Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Im with the post that said this is all put together by his people to get Arsenal to hurry up. 

they probably think these bids will make wenger' 35/40m look like a good offer 

Come the last week of august they are probably right!

Couldn't agree more. Salah left Roma to pursue PL football, and Mahrez going the opposite. He wants London move. Familiar with his other halfs family. Won't say ITK but she ain't moving to Italy 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Suppose because it's pointless keeping an unhappy player? 

And this is the point! He isn't an unhappy player, he just wants to play European football. 

It's not hard to keep him. If the only two clubs are Roma and arsenal I'm not worried! The first is outside of england and he IMO wants to stay here. And the second is an england team without CL and their two best players have only 1 year left and one of them (Sanchez) wants to leave (if the rumors are true).

Chelsea is what worries me. They still have a spot for a left winger, kante is there and they have a couple of players who speak French. And dare I say barca? Supposedly they are losing neymar and there aren't many great wingers in the market.

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Why on earth would we do a deal for £35m?

These rags are so confident we'll just let him go.

The rags fail to consider Top's quite public and direct stance that we want top bunce or get fcuked. The media are desperate to see us knocked down a peg or two, irked we still aren't rolling over and going back to the Ormondroyd Ages. £40 million plus add on's or suck a dick.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Suppose because it's pointless keeping an unhappy player? 

I think we've already seen in pre-season that he's playing for a move, and that's what we want.

He's got 3 years left on his contract, he's not going to waste them sulking on the bench.

He will have learnt a lesson from this, and will know he has no choice but to work hard and look like he's worth £50m. 

We're in control here.

22 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Can you just bugger off now then ?

This forum is for people that support Leicester City and who can also write English grammar that people can understand.

You satisfy neither criteria so I don't understand why you are posting on this forum ?

Great way to make yourself look like a bit of an elitist tw at

8 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I think we've already seen in pre-season that he's playing for a move, and that's what we want.

This myth again! He probably decided to stay after the first 20 minutes against pool!

The day I see overlapping and beautiful ball movement (a LA WBA match) and he plays bad or go missing is the day I will admit that he isn't committed to the club.Because for me, he looked like riyad of last season.

5 hours ago, the fox said:

This myth again! He probably decided to stay after the first 20 minutes against pool!

The day I see overlapping and beautiful ball movement (a LA WBA match) and he plays bad or go missing is the day I will admit that he isn't committed to the club.Because for me, he looked like riyad of last season.

Last season or the title winning season? I'm lost :sweating:

On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 21:25, Lcfcbisto said:

Proof he can play really well for 15 min (he did really look good) but that was it. 

Compared to the rest of the players that looked good for 0 mins

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I have no idea why people are saying we need another creative player 'if Mahrez leaves'. We need another creative player AS WELL AS Mahrez.

Basically, if he does leave, our current creativity would be just about nil.

I totally agree, I just find it baffling that the Club can't see how much we need one. He doesn't have to cost a fortune either. Someone like Houlihan of Norwich among others could do a job for us.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I have no idea why people are saying we need another creative player 'if Mahrez leaves'. We need another creative player AS WELL AS Mahrez.

Basically, if he does leave, our current creativity would be just about nil.

Get Knocky in.

£10m to test the waters. Up to £20m to seal the deal. Less than half the price of Riyad. Good business (ignoring the fact it's Pogba esque)

4 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Get Knocky in.

£10m to test the waters. Up to £20m to seal the deal. Less than half the price of Riyad. Good business (ignoring the fact it's Pogba esque)

I think you should leave knocky at Brighton till Jan to see how he goes for his second tilt at the prem. I'm not convinced.

Jimmy Vardy on RM

"At the moment there is nothing and he is giving 110 percent in training. You have seen how he played (during the 2-1 defeat to Liverpool in the Premier League Asia Trophy), he had a great game until he came off so he isn't letting it affect him either."  " Until the club reach an agreement with anyone and accept a bid, then that will be time for him to go talk to them.

http://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/leicester-city/news/vardy-mahrez-unaffected-by-transfer-talk_303321.html

36 minutes ago, Almo-Fox said:

Jimmy Vardy on RM

"At the moment there is nothing and he is giving 110 percent in training. You have seen how he played (during the 2-1 defeat to Liverpool in the Premier League Asia Trophy), he had a great game until he came off so he isn't letting it affect him either."  " Until the club reach an agreement with anyone and accept a bid, then that will be time for him to go talk to them.

http://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/leicester-city/news/vardy-mahrez-unaffected-by-transfer-talk_303321.html

That well known Leicester legend Jimmy 

:)

Deny it all you want - live in cloud cuckoo land if you wish, but Mahrez's stats of last season for goals, key passes, assists, succesful dribbles AND work rate were massively down on the previous season. There is a clear correlation between a lower work rate and end product. 

If you were aware of this stuff we wouldn't be having this argument - you can find it it black and white. You don't have to trust me; look at it yourself.

The title winning season where he was one of the best players in Europe, he was playing wide.

the whole team played worse but is fashionable on here to pick a scapegoat

Trying to be objective, though I have in recent times been very critical of Marhez, he was without doubt, in our winning season, fully worthy of his player of the year award and a huge part of our collective success. If he'd chosen to leave for a team like Barcelona then for a decent fee, then whilst disappointed,  I think ultimately, me and everyone would have understood,  been happy for him and want to see him grow.

