Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

4,694 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

So why hasn’t anyone taken a gamble yet? I’ve said it before, one is 24 and one is 27 and both play in Micky mouse leagues.... scouts will watch these guys every game of ever week.... why has no one taken a punt yet?

I hear their names mentioned on here all the time but I can’t remember a prem team being linked to them!

Ziyech has a pretty healthy career trajectory right now, if he had another good season this year with Ajax then he'll probably be off to a tidy Bundesliga or Premier League club next summer. 

24 is a good age to be where he is, he's progressed well. If a club like us wants to sign him, now is exactly the time. He's the same age Kante was when we took a punt. We were the right club at the right time for Ngolo, if we waited another year we'd have lost him. 

I'm not saying we're after Ziyech or that he'd even come here (he's probably better served doing another year in the CL with Ajax if they beat Nice) but I don't see it as a criticism of him that there aren't floods of rumours around him yet. 

If they don't beat Nice, wouldn't surprise me if he makes a late move. 

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ziyech has a pretty healthy career trajectory right now, if he had another good season this year with Ajax then he'll probably be off to a tidy Bundesliga or Premier League club next summer. 

24 is a good age to be where he is, he's progressed well. If a club like us wants to sign him, now is exactly the time. He's the same age Kante was when we took a punt. We were the right club at the right time for Ngolo, if we waited another year we'd have lost him. 

I'm not saying we're after Ziyech or that he'd even come here (he's probably better served doing another year in the CL with Ajax if they beat Nice) but I don't see it as a criticism of him that there aren't floods of rumours around him yet. 

If they don't beat Nice, wouldn't surprise me if he makes a late move. 

Ahh some actual info on him... what a blessing lol 

Fair enough, i've seen bits of him and he looks a talent, like you say only one season at Ajax at a good level and with the added Champions League challenge so another would do him good if they Quali.

The reason teams are unwilling to hit the £50m valuation for RM has nothing to do with his ability. 

The reason that clubs aren't willing to pay that is because, not only does he apear to have a questionable temperament after spitting out his dummy and downing tools last year but the fact he's publicly announced he's unhappy and wants to leave. Teams are far more likely to pay a higher fee for a player they believe is happy at a club who don't want to sell. 

Fact is, teams are banking on us not wanting to be stuck with an unhappy, moody player. 

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The reason teams are unwilling to hit the £50m valuation for RM has nothing to do with his ability. 

The reason that clubs aren't willing to pay that is because, not only does he apear to have a questionable temperament after spitting out his dummy and downing tools last year but the fact he's publicly announced he's unhappy and wants to leave. Teams are far more likely to pay a higher fee for a player they believe is happy at a club who don't want to sell. 

Fact is, teams are banking on us not wanting to be stuck with an unhappy, moody player

Yes, that's what it comes down to. However, Top's comments the other day imply that the club has not decided it wants rid of Mahrez but instead very much wants to keep him. If the club genuinely does not want to sell, there's no pressure for it to reduce the price. Why reduce the price of something you don't want to sell anyway?

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes, that's what it comes down to. However, Top's comments the other day imply that the club has not decided it wants rid of Mahrez but instead very much wants to keep him. If the club genuinely does not want to sell, there's no pressure for it to reduce the price. Why reduce the price of something you don't want to sell anyway?

I'm sure the club do want to keepisode him, as do the fans but even if the were desperate to sell, coming out and saying so is hardly going to get the maximum amount out of buying clubs. He kind of had to say that regardless of what he was thinking.

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Fact is, teams are banking on us not wanting to be stuck with an unhappy, moody player. 

Well Siggy and van Dijk throwing far bigger tantrums than Riyad this summer haven't succeeded in lowering their asking price at all..

8 minutes ago, brucey said:

Well Siggy and van Dijk throwing far bigger tantrums than Riyad this summer haven't succeeded in lowering their asking price at all..

Has Siggy even made a statement about wanting out of Swansea? Genuine question as I've heard nothing at all from him

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Your acid tongue reminds me of Rita Skeeter.  I cant continue this anyway, as you have caused me to weep.  Good day to you sir

Rita Skeeter - does he play for OHL?

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Has Siggy even made a statement about wanting out of Swansea? Genuine question as I've heard nothing at all from him

As far as I know he initially said he was happy to stay at Swansea, then refused to go on preseason once his head was turned. Don't think there's been a statement from him, but there's been one from Swansea about his 'unfit psychological state'.

Edited by brucey

if we lost Mahrez i honestly dont think wed get in the top 10.

His Creativity ..Dribbles ,Assists and goals are key moments in all a our games and without that we are no different to other teams. He is so important for us.

Edited by les-tah

16 minutes ago, les-tah said:

if we lost Mahrez i honestly dont think wed get in the top 10.

His Creativity ..Dribbles ,Assists and goals are key moments in all a our games and without that we are no different to other teams. He is so important for us.

Really ? In all our games ? It can't be the same player I saw last season who just couldn't be bothered then ?  even when the team picked it's self up under shakey he was still a passenger and should have been dropped.  Short memory some people.

Just now, Bunyip said:

Really ? In all our games ? It can't be the same player I saw last season who just couldn't be bothered then ?  even when the team picked it's self up under shakey he was still a passenger and should have been dropped.  Short memory some people.

:rolleyes:

Newsflash... the team was shite last year... the tactics destroyed us

Simpson was the only player to come out of the first 3/4qtrs of a season with any credit

"Should have been dropped"? Really? :unsure:

And who to replace him & improve the team?

Talk about short term memory indeed...

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

No pal, you're the numpty with the short memory.

Go back and watch the games from last season, Mahrez still applied himself when he needed to and picked balls out for other players and began attacks in our own half. Was he at his best compared to the seaosn before? No.

Was he effective last season, despite having the attention of three defenders? Yes.

Educate yourself before making ridiculous comments. That goes for all the Mahrez haters on here.

14 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

No pal, you're the numpty with the short memory.

Go back and watch the games from last season, Mahrez still applied himself when he needed to and picked balls out for other players and began attacks in our own half. Was he at his best compared to the seaosn before? No.

Was he effective last season, despite having the attention of three defenders? Yes.

Educate yourself before making ridiculous comments. That goes for all the Mahrez haters on here.

Not sure if he was that effective BB ...   and the issue over having 3 defenders shouldn't have been an issue cus if he passed the ball quickly those 3 defenders would have been taken out of the game ...   when they realised that and stopped doubling/trebling up he could then have tried a bit of football wizardry.   I still think there was a lot more to it than that and a lot of the problems were in his head .....        I'm not a hater by the way and hope he stays.

The problem for Riyad as that teams keep doubling up on him, he thinks he'll have more space in a better side. I think we need to make improvements to give Riyad more space, I think this has been highlighted as a problem with our RB being to defensive and not getting up to support and overlap Riyad, we'd also need a more mobile CD to cover RB position on a quick break by the opposition 

I don't think we have enough money for Mahrez. We're certainly trying. But he'll end up either staying or leaving for Arsenal or another club which can spend more than us.