Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

8 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

All this bashing of his character is very odd considering there is no actual evidence to suggest he has a bad attitude. What a bunch of weirdos we have on here.

Yeah but he doesn't sit on the bench with a giant smile on his face every game so must have a bad attitude. Plus he doesn't do instagram posts about how happy he is to come on the pitch in the 89th minute.

The criticism of his character again is bizarre. There's not a piece of evidence to suggest it's true.. There's a huge difference between being frustrated at not playing and the idea of causing disruption in the difference. I'd envisage that most of the squad would see him as one of our most gifted players but since the turn around in form it's largely come with the settled side that we had last year and therefore hard to get him in. Nevertheless he deserves far more game time than he's getting at the moment. 

Just because he looks vaguely sulky at times doesn't mean he's destroying morale in the dressing room or stirring things.. And the fact he constantly talks in his interviews of the fact he's learning well from the players at the club would suggest otherwise.

He certainly should be frustrated as he clearly knows the talent he has and for me he could and hopefully will end up being one of our best players if we give him a chance. He's possibly our only player along with Mahrez who's capable of picking the ball up in our own defensive third and carrying it at pace during any kind of transition into attacking areas (Swansea last year, Everton away this year being best examples) 

And people saying he has no end product.. He's scored two superb goals this year (Derby & Man Utd) and in the games he's started he's gone close on multiple occasions to scoring from outside the box.

If Mahrez is still here next season then a loan spell for Gray to a team like Bournemouth or Brighton might be benrficial. The boy needs consistent game time, not 15 minutes here and 10 minutes there.

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Funny you say that. We've been carrying Mahrez majority of the time this season in the league. 

and thats probably one of the reasons that we are where we are. I love Mahrez he is a match winner and thats probably why we do carry him a little bit. It is what the league is coming to though especially with wingers there is no more just strolling back they need to be able to defend as well as attack and thats what Gray needs to learn. No one in the top 7 in the league would give him more game time than he is already getting at this current time.

he needs to be playing regularly, that what he wants and what he was doing for Brummie!. agree if Mahrez left he will get more opportunities but he should be starting games for us anyway. he is fit and young with a lot of pace and always wants to be involved in games. he just needs to improve his passing and final product and he'll be great for us!

3 minutes ago, Nugent said:

Don't blame him to be honest. The fact he has barely got a look in over a disappointing Mahrez all season is shocking really. 

This is too true, Mahrex should have been rested several times of the last few games and Gray a look in. I would be frustrated if I could see another player having really bad games and getting time over me who (at the minute) doesn't give a sh88 who you are i'm still going to run at you.

46 minutes ago, hornyhollthefox123 said:

The criticism of his character again is bizarre. There's not a piece of evidence to suggest it's true.. There's a huge difference between being frustrated at not playing and the idea of causing disruption in the difference. I'd envisage that most of the squad would see him as one of our most gifted players but since the turn around in form it's largely come with the settled side that we had last year and therefore hard to get him in. Nevertheless he deserves far more game time than he's getting at the moment. 

Just because he looks vaguely sulky at times doesn't mean he's destroying morale in the dressing room or stirring things.. And the fact he constantly talks in his interviews of the fact he's learning well from the players at the club would suggest otherwise.

He certainly should be frustrated as he clearly knows the talent he has and for me he could and hopefully will end up being one of our best players if we give him a chance. He's possibly our only player along with Mahrez who's capable of picking the ball up in our own defensive third and carrying it at pace during any kind of transition into attacking areas (Swansea last year, Everton away this year being best examples) 

And people saying he has no end product.. He's scored two superb goals this year (Derby & Man Utd) and in the games he's started he's gone close on multiple occasions to scoring from outside the box.

Has anyone actually suggested  he's destroying moral or stirring things?

There is evidence of the sort of character he is on social media. Nobody is bothered if he's annoyed and frustrated, I'd be worried if the people playing aren't. What people don't like is the petulance of showing that through his social media posts.

Comparison of recent wingers (Schlupp is the first year in the league)

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 10.33.20.png

Think he's been more deserving of a start than Mahrez in recent weeks.

He had a chance in the team playing instead of Albrighton but unfortunately for him albrighton came on and very fairly won his place back.

He should have a similar chance on the other flank instead of the under performing Mahrez.

4 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Lawrence has 11 goals and 11 assists this season in a shocking Ipswich team. That's more than Gray's entire career .