Last season happened and for whatever reasons, it wasn't good for him and reasons and opinions have been aired from both sides of the camp. Whilst Roma have Champions league football I do think they're a smoke screen, I can't see them stumping up the money we'd want, it's just not Roma and arguably they've now sold a number of their best players and Marhez and his agent will know that. Arsenal too doesn't seem wildly ambitious as they've no champions league football and despite the signing of Lacazette, I would be suprised if Sanchez at least and others don't leave.

Our owners,  if he leaves, need decent money to protect their interests. His value to the outside world has gone down because of last season. Whilst we have to take the  Liverpool match in context and most players only got 45 minutes, we saw flashes of Marhez doing things that only Marhez can do. Fantastic. After those flashes however he went quiet again. Compare his 45 minutes then to Liverpool new boy Mohammed Salah who cost  £36m from Roma. He MADE himself involved for 45 minutes his movement and running off the ball unselfishly depicted a player who was keen to impress and get up to the fitness levels required for the start of a hard Premiership campaign.

If you were from a big club like Barcelona, how much would you pay for Marhez when compared to Salah?  The fee could be a problem. Marhez is undoubtedly a little genius with his dribbling sometimes but if you were to pay big money, would you not want someone who can do just a little bit more for your money? If we ignore the thorny issues of tracking back and defending,  both sides of the argument of which I can understand,  if not defending,  should not Marhez be committing himself to some of those energy sapping runs like Salah to either receive the ball or take some of the oppositions players out of the game?  I forsee some comments that we wouldn't have the players to find him or be on 'his' wavelength but I don't buy it,  we won the league and it wasn't just because of him. His movement off the ball is not great,  defending not great but forgivable, but general work rate also poor. 

So for me, if Salah cost 36m, Marhez to any unbiased interested party watching,  on top of last year's performances aren't going to splash out 50m for him and I can't blame them. The most I can see is 35m at a push from a last minute Arsenal bid and if Sanchez and Ozil leave, what does that say about his ambition compared with buckling down here and getting a move you really want in January or next summer. Who knows, probably without blue tinted glasses, big teams see through him as not all round complete player and consider him a one season wonder. From the outside wouldn't you expect to see a player, whichever team he was in,  busting a gut with ambition to get to the top? 

21 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Trying to be objective, though I have in recent times been very critical of Marhez, he was without doubt, in our winning season, fully worthy of his player of the year award and a huge part of our collective success. If he'd chosen to leave for a team like Barcelona then for a decent fee, then whilst disappointed,  I think ultimately, me and everyone would have understood,  been happy for him and want to see him grow.

Last season happened and for whatever reasons, it wasn't good for him and reasons and opinions have been aired from both sides of the camp. Whilst Roma have Champions league football I do think they're a smoke screen, I can't see them stumping up the money we'd want, it's just not Roma and arguably they've now sold a number of their best players and Marhez and his agent will know that. Arsenal too doesn't seem wildly ambitious as they've no champions league football and despite the signing of Lacazette, I would be suprised if Sanchez at least and others don't leave.

Our owners,  if he leaves, need decent money to protect their interests. His value to the outside world has gone down because of last season. Whilst we have to take the  Liverpool match in context and most players only got 45 minutes, we saw flashes of Marhez doing things that only Marhez can do. Fantastic. After those flashes however he went quiet again. Compare his 45 minutes then to Liverpool new boy Mohammed Salah who cost  £36m from Roma. He MADE himself involved for 45 minutes his movement and running off the ball unselfishly depicted a player who was keen to impress and get up to the fitness levels required for the start of a hard Premiership campaign.

If you were from a big club like Barcelona, how much would you pay for Marhez when compared to Salah?  The fee could be a problem. Marhez is undoubtedly a little genius with his dribbling sometimes but if you were to pay big money, would you not want someone who can do just a little bit more for your money? If we ignore the thorny issues of tracking back and defending,  both sides of the argument of which I can understand,  if not defending,  should not Marhez be committing himself to some of those energy sapping runs like Salah to either receive the ball or take some of the oppositions players out of the game?  I forsee some comments that we wouldn't have the players to find him or be on 'his' wavelength but I don't buy it,  we won the league and it wasn't just because of him. His movement off the ball is not great,  defending not great but forgivable, but general work rate also poor. 

So for me, if Salah cost 36m, Marhez to any unbiased interested party watching,  on top of last year's performances aren't going to splash out 50m for him and I can't blame them. The most I can see is 35m at a push from a last minute Arsenal bid and if Sanchez and Ozil leave, what does that say about his ambition compared with buckling down here and getting a move you really want in January or next summer. Who knows, probably without blue tinted glasses, big teams see through him as not all round complete player and consider him a one season wonder. From the outside wouldn't you expect to see a player, whichever team he was in,  busting a gut with ambition to get to the top? 

Agree fully with all of this.  Deece post, with moderate criticisms both positive and negative. Bon point from me; Fuch it, and a Kasper thumbs up

:schmike:

11 hours ago, the fox said:

This!

The first 20 mins against pool he was up for it, then when things didn't go his way it was last seasons riyad all over again.

If we are not careful his stock could plummet if he stays and the teams fortunes with it.

Personally I think there is a case for 50M for Mahrez compared with other fees being paid by PL Clubs.  To compare him with just 'one' Liverpool signing is not, IMO, really a fair benchmark of the crazy market.

Archived