Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Personally I think there is a case for 50M for Mahrez compared with other fees being paid by PL Clubs.  To compare him with just 'one' Liverpool signing is not, IMO, really a fair benchmark of the crazy market.

If you were offered a straight swap, Salah for Mahrez, would you take it?  

33 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Does anyone honestly believe someone will match our valuation? I think he will be here until January atleast.

i dont, more than likely settle for something in and around £35mil with add ons, just hope they include a  sell on clause too

33 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

If you were offered a straight swap, Salah for Mahrez, would you take it?  

Mahrez.   

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

the whole team played worse but is fashionable on here to pick a scapegoat

When Shakey took over the whole squad took a massive step forward, bar one.

Mahrez improved marginally, but his improvement was nothing like the others.

I am not scapegoating him. It's not his fault for poor recruitment  and how badly others played, but its ridiculous to claim he was anything but very poor in the PL, and with a questionable attitude.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Our owners,  if he leaves, need decent money to protect their interests. His value to the outside world has gone down because of last season. Whilst we have to take the  Liverpool match in context and most players only got 45 minutes, we saw flashes of Marhez doing things that only Marhez can do. Fantastic. After those flashes however he went quiet again. Compare his 45 minutes then to Liverpool new boy Mohammed Salah who cost  £36m from Roma. He MADE himself involved for 45 minutes his movement and running off the ball unselfishly depicted a player who was keen to impress and get up to the fitness levels required for the start of a hard Premiership campaign.

Come on, you're comparing two totally different players in two totally different teams. It's far easier to be making those runs in a team that passes the ball up the pitch, commits more people forward and stretches the space. Salah constantly had that space because our defence was being pulled around by their numbers and runners all over the place.

Compare that to us venturing forward and it goes upfield far quicker, in less numbers. We don't control the ball and pull the defence around to play that way. Our style of football is always going to mean our attacking players are out of the game for long periods, just waiting for a break away.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

So for me, if Salah cost 36m, Marhez to any unbiased interested party watching,  on top of last year's performances aren't going to splash out 50m for him and I can't blame them. The most I can see is 35m at a push from a last minute Arsenal bid and if Sanchez and Ozil leave, what does that say about his ambition compared with buckling down here and getting a move you really want in January or next summer. Who knows, probably without blue tinted glasses, big teams see through him as not all round complete player and consider him a one season wonder. From the outside wouldn't you expect to see a player, whichever team he was in,  busting a gut with ambition to get to the top? 

Not many, even the club expect £50m for him. It's a starting position. But in a day and age where the likes of Walker, Stones, Sterling, are costing £50m. When the likes of Sissoko and Bolasie go for £30m. When it will take £30m to buy someone like Deeney.  Then we have every right to hold out for more than that and should expect it.

Salah's fee rises to £44m... if we got a similar bid  in structure then he'd probably get sold.

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Hakim Ziyech or Boudebouz. Siggy seems like a waste of time. These pair have so much potential, whoever takes a gamble on them will have a key player in there side.

So why hasn’t anyone taken a gamble yet? I’ve said it before, one is 24 and one is 27 and both play in Micky mouse leagues.... scouts will watch these guys every game of ever week.... why has no one taken a punt yet?

I hear their names mentioned on here all the time but I can’t remember a prem team being linked to them!

20 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i dont, more than likely settle for something in and around £35mil with add ons, just hope they include a  sell on clause too

The owners won't sell for £35m + add-ons. Much of the media coverage seems to be based on an assumption that the club will at some point significantly come down from its initial £50m valuation. It won't. It may come down by a few million, but unless somebody offers a package worth at least £45m+, Mahrez will be here next season - which is exactly what the owners want.

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The owners won't sell for £35m + add-ons. Much of the media coverage seems to be based on an assumption that the club will at some point significantly come down from its initial £50m valuation. It won't. It may come down by a few million, but unless somebody offers a package worth at least £45m+, Mahrez will be here next season - which is exactly what the owners want.

Good. .... i hope they tell arsenal and mahrez to stop it.  They are both disturbing our preparation.   Being tough will set a line in the sand for all future business 

1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

This!

The first 20 mins against pool he was up for it, then when things didn't go his way it was last seasons riyad all over again.

If we are not careful his stock could plummet if he stays and the teams fortunes with it.

Not this? Have u ever played football,coached? 

After liverpools equaliser . They had a water break.  Klopp starved  him of the ball.

we don't actually have many players who PASS the ball forward. Now the key word here was pass?

Not play the ball long into the channels....!

We are not hard to play against... 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Does anyone honestly believe someone will match our valuation? I think he will be here until January atleast.

Teams panic come the end of August/January. When they run out of options and look at who's guaranteed available for x amount, there'll be a £40 million + bid come in for Mahrez. Hopefully it'll be too late though and he stays. 

22 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

im sure they'd consider it, if there was a 25% sell on clause in the deal but we wouldnt do anything like that knowing us, as the potential deal could in the end be over £40mil, but as you said, i can see him still being here and personally if he wants a move to a bigger team it would be better for him to stay and see who comes in in Jan. But in the end its all odds and sods so to speak

12 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

im sure they'd consider it, if there was a 25% sell on clause in the deal but we wouldnt do anything like that knowing us, as the potential deal could in the end be over £40mil, but as you said, i can see him still being here and personally if he wants a move to a bigger team it would be better for him to stay and see who comes in in Jan. But in the end its all odds and sods so to speak

A 25% sell on clause is worthless unless the player is seen likely to become worth more in the future and likely to then move on to an even bigger club as you only get 25% of the profit. Mahrez will be 27 this year and if he goes to Arsenal he'll not be cherry picked after a decent season or two, unless he becomes one of the best players in the world. They'll probably only sell him when they've had enough of him for a smaller fee. I'd much rather we had a player in exchange if we can't agree on a £40 million + fee. Just please not Eleny. Perez would be class or I'd even take a punt on Calum Chambers whom gets a lot of stick but we could develop him and Maguire as a partnership for years to come. Much more of a safer deal than a sell on clause.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Mahrez.   

