Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

39 minutes ago, 49er said:

This is the effect of the disaster that was the 2016/17 season. Instead of building on winning the League, by recruiting decent players that added quality to the team, we imploded and then appointed Shakey and Appleton. The message it sent our prized assets was that we are a mid-table team at best, and that if they have an ambition to challenge for trophies they should move elsewhere. Mahrez and Drinkwater will be gone and, I suspect, come this time next year Vardy will not be playing for us either. 

Last season was an unprecedented situation for any club in this period of time.  it was always going to be very difficult and anyone who thought we will be too big to lose key players off the back of the title season was deluded

Dont forget our achievements still, QF Champions League and a hairs breadth from a top 10 league finish

What happens today will say a lot.  But if we get Silva in and maybe a CB (and keep Gray, will be surprised and disappointed if they let him leave) I think we can all be fairly satisfied.

Everyone also seems to have forgotten our collective erection for Iheanacho.  He's still there waiting to be brilliant for us

2 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

I'd love for us to sell Gray to Bournemouth - because that would confirm we're keeping Riyad lol

Oh well, over to you kid - it's time to see that player you think you are :thumbup:

Why would it?

If we sell both we're fvcked. Mahrez and Gray are the only player willing to get the ball down and run at opposition. We were more creative with both playing on Saturday.

46 minutes ago, 49er said:

This is the effect of the disaster that was the 2016/17 season. Instead of building on winning the League, by recruiting decent players that added quality to the team, we imploded and then appointed Shakey and Appleton. The message it sent our prized assets was that we are a mid-table team at best, and that if they have an ambition to challenge for trophies they should move elsewhere. Mahrez and Drinkwater will be gone and, I suspect, come this time next year Vardy will not be playing for us either. 

Kante wanted to go the second he got a sniff of a bigger team, what we did last summer will have little bearing on whether players want to move to a bigger club or not. We are not and will not be bigger than the top clubs without silly money being spent. So we need to accept that and move on from it, we will lose out best players more often than not, getting good replacements should be the main concern.

If we had bought well last summer and finished 5/6th, they would still want to move to the champions, playing champions league football. Arsenal lose their best players to other teams, Spurs lose theirs to other teams. It's an almost impossible task to keep them all. Looking for one reason or blaming x, y and z is fruitless as it will keep happening unless we win trophy after trophy... even then we'll lose them to Barca or Madrid.

39 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Kante wanted to go the second he got a sniff of a bigger team, what we did last summer will have little bearing on whether players want to move to a bigger club or not. We are not and will not be bigger than the top clubs without silly money being spent. So we need to accept that and move on from it, we will lose out best players more often than not, getting good replacements should be the main concern.

If we had bought well last summer and finished 5/6th, they would still want to move to the champions, playing champions league football. Arsenal lose their best players to other teams, Spurs lose theirs to other teams. It's an almost impossible task to keep them all. Looking for one reason or blaming x, y and z is fruitless as it will keep happening unless we win trophy after trophy... even then we'll lose them to Barca or Madrid.

This.  Let's face it Chelsea are a bigger club than us, so are the teams that are interested in Mahrez.

Gray is a funny one,  it's either the agent using Bournemouth to negotiate a new deal or he really does just want to play.  Win win for him, so I guess his agent has done well there (in the short-term at least).

24 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Would you rather see Mahrez leave?

That wasn't my point, from Gray's personal perspective he has been proper screwed over, transfer to move away to get first team rejected and now is main obstacle in the first team  here doesn't appear to be leaving either. 

Just now, AS78UK said:

That wasn't my point, from Gray's personal perspective he has been proper screwed over, transfer to move away to get first team rejected and now is main obstacle in the first team  here doesn't appear to be leaving either. 

Let him stay with us a bit. We need him and he'll play. He's still young and if he so much wants to move then there's always the january window.

Like I said before the season began the club was never going to entertain any offer for Gray as he's the natural replacement for Mahrez (when he eventually leaves) and have been negotiating a new contract for the past couple of months.

The obvious/predictable delaying tactics by his agent to negotiate a better deal is the only reason why nothing has been signed yet. 

I bet my right bollock a new contract will be signed in the coming weeks 

Archived