, like those South American club shirts.

My brother bought me back a shirt from Thailand from one of the sides out there it had 8 sponsors on it but all of them were white not purple ?

Guest seanfox778
1 minute ago, kyleolly said:

My brother bought me back a shirt from Thailand from one of the sides out there it had 8 sponsors on it but all of them were white not purple ?

I can't wait for the day when they have pages from the Argos catalogue on shirts so you can order stuff during the games :P

1 hour ago, Snik-Snok said:

They could make it optional and for anyone that wants it, it should be free.  No matter how hideous it looks, some people would still want to own exactly the same kit as what the players wear.

Does anyone know if other clubs are selling shirts with the sleeve sponsorship already on, off or with a choice of either?

My 9yo has turned to the dark side & supports mcfc (to be fair he was born up here & the in-laws r all man city fans!!) But i went on their website to get him the new home shirt & you get to choose if u want the sponsor/prem league badge or both. They even give u a chance to have a nice manchester worker bee for the manchester bombing charity!!

I bloody love that black kit & was gonna pick one up when i next came down but not now! Ruins the whole look of the kit in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

Jim's just a yes man who actually doesn't do anything to help fans just fobs them off. Will always plays the "I'm a fan too and i've brought it" as you see above the "if you don't like it don't buy it" approach stinks.

The club has made the transition from being a fans club to running it as a corporate cash cow who couldn't give a flying monkeys about fans based in England or Leicester it's all about international brands and fans. Sooner people wake up and realise this the better but whilst the majority are happy enough being brought off with a beer and doughnut, they will still think the sun shines out of the owners arse and they can do no wrong.

I think that's a tad harsh. He's the supporter liaison officer, he doesn't have the power to choose a sponsor that goes well with the kit or to create an option without. That would be well above his head. 

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Bet when you try to iron off the horrible purple sleeve sponsor patch that the gold dots will come off with it or at least tire and slowly come off lol.

I dont twitter but this is..

#twattish#wank

God knows how many times it needs saying but, the badge comes off easily, see pic below

City Shirt.jpg

Just now, TheReaper87 said:

God knows how many times it needs saying but, the badge comes off easily, see pic below

City Shirt.jpg

Oh i saw your post before but it was more of a haha post from me given that im not a fan of the gold dots etc.

Archived