Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester City's 2017/18 kits thread

2 minutes ago, TheReaper87 said:

Should we not make a thread purely about the badge coming off easily, bout 20 mins to be exact

By all means. Maybe you can make a few quid offering your services to those in need.

5 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I think that's a tad harsh. He's the supporter liaison officer, he doesn't have the power to choose a sponsor that goes well with the kit or to create an option without. That would be well above his head. 

Exactly, I'm not sure that people actually understand what his job role entails 

His main role is to be an advocate for both the club and fans 

He is to report fan concerns to the powers that be 

This he appears to do if you believe what he says on twitter 

He should also be a communicator for the powers that be at the club as to what the club intends to do with issues that fans raise 

he should also communicate to fans about new schemes that are being launched by the club

the latter 2 parts is where it seems he is not doing his job efficiently 

We never hear about anything happening with issues raised 

the only answer is normally  "I'm waiting for it to be confirmed" 

We don't hear about new schemes unless we stumble on it ourselfs 

For those of us less educated in  the matter, why are the major kitmakers now providing their teams with identikit designs? Nike have done it for a while and with Puma this year, surely it doesn't make their brand look better!? Just looks like they aren't creative to me.

Someone please explain the logic to me.

4 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

For those of us less educated in  the matter, why are the major kitmakers now providing their teams with identikit designs? Nike have done it for a while and with Puma this year, surely it doesn't make their brand look better!? Just looks like they aren't creative to me.

Brand identity 

13 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Easier, cheaper and helps forge a style that they can use across all sports.

I also feel they were running out of ideas. There is only so much you can do and if each team had a bespoke kit every time they'd have run out of fresh designs years a go.

The purple sponsor is atrocious and ruins a perfectly good away kit.

That said it was inevitable multiple sponsors were going to creep in sooner or later. Not something I'm keen on as less is definitely more wrt football kits.

The French league shirts a case in point.

57 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I think that's a tad harsh. He's the supporter liaison officer, he doesn't have the power to choose a sponsor that goes well with the kit or to create an option without. That would be well above his head. 

It's not about him choosing a sponsor. It's his approach when fans ask him something, all to often he will play the "I've brought it/I'm one of you guys/ i'm a fan too" just to try and get people onside, yet will often see snotty messages to people who voice their displeasure about something like we have over the last 24hrs.

The take it or leave it approach is wrong when so many are unhappy about it.

If his job is to liaise. then liaise between fans and those upstairs but he doesn't, he just has an answer for everything and just a yes man for the club. 

I will say his job isn't made easier when he's not aware of something being announced and he faces the fallout of it, just shows the lack of communication between departments at the club. Must be like W1A set in a football club. 

Granted my post shouldn't have been in the new kits section as there is more than one example, this is the most current. 

15 minutes ago, hairmetalgamer said:

Problem solved?

20170714_132455.png

The problem is when they have shelled out whatever amount, they want their logo to stand out. Purple is terrific for them, not so great for the rest of us.

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

The rule book concerning kits limits what manufacturers can do (especially at a higher level) - believe the templates need to get submitted months in advance for sign off too.

Just taken purple badge off, million times better! 

Havent got a problem with additional sponsors but it has to go with the shirt! No doubt from now on we will see a sleeve sponsor and potentially more but if it works with the kit then fine, sticking a massive purple block on the side of a black and gold kit takes the piss. 

Hopefully we don't come to the day of this many sponsors but atleast the sponsors work to the kit rather than every logo fighting for more attention. IMG_5133.JPG.cd390ca5c681f884fe077fddf00c0ae0.JPG

On 04/05/2017 at 00:01, tom27111 said:

Isn't this where someone says "I really hope we get a green away kit, like that old Admiral one"

There, I've saved you the bother.

1248380152IndCoopeGreenFront.JPG

I loved that season and all shirts involved as it was my first proper time to start drinking and going to as many away games as I could afford.  ?

On 04/05/2017 at 18:00, erlee said:

still my all time favourite - light & cool

le-coq-sportif-03-04-leicester-city-home

Yes, I great shirt and I took mine with me to the land of the sweaty humidity when they didn't know Leicester from eve ?

5 hours ago, Ricey said:

Easier, cheaper and helps forge a style that they can use across all sports.

I also feel they were running out of ideas. There is only so much you can do and if each team had a bespoke kit every time they'd have run out of fresh designs years a go.

Tbf bespoke kits were rarely a thing in history either. Classic Football Shirts on twitter runs threads of how different manufacturers had the same design. There was a golden era of bespoke kits but it also coincided with lots of small companies producing kits (Fox Leisure, Bukta, Avec etc)

19 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

For 3 years now there has been crazy amounts of smoke bellowing out of the kiosks in block b3 and we keep complaining about it to him and he says the same thing every time 

" Yeah it's pretty bad I'll forward it to the catering company" 

Still nothing gets done, ive had several dealings  a with him and nothing  EVER  gets done, he is an utter twat, useless would be a compliment too him.

17 hours ago, Livid said:

The problem is when they have shelled out whatever amount, they want their logo to stand out. Purple is terrific for them, not so great for the rest of us.

Exactly, for them it's excellent, and to be honest who had heard of SCB before? Everyone has gone to Google it now 

I'm still going to get the shirt though, if the money of us putting on a sleeve patch helps FFP so we can buy more top class players then go for it 

3 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Exactly, for them it's excellent, and to be honest who had heard of SCB before? Everyone has gone to Google it now 

I'm still going to get the shirt though, if the money of us putting on a sleeve patch helps FFP so we can buy more top class players then go for it 

Theyve questioned someones photo of the kit too seems as though they dont know anything about it

Archived