Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

19 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

producing more goals whether he scores them or not should be enough to replace a winger in a football team, but we have a manager that is scared to change the formation or the starting 11

This!

An assist or even a good run to distract the defence would make a lot more impact because he is bettering the team and not only himself.

7 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Perfectly fine interview. Very frustrated but constantly references getting his head down and working hard to try and force his way into the team.

Hope he gets some more starts, especially if Mahrez goes out of form again.

I think he should get starts whether Mahrez is playing well or not. We have to learn to do without Mahrez. Part of that is determining whether Gray is good enough to replace him. For that we need to play him sufficiently to say yay or nay.

If he's not good enough then sell both him and Mahrez in Jan and bring in Thorgan Hazard.

16 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I think he should get starts whether Mahrez is playing well or not. We have to learn to do without Mahrez. Part of that is determining whether Gray is good enough to replace him. For that we need to play him sufficiently to say yay or nay.

If he's not good enough then sell both him and Mahrez in Jan and bring in Thorgan Hazard.

That's what cup games are for! Let him have his run there, but playing him versus United was very, very stupid 

3 minutes ago, Redouane said:

That's what cup games are for! Let him have his run there, but playing him versus United was very, very stupid 

there is no point playing him in the cup games if you never have any intention of playing him in the league if he plays well, by the way, Gray coming on against United was when we looked at our most dangerous when Mahrez was trying to take on the world all on his own again on the opposite wing instead of looking to set up a teammate.

If Mahrez looks like the sulky useless player of last season he should be dropped immediately, not doing so set a bad precedent last season and allowed everyone else to do the same

15 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

I'm happy that gray is going to sign a new contract. I know he's still young and lacks experience at times but he is the future lcfc imo

Mine too, few more bits to learn, but boy could he be a world class player.

In case he's no longer considering his future, he might want to start considering his options on the pitch when he's playing.

Lad's got speed, skill and talent. Just still doesn't really understand how to use that force for the better.

Would hurt to have another Jeff Schlupp on our hands.

16 hours ago, Soundman said:

Mine too, few more bits to learn, but boy could he be a world class player.

World Class?? He'd have to have already shown a lot more to be considered to having world class potential. He may be very good one day, but world class, never! 

Clearly my opinion but I'd be surprised if he ever becomes world class. 

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

World Class?? He'd have to have already shown a lot more to be considered to having world class potential. He may be very good one day, but world class, never! 

He's just a late bloomer

7 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Not arguing with you and not saying he will be world class but not impossible.  He is younger than Mahrez was when he came to us and no one would ever have classed him as anywhere near world class when he came.  We'll see.  I think he has potential to be a very, very, very good PL player. X

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Not arguing with you and not saying he will be world class but not impossible.  He is younger than Mahrez was when he came to us and no one would ever have classed him as anywhere near world class when he came.  We'll see.  I think he has potential to be a very, very, very good PL player. X

See also Jamie Vardy and N'Golo Kante. Both 'player of the season' winners in the Prem and came to fruition, via us, when they were a lot older than Gray.

2 hours ago, the fox said:

He can be a 12 goals 7 assists a season player with just an above average footballing IQ. He has elite ability, he is fast, fairly strong, has a shot on him and can cross, he only needs to put it together.

He can cross but he doesn't xD

He can't shoot but he always does

though he is showing sign of improvement. I liked him versus Sheff United and Chelsea 

14 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Can't disagree with that Rumble! I hope I'm wrong and he proves himself and become a star for us. 

3 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Gray played okay today, but he is still extremely selfish with the ball.. he does have flair though, no question about that. 

Extremely selfish? No more selfish than Mahrez IMO and passed well at times, and thought those few chances, he was entitled to shoot as in a decent position.

As said in the other thread. If he was given more chances, then he may not feel the need to have to score every game, just to try force his way into the team.

Thought he was better than OKAY tonight. Out performed Albrighton and so should rightly be pushing to start ahead of him for the weekend. 

Shakey must start rewarding fringe players with starts if they are out performing the starting 11. Be interesting to see what he does Saturday, but I'm expecting Gray to be dropped again.

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Extremely selfish? No more selfish than Mahrez IMO and passed well at times, and thought those few chances, he was entitled to shoot as in a decent position.

As said in the other thread. If he was given more chances, then he may not feel the need to have to score every game, just to try force his way into the team.

Thought he was better than OKAY tonight. Out performed Albrighton and so should rightly be pushing to start ahead of him for the weekend. 

Shakey must start rewarding fringe players with starts if they are out performing the starting 11. Be interesting to see what he does Saturday, but I'm expecting Gray to be dropped again.

Yes mahrez is selfish. Why are you justifying one players flaw with another? He definitely deserves to start over Albrighton, I'm just pointing out his flaw on what he needs to work on to be perfect. 

6 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Yes mahrez is selfish. Why are you justifying one players flaw with another? He definitely deserves to start over Albrighton, I'm just pointing out his flaw on what he needs to work on to be perfect. 

Because one player's flaw seems to be drastically highlighted over the other's same flaw. I think it's harsh that it is constantly thrown at Gray, even after a decent performance. 

Gray to start on Saturday. Agreed on that. Knowing Shakey..  won't happen though. 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Disagree that he outperformed Albrighton. 

Albrighton understands the defensive aspect so much more. He keeps to the shape of the team, tracks back, tackles and is not out of position like Gray when we don't have the ball. IMO Gray needs to learn the less attractive aspects of team play. 

Gray as summed it up for me in the free kick just after half time. Okay, he won the foul, but we have better dead ball players than him, but he put himself first. You could say he took responsibility, but personally I would rather let Ndidi have a go, he can certainly strike a ball.

Gray doesn't do enough to warrant automatic start. 

Archived