Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

Can't help but feel we've mismanaged Gray. He should have had more opportunities as he won't improve without game time. I'm not going to pretend that his decision making is especially good but to improve this aspect of his game, he needs competitive football where the highlights reel can be displayed in front of him and talked through. 

It's surprised me how much more we've used Mahrez this year. Last year, we would sub him off much more, usually after 70 mins. This was presumably on the advice of the sports science dept, assessing his stats during a game. This season we've barely done that. Is it any surprise he then tires towards the end of the game and watches the ball go past him? We should have been subbing Gray on more in these moments. 

For sure been held back by the Management (both CR and CS) all season.   Given more game time he would for sure progress in to something really special.  If he leaves, please chuck in Rudkin as part of the deal, it would soften the severe blow.

Deserves more playing time but he won't get it at Liverpool.

His attitude though is that of a mardy impatient child. Don't know if anyone else saw it but even on Thursday night, when they were warming up at half time the subs were doing kick ups in a circle, Wasyl and Musa started messing about with the ball, Gray started to wave his arms about, got fed up, stormed off and decided to do kick ups by himself lol

I've said for weeks as soon as we were mathematically safe from relegation gray and a few others should have been chucked in, we need to give him Musa Slimani and Co the game time to show they're good enough to be starting next season.... continually starting players like Mahrez (who I love) who'll 100% be off in the summer over a player who'll hopefully be given the chance to replace him is crazy, I guess Shakespeare has been playing it safe trying to get the wins/job full time

7 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I've said for weeks as soon as we were mathematically safe from relegation gray and a few others should have been chucked in, we need to give him Musa Slimani and Co the game time to show they're good enough to be starting next season.... continually starting players like Mahrez (who I love) who'll 100% be off in the summer over a player who'll hopefully be given the chance to replace him is crazy, I guess Shakespeare has been playing it safe trying to get the wins/job full time

With as said in another thread 15m to play for using our kids is still not an option. We also had an outside chance of Europe.

Way to much money to be played for to throw kids in now.

27 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Don't blame him at all.

One of the countries best prospects and we've got him on the bench.

Must admit we do seem to destroy players at times.

Kapustka, Gray all added to the list.

I for one hope Mahrez leaves, Nowhere near the same player, not looking as interested.

10 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

No release clause its all poppy cock!

If there is one, tanner will have been mugged off by the club and that would surprise me. More likely the red tops are being mugged off by gray's agents to try and drive him a better contract here. 

There must be a plan for Gray. After we were safe I thought if we didn't start Gray he's gone. It may be because he's been too big for his boots, I don't know but if he's been commenting on social media I can't see a manager like Shakespeare putting up with that no matter how talented he is.

Didn't exactly change the game today did he. Infact if anything we were probably worse after he came on down that side. Chilwell was bombing on and gray wandering inside. Certainly isn't gonna be the answer anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Didn't exactly change the game today did he. Infact if anything we were probably worse after he came on down that side. Chilwell was bombing on and gray wandering inside. Certainly isn't gonna be the answer anytime soon.

I'd have brought Shinji on ...

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

I'd have brought Shinji on ...

That's a different arguement. We have 3 strikers in leo slim and shinji who just don't score enough goals the way we play.

Without vardys goals we would really be in trouble and whilst we are set up attempt that style of play we need someone who can take some of the burden.

Archived