Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

Just leave! Where does this self entitlement come from. Things like this makes me appreciate Marc even More. Not as talented as gray but never did anything to make the fans dislike him.

There are players better than him out there for £20 million

I'm not sure why Shakespeare hasn't used him in the past two games. Seems somewhat wasteful. Neither Ranieri nor Shakespeare seems massively keen. I wouldn't mind so much but his attitude seems to have really changed of late and his ability is hard to question.

22 million would be a tidy profit but there's no guarantee we can use that 22m to replace him. I hope he makes an appearance against Watford to assuage worries.

26 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Does need to bide his time and perhaps could be a little more professional but I don't get how anyone can think ill of the guy for wanting to play football.

Because you have to earn your playtime in the Premier League, it doesn't come just because you think you're good. 

He's had plenty of chances this season, and for the most part hasn't taken them. That wasn't Ranieri's fault, nor Shakespeare's. 

5 hours ago, matty98 said:

I don't see where this one good season is going to come from though, he's played well over 100 professional games now and he still has no composure in the final third, I'd have thought if he was going to gain that he would've by now. 

Zaha had show some sort of ability to create and score goals in the past though, Gray never has. He has scored 10 goals in 124 performances, which is poor for a winger.

Wow really? Gray is better now than Zaha was a few years ago no doubt. 

For some reason the same as Kramaric, the management don't fancy Gray.

As talented as he is , there has got to be a reason for this, defensive duties could be the issue and that's me just guessing.

The BBC Sport gossip column includes this Gray story as well as one about Mahrez wanting to leave for Champions League football.

It would frustrate me if both left. If Mahrez is to go, Gray has a golden opportunity to fill his shoes. Also, I think both Gray and Albrighton are more flexible than Riyad, so I think they could swap wings quite a bit and pose a few different questions of other teams' back lines.

Still, if they do both go it seems we have other irons in the fire considering the rumours about Bruma and Jonathan Cafu.

The gossip column also says that Chelsea are willing to listen to offers for Willian. If so, I would guess he would end up back in a Mourinho side next season, especially if they qualify for the CL by winning the Europa, but it might be worth a cheeky bid. I'd be ecstatic of he ended up here. Who knows, we may still be carrying some kudos for the title win and our Champions League exploits.

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

The BBC Sport gossip column includes this Gray story as well as one about Mahrez wanting to leave for Champions League football.

It would frustrate me if both left. If Mahrez is to go, Gray has a golden opportunity to fill his shoes. Also, I think both Gray and Albrighton are more flexible than Riyad, so I think they could swap wings quite a bit and pose a few different questions of other teams' back lines.

Still, if they do both go it seems we have other irons in the fire considering the rumours about Bruma and Jonathan Cafu.

The gossip column also says that Chelsea are willing to listen to offers for Willian. If so, I would guess he would end up back in a Mourinho side next season, especially if they qualify for the CL by winning the Europa, but it might be worth a cheeky bid. I'd be ecstatic of he ended up here. Who knows, we may still be carrying some kudos for the title win and our Champions League exploits.

The guy that walked away from a Spurs contract he had agreed to sign to accept Chelsea's last minute overtures? I think you have the wrong character there mate. He is only going to an established top six side here (and he will want CL ) or title challenging club in Europe. No way is someone like that going to come here this summer. 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Wow really? Gray is better now than Zaha was a few years ago no doubt. 

I disagree, Zaha was brilliant in the championship between 2011 and 2013 and was providing goals and assists regularly. Gray has never done that so how is he better?

The release clause is bollocks. It's what we told Everton we wanted when they enquired about him in Jan.

His attitude is pretty poor, but Mahrez's inevitable departure will mean he'll probably end up staying.

There's no way the club will allow Mahrez and Gray to both leave in the summer, so it'll be either or.

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

I disagree, Zaha was brilliant in the championship between 2011 and 2013 and was providing goals and assists regularly. Gray has never done that so how is he better?

lol he smashed it through them years mate.....

IMG_0007.PNG

He needs a long run in the side not 2-3 games then back on the bench. Frustrating from a fan's perspective so it must leave him even more so!

Definatly been poorly managed and under utilised 

Feel sorry for the lad 

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

lol he smashed it through them years mate.....

IMG_0007.PNG

Between 2011 and 2013 he scored 12 goals and got about 15 assists, this was him between the ages of 18 and 20 over about 85 appearances, which is far better form than Gray has ever had.

I can see why he's pissed off, I also don't think he has a bad attitude. He is very easy to get upset and frustrated but that's not a bad attitude. Lots of players have already come out and said how eager he is to learn and progress and it's this over eagerness that's leading to him spouting off, if all players were happy not to play and keep schtum you'd have some very unambitious footballers never fulfilling their true potential. I thought after his performances against Stoke and Everton he'd have been given more playing time but if anything he's been given less since then which is bizarre. He can consider his future all he wants though, if we want him to stay he'll be staying. Perhaps we should show some faith in him though, it was the same with Chilwell too. We are pretty much safe now and have very beatable opposition tomorrow at home, let him loose.

9 hours ago, goose2010 said:

The only thing that will stop Gray becoming a regular and maybe one of the best wingers in the country is himself. He needs to learn more about the game and drop a bit of his attitude, I like that he has some but he needs to work a lot harder for the team, no one is the prem these days can afford to carry players.  

Funny you say that. We've been carrying Mahrez majority of the time this season in the league. 

The guy clearly has bags of talent but there's a massive question mark over his head regarding his character and perception of where he believes he is with his development vs reality.

He just comes across to me as an atypical Leicester City player and could potentially be a damaging influence on the dressing room which sadly I feel outweighs the benefits that he brings to the club. 

In my view he needs to recognise that he has two very good seasoned professionals ahead of him. One who whilst technically isn't the strongest, contributes hugely to the team with their determination and work rate, whilst the other (who is admittedly out of form) would walk into most sides in the league and scooped virtually every player of the season award last year.

Rather than constantly moan that he wants game time he should be investing that energy in learning from his those in front of him in-order to develop his all round game so that when the time comes he's ready to cease the opportunity. He's still young so there's no rush to be pushing for a first team spot. If anything that should be apparent from the player's who make up our current first team as most kicked on and reached the pinnacle of their careers quite late on so he has the right experience around him to mentor him.

Ultimately, I think the question he needs to ask himself is whether he'd realistically get more game time at any of the club's who a) are better than the one he's currently at, and b) who can afford to buy him. In both instances I don't believe that he would.

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

If Gray is 4th choice then he needs to leave as he'll get hardly any game time.

He is one of the most talented young players in England, if we can't find room for him then we don't deserve to hold highly talented young players as we'll just ruin them.

Totally this. Talented young players need to play, no wonder he's pissed off.

The fact he's not replaced Mahrez in the starting 11 this season is an absolute joke. We're becoming like the England set up, picking players on reputation rather than form.

Claudio was guilty of it when he kept coming on and creating goals when Mahrez was doing nothing, and now Shakey's doing the same. It was one of the worst managerial decisions I've ever seen for him to replace Morgan with Amartey, when we were desperate for a goal against Atletico. Gray spent that entire match on the bench, despite the fact he's one of the few truly creative players in the squad.

I'd leave if I was him. He'll thrive with a run in a starting 11.

We can't be throwing away all of our players just because they don't play every week. Gray is the future and if we don't keep him then we will lose out.

Archived