There is no logic in comparing somebody playing in a crap championship team week in week out, to somebody making 3 minute cameos here and there for a premier league/champions league side. 

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

There is no logic in comparing somebody playing in a crap championship team week in week out, to somebody making 3 minute cameos here and there for a premier league/champions league side. 

Fair enough, but Gray's started 14 games in all competitions and made 22 sub appearances. Its a myth he hasn't been given chances.

12 hours ago, matty98 said:

If someone offers £22 million for him I think we should take it. He hasn't shown any end product at all so far in his career. Of course he has some potential but personally I can't see that he's improved at all since joining us.

Man U (A) sept 2016 when they beat us 4-1? Gray scored an absolute screamer

For those who are saying Zaha wasn't as effective to what Gray was is utter bulls**t. Maybe on paper his stats don't look that great. But the opposition were sticking up to 3 players on Zaha at a time to keep him at bay. This created so much space for his team mates at palace. 

Not one team sticks more than 1 player on Gray. Because he doesn't have that fear factor yet. Don't get me wrong, Gray has the potential to be at Zaha's level. But overall Zaha was a lot more advanced with his development compared to Gray.

11 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

For those who are saying Zaha wasn't as effective to what Gray was is utter bulls**t. Maybe on paper his stats don't look that great. But the opposition were sticking up to 3 players on Zaha at a time to keep him at bay. This created so much space for his team mates at palace. 

Not one team sticks more than 1 player on Gray. Because he doesn't have that fear factor yet. Don't get me wrong, Gray has the potential to be at Zaha's level. But overall Zaha was a lot more advanced with his development compared to Gray.

This is a lot like Mahrez this year

2/3/4 players are being dragged or set in the area to stop Mahrez or close him down 

12 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Wow - his release clause went up 10 million in just a month. If we hang on until august we can get £52mill !!

he is frustrated - good, he should be. Would be concerned if he wasn't. Put in the hard yards and take your chance when it comes. He didn't shine against Sunderland and MA took his opportunity when it came. De aria has to do the same over the next few games when chances arise for him.

Seems rudders has played a blinder here. Slagged off last month when it was £12m now it's £22m it seems ok lollol

Gray against Derby in the cup replay and Stoke at home in the league was very, very good. They are the only starts this season where he's impressed me. I didn't watch the Everton away game nor the cup game when we won so can't comment but it's definitely been a case that when he has started matches he's not shown anywhere near enough. However in his defence he's not been given chance after chance to settle in, so I feel for him. But players often aren't afforded that luxury, let's hope he can start to make more of an impact. He has the ability and no doubt the potential, I feel he's just a few consistent performances away from really catching fire. His end product is erratic but with confidence and support that'll come, I've no doubt.

2 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Fair enough, but Gray's started 14 games in all competitions and made 22 sub appearances. Its a myth he hasn't been given chances.

yes go from comparing Ipswich players, to now criticizing him for not excelling against the annual best team teams in Europe.

makes sense

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Gray against Derby in the cup replay and Stoke at home in the league was very, very good. They are the only starts this season where he's impressed me. I didn't watch the Everton away game nor the cup game when we won so can't comment but it's definitely been a case that when he has started matches he's not shown anywhere near enough. However in his defence he's not been given chance after chance to settle in, so I feel for him. But players often aren't afforded that luxury, let's hope he can start to make more of an impact. He has the ability and no doubt the potential, I feel he's just a few consistent performances away from really catching fire. His end product is erratic but with confidence and support that'll come, I've no doubt.

I thought he was ok against Stoke and somehow he got MOTM.. & against Sunderland he was awful 

3 hours ago, Koke said:

If Mahrez is still here next season then a loan spell for Gray to a team like Bournemouth or Brighton might be benrficial. The boy needs consistent game time, not 15 minutes here and 10 minutes there.

Did wonders for Wilshire.

32 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I thought he was ok against Stoke and somehow he got MOTM.. & against Sunderland he was awful 

He was very unlucky not to score at least 2 against Stoke and it wasn't just those shots his all round play was good. I agree on the Sunderland game, he was very poor, as were a lot of the team until Albrighton and Slimani came on and completely ripped it up.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Tanner again stresses that there is no buyout clause in gray's contract

guess he just wants to drive some interest to increase his current deal 

And John Percy asks him if he's "done any journalism on that" .

Bit rich considering Percy said the buyout was £12m not long ago a think.

Archived