25 minutes ago, surrifox said:

No

I'm guessing you took into account his form and potential lack thereof.  I wasnt thinking as a like for like swap.  Was posing the question in the context of Mahrez not wanting to be here and potentially having another s**t season as maybe he has no faith in continuing his football at LCFC, and Salah looking like he'd be less mercurial in his performances

But maybe your answers would still be straight up no

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I'm guessing you took into account his form and potential lack thereof.  I wasnt thinking as a like for like swap.  Was posing the question in the context of Mahrez not wanting to be here and potentially having another s**t season as maybe he has no faith in continuing his football at LCFC, and Salah looking like he'd be less mercurial in his performances

But maybe your answers would still be straight up no

This is leading no where. I will pass on making any more comments other than 50M for Mahrez is not too far off the mark given the wonger that is passing hands this Window -- Kyle Walker??  Have a nice day.

Walker and siggy for 50m ?  If our owners dont want to sell mahrez for less than 50m then thats their right. The own mahrez and he should stop carping.  Given the prices being paid this window i would think even a poor form versiom of mahrez could justify 50m..... but i dont think arse will be in at that price.  They are bottom feeders

8 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This is leading no where. I will pass on making any more comments other than 50M for Mahrez is not too far off the mark given the wonger that is passing hands this Window -- Kyle Walker??  Have a nice day.

Your acid tongue reminds me of Rita Skeeter.  I cant continue this anyway, as you have caused me to weep.  Good day to you sir

9 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I didn't contextualise it- I think Mahrez is incomparably better as a player and therefore would not want to swap him for someone with less ability 

I just meant that watching a player who seemed present over the space of a game in comparison to Mahrez who sometimes doesnt gives me pause for thought about his potency for us or anyone.   Of course he is great, there are question marks though

But I think its too late for me to recall my email to Klopp, so unfortunately for you and Mozart this swap deal is probably more or less done.

Will go make another thread for it now so we can continue this discussion.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

So why hasn’t anyone taken a gamble yet? I’ve said it before, one is 24 and one is 27 and both play in Micky mouse leagues.... scouts will watch these guys every game of ever week.... why has no one taken a punt yet?

I hear their names mentioned on here all the time but I can’t remember a prem team being linked to them!

Too many on here think they are football experts when they are not....thats why

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Ziyech has a pretty healthy career trajectory right now, if he had another good season this year with Ajax then he'll probably be off to a tidy Bundesliga or Premier League club next summer. 

24 is a good age to be where he is, he's progressed well. If a club like us wants to sign him, now is exactly the time. He's the same age Kante was when we took a punt. We were the right club at the right time for Ngolo, if we waited another year we'd have lost him. 

I'm not saying we're after Ziyech or that he'd even come here (he's probably better served doing another year in the CL with Ajax if they beat Nice) but I don't see it as a criticism of him that there aren't floods of rumours around him yet. 

If they don't beat Nice, wouldn't surprise me if he makes a late move. 

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ziyech has a pretty healthy career trajectory right now, if he had another good season this year with Ajax then he'll probably be off to a tidy Bundesliga or Premier League club next summer. 

24 is a good age to be where he is, he's progressed well. If a club like us wants to sign him, now is exactly the time. He's the same age Kante was when we took a punt. We were the right club at the right time for Ngolo, if we waited another year we'd have lost him. 

I'm not saying we're after Ziyech or that he'd even come here (he's probably better served doing another year in the CL with Ajax if they beat Nice) but I don't see it as a criticism of him that there aren't floods of rumours around him yet. 

If they don't beat Nice, wouldn't surprise me if he makes a late move. 

Ahh some actual info on him... what a blessing lol 

Fair enough, i've seen bits of him and he looks a talent, like you say only one season at Ajax at a good level and with the added Champions League challenge so another would do him good if they Quali.

The reason teams are unwilling to hit the £50m valuation for RM has nothing to do with his ability. 

The reason that clubs aren't willing to pay that is because, not only does he apear to have a questionable temperament after spitting out his dummy and downing tools last year but the fact he's publicly announced he's unhappy and wants to leave. Teams are far more likely to pay a higher fee for a player they believe is happy at a club who don't want to sell. 

Fact is, teams are banking on us not wanting to be stuck with an unhappy, moody player. 

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The reason teams are unwilling to hit the £50m valuation for RM has nothing to do with his ability. 

The reason that clubs aren't willing to pay that is because, not only does he apear to have a questionable temperament after spitting out his dummy and downing tools last year but the fact he's publicly announced he's unhappy and wants to leave. Teams are far more likely to pay a higher fee for a player they believe is happy at a club who don't want to sell. 

Fact is, teams are banking on us not wanting to be stuck with an unhappy, moody player

Yes, that's what it comes down to. However, Top's comments the other day imply that the club has not decided it wants rid of Mahrez but instead very much wants to keep him. If the club genuinely does not want to sell, there's no pressure for it to reduce the price. Why reduce the price of something you don't want to sell anyway?

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes, that's what it comes down to. However, Top's comments the other day imply that the club has not decided it wants rid of Mahrez but instead very much wants to keep him. If the club genuinely does not want to sell, there's no pressure for it to reduce the price. Why reduce the price of something you don't want to sell anyway?

I'm sure the club do want to keepisode him, as do the fans but even if the were desperate to sell, coming out and saying so is hardly going to get the maximum amount out of buying clubs. He kind of had to say that regardless of what he was thinking.

Archived