Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester City's 2017/18 kits thread

7 hours ago, ajthefox said:

How the fvck is Hamer still here? Seriously. 

Most clubs have three or four goalkeepers in their first team squad. Southampton have just given Stuart Taylor another years contract ffs! 

9 hours ago, ajthefox said:

How the fvck is Hamer still here? Seriously. 

Handled it well. Will have had his wages doubled to around £16k a year when we went up, so decided the best thing to do was just enjoy himself and his surroundings.

Think it's different to Conrad, who could have moved for similar / slightly more money and got first team football. Hamer would have had to take one hell of a hit to get first team football.

I understand he has just spent his time here enjoying himself, taking the money and not letting the situation bother him.

2 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Handled it well. Will have had his wages doubled to around £16k a year when we went up, so decided the best thing to do was just enjoy himself and his surroundings.

Think it's different to Conrad, who could have moved for similar / slightly more money and got first team football. Hamer would have had to take one hell of a hit to get first team football.

I understand he has just spent his time here enjoying himself, taking the money and not letting the situation bother him.

So we were paying him less than minimum wage in the Champ? :D 

5 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

When we went up? Hamer joined in the summer of 2014, when we were promoted. He was never her when we were in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

When we went up? Hamer joined in the summer of 2014, when we were promoted. He was never her when we were in the Championship.

Also a valid point now that you mention it.  Get your shit together Rob lol 

11 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I think using a new kit every year is short sited and may well damage sales in the long run.

Yes new kits create a rush at the start of the season, but at some point because there are so many launches, the impact waters down and so sales will eventually decline.

I say this as my lad hasn't really been bothered over the last few years, and prior to that it was really me pushing them on him, rather than him getting excited by the launch.

Then in years to come, as there will have been so many launches, there won't be the nostalgic affect to look back on for the kids as there will have been so many to try and remember.

I can't see the kids today looking back at the great Puma kits of today like I look back at the great Admiral and Umbro ones?

In my youth, although they look great nostalgic kits, at the time the hype was just about a new kit being brought out so it didn't really matter what it was, it was a massive thing to happen.

Great for the clubs coffers now, but over time the affect will be watered down and I reckon the kids of today won't be into passing the tradition down to their kids in the future, making them less an attractive purchase. 

Shame really as kit launches were massive in my day. Just two kits over two years, with a third one possibly, or in many cases that was just for the players.

So from 2 shirts over a two year period, we go to 6. Great for the clubs bank account now, but in years to come, the desire for kit launches will die off and everyone will view them differently in the next generation.

Won't happen, but I'd love to see us go back to two year kit cycles. The away kits could be launched one year and then the home kit the next, to ensure that the there is always a new kit launch (or two) every summer.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Also a valid point now that you mention it.  Get your shit together Rob lol 

lol I've just noticed I wrote "he was never her when we were in the Championship". Is Hamer going through a sex change? lol 

Archived