Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester City's 2017/18 kits thread

Latest press release from the club I have highlighted the important bit 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/438270/press-release

Siam Commercial Bank To Be Leicester City Sleeve Sponsor

Leicester City Football Club’s shirts will have an exciting addition of a new international partner this season, with the announcement that Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) has become the Club’s first Official Shirt Sleeve Partner.

Published 27 mins ago

- Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) announced as Leicester City’s new sleeve partner for the 2017/18 Premier League season
- The Foxes are among the first clubs in England to agree a sleeve sponsorship deal
- The SCB Logo will make its debut on the Foxes shirt in the Premier League Asia Trophy in Hong Kong on Wednesday 19 July.
- SCB are one of the largest banks in Thailand, offering a wide range of financial services and products

The Foxes are among the first top-flight football clubs in England to secure such a deal, which will see the logo of SCB – Thailand’s first bank with more than 100 years of history – proudly adorning the famous shirts in every Premier League fixture through 2017/18.   

The 2015/16 Premier League champions begin their domestic campaign away to Arsenal next month, and the SCB sleeve badges will be a permanent fixture on the team’s shirts throughout the season as the Foxes look to embark upon another historic year.

The people of Thailand have become extremely proud of Leicester City and – with SCB joining King Power and our other valued Thai partners – Leicester City is very proud of its growing relevance to the Kingdom of Thailand.

Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha Leicester City Vice Chairman

As part of the partnership’s launch, a limited number of special edition replica shirts, featuring the SCB sleeve badge, will be printed and available to buy from the City Fanstore at King Power Stadium and online at lcfc.com/shop. Through the season, supporters that want their shirt to match the one worn by the team on the pitch will have the option of adding the SCB sleeve badge to replica shirts at no additional charge.

The Club’s exciting new partnership with SCB will extend beyond the new sleeve badges however, with the bank having branding throughout King Power Stadium, across interview backdrops and digital advertising boards, while they will also seek to engage with the Club’s fan base through social media.

Leicester City Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said: “The SCB partnership is one we can be extremely proud of, as attracting one of the strongest, most reputable financial institutions in Thailand shows the kind of impact Leicester City is continuing to make in the country. Over the last seven years, we have built a series of partnerships with blue chip companies in Thailand and East Asia that have truly strengthened the bond between the Club and the region. The opportunities for development are very exciting.

“The people of Thailand have become extremely proud of Leicester City and – with SCB joining King Power and our other valued Thai partners – Leicester City is very proud of its growing relevance to the Kingdom of Thailand.”

A Siam Commercial Bank spokesman said: “We are truly excited about our long-term partnership with Leicester City, whose remarkable story has captured the imagination of people around the world. Like SCB, they are proud representatives of Thailand with a strong international reputation and we are looking forward to working with the Club in pursuit of our mutual ambitions.”

The growing global appeal of both Leicester City and the Premier League provides SCB with a platform to reach billions of football supporters around the world and expand its global presence.

Like Leicester City, SCB has a long and important history that stretches back to 1907, when it became the first bank of Thailand, which is the homeland of the Football Club’s parent company – King Power International.

Offering a range of financial products and services including corporate and personal lending, international trade financing and investment bank services, SCB is Thailand’s second largest commercial bank with a vision to become the bank of choice for customers, employees and the community alike.

SCB has been the recipient of several industry awards, including Global Finance’s Best Bank in Thailand for the last 10 years.

Really, really like the new black shirt. Black with gold looks absolutely class.

I'll surely be getting one later on, just without that heinous purple patch on the left sleeve.

Oh, and just today the club did this:

Note how they promote the shirt WITHOUT the purple patch. Not nice. It's misguiding fans to some extent, I don't like that strategy.

30 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

People are quick to slag the club off but fair play for being a club that actually listens.

Top work!

tbf they need to listen, since getting feedback and everything is the only way they'll improve since we know how rubbish they can be at times

im glad to hear they are flogging them without patches now; and sales will no doubt go up

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Can confirm there are loads without patches in the shop right now just picked up an XL, seems loads of mediums and some large but they are going fast

Come back to me when we have to queue for 3 hours to buy a shirt again and tell me about the demand.

51 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

People are quick to slag the club off but fair play for being a club that actually listens.

Top work!

would have been nice if they told us in the first place that there would be a badge going on lol 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

would have been nice if they told us in the first place that there would be a badge going on lol 

Completely, very underhanded but they have sorted it so let's move on to the next moan...

ANNOUNCE IAN ACHO.

7 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

What about those of us that already bought the shirt with the patch having been told there was no alternative? ?

lol Serves yourself right for running to the shop as soon as they're released, just like all the lemmings last year queueing for hours to get a shirt with the Premier league champions badges stuck on wrong. :revenge:

Seriously, why not call the shop and ask them?

Just now, Samilktray said:

More fool you tbh 

lol 

What are you on about?

I bought mine off the website before this SCB shite was even mentioned.

Received it in the post this morning with a hecking great purple badge on it that I didn't ask for, nor did I pay for.

Just now, AKCJ said:

lol 

What are you on about?

Received it in the post this morning with a hecking great purple badge on it that I didn't ask for, nor did I pay for.

Take it back then, 'distance selling' for a start so they can't refuse it if you bought it over the web.

1 minute ago, promised land said:

lol Serves yourself right for running to the shop as soon as they're released, just like all the lemmings last year queueing for hours to get a shirt with the Premier league champions badges stuck on wrong. :revenge:

Seriously, why not call the shop and ask them?

I don't think it's right to assume that you're not going to get exactly what has been sold to you.

There was zero mention of a purple badge. I didn't buy a shirt with the badge on it as it wasn't advertised like that.

Just now, AKCJ said:

lol 

What are you on about?

Year after year there seems to be some form of problem with the first batch of new shirts and yet people still rush out and buy them. Granted this years problem is slightly different but the point still remains

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

Year after year there seems to be some form of problem with the first batch of new shirts and yet people still rush out and buy them. Granted this years problem is slightly different but the point still remains

tbf it would have been the first year in a while where the fiest batch was decent enough, this time it was the club that ruined it and not the manufacturer lol 

Archived