Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Not sure if he was that effective BB ...   and the issue over having 3 defenders shouldn't have been an issue cus if he passed the ball quickly those 3 defenders would have been taken out of the game ...   when they realised that and stopped doubling/trebling up he could then have tried a bit of football wizardry.   I still think there was a lot more to it than that and a lot of the problems were in his head .....        I'm not a hater by the way and hope he stays.

I think you are onto something with this part of your post.  He does tend to be a bit of a ball hog, and earlier release (oo-er) would help him and the team.  He did that a lot more in 2015/16. I watched a lot of the highlights from this last season recently (I think someone posted a RM video earlier in this thread) and the number of times I shouted "pass it" to a highlights reel was quite something.  I do tend to get over excited at times.

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

Hahahahaha. Other people are numpties to you but you can't even take it when someone calls you "pal."

No matter how poorly Mahrez is playing, he can still change the game, out of nothing, in an instant. Not sure we have anyone else who can do that.

Absolutely agree with this line @The_77 - he is a genius who we are lucky to have in our team.  I equate him to James Harden for the Rockets: an absolute genius on the ball but could become so much more effective if he dished it off a bit more - then he'd be almost Jordanesque (not that I am biased! LOL)

2 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Absolutely agree with this line @The_77 - he is a genius who we are lucky to have in our team.  I equate him to James Harden for the Rockets: an absolute genius on the ball but could become so much more effective if he dished it off a bit more - then he'd be almost Jordanesque (not that I am biased! LOL)

Low key I'm kinda mad they got Paul to play PG, liked the rockets a lot more when harden was the PG and was surrounded by shooters.still, ain't no one getting over the dubs.

Imagine klay with harden, klay will be guarding the other teams best guard while harden puts in the work.

Its kinda funny when they didn't give him the MVP because steph had more wins but give it to Russ because he had the better numbers. But you know, it "muh triples-doubles"

James would've averaged a triple double if he choose to hunt for rebounds so I can only imagine how salty you are now lol

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Low key I'm kinda mad they got Paul to play PG, liked the rockets a lot more when harden was the PG and was surrounded by shooters.still, ain't no one getting over the dubs.

Imagine klay with harden, klay will be guarding the other teams best guard while harden puts in the work.

Its kinda funny when they didn't give him the MVP because steph had more wins but give it to Russ because he had the better numbers. But you know, it "muh triples-doubles"

James would've averaged a triple double if he choose to hunt for rebounds so I can only imagine how salty you are now lol

If we sign Melo as well, it's going to be exciting. We're really making a push to challenge GS this year. Should be fun but I think you still have the best team in the league. 

Er... Mahrez! 

Actually just read another article stating we had reduced our price for Mahrez to £40m. 

Have no clue why we would do that though since we don't want him to leave. Worries me now that maybe something has changed to make us think otherwise. 

1 hour ago, the fox said:

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

If we sign Melo as well, it's going to be exciting. We're really making a push to challenge GS this year. Should be fun but I think you still have the best team in the league. 

Er... Mahrez! 

This is a much better thread.

7 hours ago, brucey said:

Well Siggy and van Dijk throwing far bigger tantrums than Riyad this summer haven't succeeded in lowering their asking price at all..

They both had good years last year, Mahrez didn't.  To be fair, Siggy has been quiet, I think saying that he "Refused" to go with the rest of the team is jumping to conclusions. He didn't go, for what reason, we do not know 

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

They both had good years last year, Mahrez didn't.  To be fair, Siggy has been quiet, I think saying that he "Refused" to go with the rest of the team is jumping to conclusions. He didn't go, for what reason, we do not know 

We do know the reason.

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Actually just read another article stating we had reduced our price for Mahrez to £40m. 

Have no clue why we would do that though since we don't want him to leave. Worries me now that maybe something has changed to make us think otherwise. 

The owners said last week that we had never even set a price for him, and that they won't be setting one, because we want to keep him. I'd trust them over some random article

1 minute ago, brucey said:

The owners said last week that we had never even set a price for him, and that they won't be setting one, because we want to keep him. I'd trust them over some random article

Very good point.  I really need to stop believing too much into what I read. But when you hear it from 2 separate sources. It does make you wonder. 

Id be very disappointed to see mahrez leave even for £40m. Especially after seeing him play in the 2 games of pre-season so far.

Just think its a given he is going now. Hope it's to Roma and not arsenal. (Or any other PL club) but especially arsenal or spurs. Not sure which team I dislike most.  

Hopefully the owners hold their nerve and stand firm as £50m should be the minimum.

They don't need the money, replacements would be impossible to find and the fees being paid for less quality than Riyad shows he is worth more.

Chelsea would never sell Hazard for less than £60-£70m and he performs a role for Chelski which Riyad does for us. I am not suggesting Riyad is Hazard but he is our equivalent and worth at least £50m and is under contract so we get value or teams can trot on would be my position!!

Hope KI comes in very soon. I am clinging to the hope that if Mahrez can establish a good instinctive on-field rapport with him, and find this adds an extra dimension to his own effectiveness, then he might be persuaded of our ambition and the ability of the team to progress, and, who knows, be happy to stay with us.

Him staying very much depends on the club's ambitions for next season.

Are the club looking to make it into the top 3, 4, 6?

Win some domestic trophy?

Maybe he thinks the loss of such a player in Kante and inconsistent players like Amartey, Musa, Okazaki, Slimani and Gray in particular - is making him feel the club probably won't be able to win something next season (especially after the Champions League exit).

Hard to tell what he really wants imo.

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Him staying very much depends on the club's ambitions for next season.

Funnily enough the club's ambitions for next season depends very much on whether he stays.

Several players, particularly Vardy have alluded to this - that our target final position will be set dependent on what squad we end up with.

7 hours ago, les-tah said:

if we lost Mahrez i honestly dont think wed get in the top 10.

His Creativity ..Dribbles ,Assists and goals are key moments in all a our games and without that we are no different to other teams. He is so important for us.

We haven't made the top 10 in 2 of the 3 seasons he's played for us in the Premier League. 

10 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

We haven't made the top 10 in 2 of the 3 seasons he's played for us in the Premier League. 

We'd never have won the league without him (or Kanté or Vardy for that matter). Credit where it's due.

Archived