Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

Myself and others I talk about Leicester football with have noticed Gray had often appeared sulky when he's seen on the bench.

Just think his attitude is his main downfall at times, but want him to say as he's a potential game-changer at very good value we paid for him.

If someone offers £22 million for him I think we should take it. He hasn't shown any end product at all so far in his career. Of course he has some potential but personally I can't see that he's improved at all since joining us.

Wow - his release clause went up 10 million in just a month. If we hang on until august we can get £52mill !!

he is frustrated - good, he should be. Would be concerned if he wasn't. Put in the hard yards and take your chance when it comes. He didn't shine against Sunderland and MA took his opportunity when it came. De aria has to do the same over the next few games when chances arise for him.

4 minutes ago, matty98 said:

If someone offers £22 million for him I think we should take it. He hasn't shown any end product at all so far in his career. Of course he has some potential but personally I can't see that he's improved at all since joining us.

Sell for £22m? One good season and you could double that in today's market.

Sounds like he does have a release clause though, I would guess Steve Walsh is the one who has confirmed it.

4 minutes ago, Bryn said:

It can take years for a player like Gray to show consistency. Look at Wilf Zaha, now looking an international standard player.

The only thing that will stop Gray becoming a regular and maybe one of the best wingers in the country is himself. He needs to learn more about the game and drop a bit of his attitude, I like that he has some but he needs to work a lot harder for the team, no one is the prem these days can afford to carry players. 

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sell for £22m? One good season and you could double that in today's market.

Sounds like he does have a release clause though, I would guess Steve Walsh is the one who has confirmed it.

I don't see where this one good season is going to come from though, he's played well over 100 professional games now and he still has no composure in the final third, I'd have thought if he was going to gain that he would've by now. 

9 minutes ago, Bryn said:

It can take years for a player like Gray to show consistency. Look at Wilf Zaha, now looking an international standard player.

Zaha had show some sort of ability to create and score goals in the past though, Gray never has. He has scored 10 goals in 124 performances, which is poor for a winger.

1 minute ago, matty98 said:

I don't see where this one good season is going to come from though, he's played well over 100 professional games now and he still has no composure in the final third, I'd have thought if he was going to gain that he would've by now. 

Zaha had show some sort of ability to create and score goals in the past though, Gray never has. He has scored 10 goals in 124 performances, which is poor for a winger.

His not really be given that much game time though considering how well he has played for England U21s 

986 mins 3 assists one goal (2 full games)

what do people expect from gray?

Mahrez 

2489 17 full games

mins

5 goals how many pens?

3 assists

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

His not really be given that much game time though considering how well he has played for England U21s 

986 mins 3 assists one goal (2 full games)

what do people expect from gray?

Mahrez 

2489 17 full games

mins

5 goals how many pens?

3 assists

I like Gray don't get me wrong, but £22 million for a winger who's scored 1 goal in the equivalent of 11 games would be a great deal for us. 

Mahrez is a bit different, teams set up specifically to stop him, he almost always is doubled if not tripled up on making it hard for him to be effective. However it can actually benefit the team as it opens up gaps elsewhere to be exploited.

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

If we want to progress next season, Gray should be 4th choice on the wing. We need a reliable, consistent back up for Albrighton & Mahrez.

yep mahrez and albighton the assist and goal kings should be first choice

Albrighton

2092 mins 

1 goal 

5 assists

Mahrez

2489 mins   5 goals   3assists

1 minute ago, matty98 said:

I like Gray don't get me wrong, but £22 million for a winger who's scored 1 goal in the equivalent of 11 games would be a great deal for us. 

Mahrez is a bit different, teams set up specifically to stop him, he almost always is doubled if not tripled up on making it hard for him to be effective. However it can actually benefit the team as it opens up gaps elsewhere to be exploited.

its not 1 goal in 11 though as his mins are made up of 20 min appearances as opposed to mahrez and albrighton

11 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

If we want to progress next season, Gray should be 4th choice on the wing. We need a reliable, consistent back up for Albrighton & Mahrez.

If Gray is 4th choice then he needs to leave as he'll get hardly any game time.

He is one of the most talented young players in England, if we can't find room for him then we don't deserve to hold highly talented young players as we'll just ruin them.

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

its not 1 goal in 11 though as his mins are made up of 20 min appearances as opposed to mahrez and albrighton

986/90 is near enough 11 games. If a player can't make something happen in 20 minute cameos against tired defences he's not likely to be better playing a full 90 minutes.

I'd take it.

He has potential but lacks patience. He comes across as being a lad who thinks he's better than what he thinks he is. If he goes it will be for the money. He will just be a bench warmer for the big clubs. If he rides it out here he's got a chance to be a  future star and England international.

Just now, matty98 said:

986/90 is near enough 11 games. If a player can't make something happen in 20 minute cameos against tired defences he's not likely to be better playing a full 90 minutes.

im not sure thats the case, there are many variables involved.

The score 

How the team are playing

just because you are on the pitch for 20 mins doesnt mean you see much of the ball, the more minutes you are on the pitch the more likely you are going to be involved in play.

Mahrez has played 17 full games to Grays two and almost 3 times the game time, yet that have both provided the same amount of assists

Archived