Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The reason teams are unwilling to hit the £50m valuation for RM has nothing to do with his ability. 

The reason that clubs aren't willing to pay that is because, not only does he apear to have a questionable temperament after spitting out his dummy and downing tools last year but the fact he's publicly announced he's unhappy and wants to leave. Teams are far more likely to pay a higher fee for a player they believe is happy at a club who don't want to sell. 

Fact is, teams are banking on us not wanting to be stuck with an unhappy, moody player. 

Well Siggy and van Dijk throwing far bigger tantrums than Riyad this summer haven't succeeded in lowering their asking price at all..

8 minutes ago, brucey said:

Well Siggy and van Dijk throwing far bigger tantrums than Riyad this summer haven't succeeded in lowering their asking price at all..

Has Siggy even made a statement about wanting out of Swansea? Genuine question as I've heard nothing at all from him

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Your acid tongue reminds me of Rita Skeeter.  I cant continue this anyway, as you have caused me to weep.  Good day to you sir

Rita Skeeter - does he play for OHL?

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Has Siggy even made a statement about wanting out of Swansea? Genuine question as I've heard nothing at all from him

As far as I know he initially said he was happy to stay at Swansea, then refused to go on preseason once his head was turned. Don't think there's been a statement from him, but there's been one from Swansea about his 'unfit psychological state'.

if we lost Mahrez i honestly dont think wed get in the top 10.

His Creativity ..Dribbles ,Assists and goals are key moments in all a our games and without that we are no different to other teams. He is so important for us.

16 minutes ago, les-tah said:

if we lost Mahrez i honestly dont think wed get in the top 10.

His Creativity ..Dribbles ,Assists and goals are key moments in all a our games and without that we are no different to other teams. He is so important for us.

Really ? In all our games ? It can't be the same player I saw last season who just couldn't be bothered then ?  even when the team picked it's self up under shakey he was still a passenger and should have been dropped.  Short memory some people.

Just now, Bunyip said:

Really ? In all our games ? It can't be the same player I saw last season who just couldn't be bothered then ?  even when the team picked it's self up under shakey he was still a passenger and should have been dropped.  Short memory some people.

:rolleyes:

Newsflash... the team was shite last year... the tactics destroyed us

Simpson was the only player to come out of the first 3/4qtrs of a season with any credit

"Should have been dropped"? Really? :unsure:

And who to replace him & improve the team?

Talk about short term memory indeed...

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

No pal, you're the numpty with the short memory.

Go back and watch the games from last season, Mahrez still applied himself when he needed to and picked balls out for other players and began attacks in our own half. Was he at his best compared to the seaosn before? No.

Was he effective last season, despite having the attention of three defenders? Yes.

Educate yourself before making ridiculous comments. That goes for all the Mahrez haters on here.

14 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Go back and watch the games from last season, Mahrez still applied himself when he needed to and picked balls out for other players and began attacks in our own half. Was he at his best compared to the seaosn before? No.

Was he effective last season, despite having the attention of three defenders? Yes.

Educate yourself before making ridiculous comments. That goes for all the Mahrez haters on here.

Not sure if he was that effective BB ...   and the issue over having 3 defenders shouldn't have been an issue cus if he passed the ball quickly those 3 defenders would have been taken out of the game ...   when they realised that and stopped doubling/trebling up he could then have tried a bit of football wizardry.   I still think there was a lot more to it than that and a lot of the problems were in his head .....        I'm not a hater by the way and hope he stays.

The problem for Riyad as that teams keep doubling up on him, he thinks he'll have more space in a better side. I think we need to make improvements to give Riyad more space, I think this has been highlighted as a problem with our RB being to defensive and not getting up to support and overlap Riyad, we'd also need a more mobile CD to cover RB position on a quick break by the opposition 

1 hour ago, cc_star said:

:rolleyes:

Newsflash... the team was shite last year... the tactics destroyed us

Simpson was the only player to come out of the first 3/4qtrs of a season with any credit

"Should have been dropped"? Really? :unsure:

And who to replace him & improve the team?

Talk about short term memory indeed...

Bigger newsflash-test your even shorter term memory . I said even when the team got it self back to some sort of semblance of the previous season form Mahrez was still lacking in effort and attitude. As for replacing him, we had Gray who should have took his place. And will do. 

1 hour ago, Bamba's Babes said:

The irony of you telling anyone else to educate themselves. NO he was not effective even with the attention of three defenders on him , he still does not know when to pass to team mates when under those situations. The other teams knew how to nullify him and did so. Now go away grow up and educate yourself before you make any more ridiculous analogies. ps please don't patronise me with the " pal " malarky eh. 

1 hour ago, Bamba's Babes said:

I'd argue that the only teams he was fully effective against last season were teams in the champions league that gave him too much space tbh

3 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

The irony of you telling anyone else to educate themselves. NO he was not effective even with the attention of three defenders on him , he still does not know when to pass to team mates when under those situations. The other teams knew how to nullify him and did so. Now go away grow up and educate yourself before you make any more ridiculous analogies. ps please don't patronise me with the " pal " malarky eh. 

Hahahahaha. Other people are numpties to you but you can't even take it when someone calls you "pal."

No matter how poorly Mahrez is playing, he can still change the game, out of nothing, in an instant. Not sure we have anyone else who can do that.

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Come on, you're comparing two totally different players in two totally different teams. It's far easier to be making those runs in a team that passes the ball up the pitch, commits more people forward and stretches the space. Salah constantly had that space because our defence was being pulled around by their numbers and runners all over the place.

Compare that to us venturing forward and it goes upfield far quicker, in less numbers. We don't control the ball and pull the defence around to play that way. Our style of football is always going to mean our attacking players are out of the game for long periods, just waiting for a break away.

Not many, even the club expect £50m for him. It's a starting position. But in a day and age where the likes of Walker, Stones, Sterling, are costing £50m. When the likes of Sissoko and Bolasie go for £30m. When it will take £30m to buy someone like Deeney.  Then we have every right to hold out for more than that and should expect it.

Salah's fee rises to £44m... if we got a similar bid  in structure then he'd probably get sold.

I certainly agree with the second point Babylon regarding pricing because none of the players you name have the potential of Marhez and I agree, our owners should remain firm as I believe to not do so would set a precedence for future sales and us being seen as a club who roles over and buckles under late pressure to sell too easily. 

With your first point I do see where your coming from with both Salah and their midfield, but if not tracking back to defend,  I would still expect Marhez to show a little more movement and thereby give opposition midfields and defences something more to think about. He can quite often plant himself out on the right wing (last season) just awaiting a pass and make it quite easy for the opposition to put one or more men on him. I do suppose it's possible that he's following orders in fairness in that respect but nevertheless, a player on the move causes more problems than a static one.  

14 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Hahahahaha. Other people are numpties to you but you can't even take it when someone calls you "pal."

No matter how poorly Mahrez is playing, he can still change the game, out of nothing, in an instant. Not sure we have anyone else who can do that.

That would be fine, but he didnt get enough goals and assists last season to say that those instances excuse everything.  Ability isnt as important as application. However, i agree with those that dont want to blame him due to the rest of the team not being attack minded enough around him maybe, no overlapping full back etc...

34 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

You're right, you're no pal of mine, you're my b1tch.

38 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Like I said, educate yourself.

etewt.PNG

Had Ranieri been sacked earlier and Mahrez was able to play his own way under Shakespeare, his mind on wanting to leave could've been altered.

Genuinely believe Ranieri had a big impact on the way Mahrez in particular wanted to do in terms of the team's style of play that would've suited him better.

Shakespeare does seem to care more towards Mahrez and support him.

Archived