Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

I do not think that Mahrez will  be interested in leaving Leicester for OM. Although, this interest will surely start a long bidding war. 

There are rumours that many CL clubs are interested in Mahrez, one of which is Barcelona.

Source [In French]: http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/l-om-pret-a-mettre-le-paquet-sur-riyad-mahrez_201405

Gonna be an interesting mercato 

Clubs (Big Clubs) will only be interested in Mahrez if they can get a cheeky cheap bid accepted.

I simply just can't see clubs being interested in him after this season.

If we can get good money for him let him go but if we're letting him go for cheap based on this season's form i'll be fuming.

English champion Leicester, Riyad Mahrez had splashed the Premier League with all his talent last season until receiving the prize for best player of the year. But while a departure seemed already envisaged last summer following its superb performances, the Algerian, like his compère Jamard Vardy, had decided to extend with the Foxes until 2020.

Yes, but the story does not repeat itself twice, and Mahrez and his teammates have lived a more than complicated season on the other side of the English Channel (currently 12th in the ranking), despite all the same a nice European track With a elimination in the quarter-finals of Champions League against Atlético Madrid (0-1, 1-1). Thus, a departure at the next mercato seems more and more envisaged by the former Havrais. And according to the information of the Mirror , the Olympique de Marseille would be interested in the one who has shaken the nets 9 times this season all competitions combined. It should be noted that the Algerian had been proposed to the OM in 2014, but Vincent Labrune, president of the club at the time, had sent ball players' representatives.

Riyad Mahrez wants to play the Champions League

The OM Champions Project is on everyone's lips since the arrival of Frank McCourt and his team at the head of the Marseilles club. The Phocaean leaders wish to attract some great talents in their workforce and will not hesitate to release the checkbook in order to build a competitive team, able to compete with the championship leaders. Only problem, and not least, Mahrez has the ambition to play the Champions League next season. So, according to the British media, OM intends to compensate for the absence of participation in the most prestigious European competition with a good offer for the Algerian international (30 caps, 8 goals).

But offering the 26-year-old will not be a big deal. For good reason, the native of Sarcelles seems to be in the viewfinder of several European teams and especially Liverpool, while Sport announced a few weeks ago that the Fox would dream of joining FC Barcelona. Following these many interests, Leicester would have recently set the price of his offensive medium at nearly 46 million euros. It remains to be seen if the OM will be convincing to attach the services of the best African player of the year 2016 .

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Clubs (Big Clubs) will only be interested in Mahrez if they can get a cheeky cheap bid accepted.

I simply just can't see clubs being interested in him after this season.

If we can get good money for him let him go but if we're letting him go for cheap based on this season's form i'll be fuming.

Untrue. He has had an above average champions league performance. 

So we want £40m for Mahrez. That will buy us 100 more Mahrez's.

XD

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Can't wait to see him move to a big club, then fail to put the effort in which leads to him being dropped.

You should just be grateful that you had the pleasure of seeing him in a Leicester shirt. The most naturally gifted player I have seen play for us in the 52 years I have been supporting.

5 minutes ago, Foxesmints said:

You should just be grateful that you had the pleasure of seeing him a Leicester shirt. The most naturally gifted player I have seen play for us in the 52 years I have been supporting.

Agree with that, however my memories of Mahrez that I will pass on to future generations will be of last season, he hasn't really had any stand out moments this season.

Not necessarily his fault, but unless we change the way we play (unlikely) or Mahrez adapts his game, we won't get the best out of him.

6 minutes ago, Foxesmints said:

You should just be grateful that you had the pleasure of seeing him a Leicester shirt. The most naturally gifted player I have seen play for us in the 52 years I have been supporting.

This. We can't expect loyalty from players when some fans can be so fickle too.

5 minutes ago, Foxesmints said:

Absolutely right - I don't know the reason for his jaded performances this season but even at 30% or so some of his moves are better than highly rated opposition players at the peak of their powers and form . He can change a game in an instant. Not many have his sheer brilliance .

i will be very disappointed when he goes and cannot believe how some posters are calling for him to be dropped and sold - believe me he will leave a massive gap in the side and we will be back to looking at the same potential players to replace him as many other sides in the league 

Can see this happening if he wants CL football. After the season he's had I can't see any of the top teams from Europe's top leagues being interested in him but Marseille seem to be flush with cash at the moment and I can see him using them to try and get his dream move to one of the top teams. Wouldn't be averse to it personally if he has to leave (not that I want him to), but I'd certainly prefer him to go abroad.

12 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Can see this happening if he wants CL football. After the season he's had I can't see any of the top teams from Europe's top leagues being interested in him but Marseille seem to be flush with cash at the moment and I can see him using them to try and get his dream move to one of the top teams. Wouldn't be averse to it personally if he has to leave (not that I want him to), but I'd certainly prefer him to go abroad.

Marseille won't have champions league this season though...:P

He wants CL football for certain and as a club he's helped take us to new heights - it's time for us to make a stance that if clubs want our players we're not letting them go cheaply - obviously Kante had a buy out clause which I'm sure might have quadrupled by now, but with Riyad we have a chance to be assertive. 

I would want atleast £50million just to even interest me. Then again when you've got Jon Rudkin in charge and he's aruging over £50 for Ryan Watson to go Northampton what do you expect.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

English champion Leicester, Riyad Mahrez had splashed the Premier League with all his talent last season until receiving the prize for best player of the year. But while a departure seemed already envisaged last summer following its superb performances, the Algerian, like his compère Jamard Vardy, had decided to extend with the Foxes until 2020.

lol

Marsaille couldn't afford a boxed Mahrez fart. 

He's been great for us - for the life of me don't understand fans that scorn him for not being an all-action fighting midfielder with fancy footwork. There's not many of them on earth. Forever grateful we had the pleasure of unleashing the real Riyad on the footballing world.

Archived