Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

Leicester hold firm on £50m price tag for wantaway star Riyad Mahrez as Roma fall well short with £30m offer

• Roma propose an improved offer for Riyad Mahrez worth £30m plus add-ons
  • But Leicester are holding firm on their original asking price for the Algerian star

Roma have proposed a revised bid for Riyad Mahrez but are still falling short of Leicester City's £50million valuation.

The Italians contacted Leicester over the weekend and discussed a £30million offer plus add-ons and believe Mahrez is ready to join them. Sporting director Monchi is holding further talks with club chairman James Pallotta in Boston this week.

However, Leicester are holding out for more, particularly in light of the inflated prices being paid in this summer's window.

Arsenal and Liverpool asked to be kept informed of developments over Mahrez.

They want to finalise a £25million deal for Kelechi Iheanacho from Manchester City and have bid for £50m-rated Swansea City midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson but know the loss of Mahrez would be sorely felt.

Manager Craig Shakespeare is willing to sanction the sales of Islam Slimani, Ahmed Musa and Nampalys Mendy but so far bids from interested clubs have fallen short of the club's valuations.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

£50mill for a player who scored 9 goals last season. 

It could be zero for all I care, for the disrespectful offers that came for him, the club should just say "any offers for under £35M will be considered disrespect to the club and it will be seen as low balling so the club wishes to not deal with said club regarding the player no matter what the next offer gonna be"

That would send a clear message to anyone undervaluing players because they play for "little ol' Leicester"

I think we are going to see a bidding war for Riyad in the last week or two of the transfer window, considering Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal are keeping tabs. That's just from this league.

The clubs know they can wait because he is getting fit with us anyway and we aren't entertaining discussions for derisory offers.

We would prefer to wait because we can keep the cost down on our potential targets.

It also benefits us in that we are less likely to be low balled on our other players we might want to sell.

6 hours ago, the fox said:

It could be zero for all I care, for the disrespectful offers that came for him, the club should just say "any offers for under £35M will be considered disrespect to the club and it will be seen as low balling so the club wishes to not deal with said club regarding the player no matter what the next offer gonna be"

That would send a clear message to anyone undervaluing players because they play for "little ol' Leicester"

They don't need to, they can just reject them. Saying that would show our valuation is around £35m. 

13 hours ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Like I said, educate yourself.

etewt.PNG

Right oh " Pal " Am I supposed to be impressed with this? It bears no relation to what I saw on the pitch, and really it's laughable  ( Big chances missed and big chances created )  lol who made this up an eleven-year-old? What about penalties missed and running into dead ends?

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Right oh " Pal " Am I supposed to be impressed with this? It bears no relation to what I saw on the pitch, and really it's laughable  ( Big chances missed and big chances created )  lol who made this up an eleven-year-old? What about penalties missed and running into dead ends?

Do you even like football?

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

This is action from last season, he really wasn't as bad as you are making out. If he was that bad, then surely Demarai Gray would have taken his place.

However, the fact is that Ranieri AND Shakespeare still picked him.

7 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

I think we are going to see a bidding war for Riyad in the last week or two of the transfer window, considering Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal are keeping tabs. That's just from this league.

The clubs know they can wait because he is getting fit with us anyway and we aren't entertaining discussions for derisory offers.

We would prefer to wait because we can keep the cost down on our potential targets.

It also benefits us in that we are less likely to be low balled on our other players we might want to sell.

Have you forgotten that Top has set a deadline of 11th August for Mahrez leaving Leicester?

19 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

This is action from last season, he really wasn't as bad as you are making out. If he was that bad, then surely Demarai Gray would have taken his place.

Yes he was poor, hence why we are have had no offers for a bloke that won the pofy the season before 

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Yes he was poor, hence why we are have had no offers for a bloke that won the pofy the season before 

Seriously watch that video. It's footage from the season just gone. So many times he put Vardy and Slimani into good chances and they couldn't finish. So many times he beat one or two players and and was faced with 2 more because we didn't commit players forward.

He may have not had his best season, but he was still our best attacker who wasn't really helped by the rest of the shite around him.

7 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Seriously watch that video. It's footage from the season just gone. So many times he put Vardy and Slimani into good chances and they couldn't finish. So many times he beat one or two players and and was faced with 2 more because we didn't commit players forward.

He may have not had his best season, but he was still our best attacker who wasn't really helped by the rest of the shite around him.

Everyone can look good in a highlight reel video lasting minutes, but how many mins did he play last season?? 3000?? Like I say there is a reason no one has come in for a player that was voted the best in the league the previous season.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Everyone can look good in a highlight reel video lasting minutes, but how many mins did he play last season?? 3000?? Like I say there is a reason no one has come in for a player that was voted the best in the league the previous season.

Nobody came in for Hazard last summer either. Anyway both Arsenal and Roma have bid for him you prat.

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

So what you see with your eye should be believe over facts? This is from the Premier League website.

Running into dead ends? Who else in that team is even running with the ball?

You epitomise all that is wrong with our fanbase. Listen on the radio from now on pal. (you probably already do)

8 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Arsenal havnt come in for him and the chairmen said there was no offer so get your facts right nob head.

Hmmmm ok so Roma haven't bid at all? They've bid twice and both have been rejected. Shakespeare admitted there'd been a bid and it wasn't satisfactory. Top said there was no serious bid from Roma because it was so low, that doesn't mean there wasn't a bid. Arsenal have as well, trust me. Hopefully he stays here though, the most gifted player we're likely to ever see in a Leicester shirt.

58 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

If he was that bad, then surely Demarai Gray would have taken his place.

Can see you are all getting a bit polarised now but just out of interest doesn't anyone else think that they may have persisted in picking him to keep him sweet and not ask to move ...     Didn't work though and p1ssed Gray off a bit ...

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Can see you are all getting a bit polarised now but just out of interest doesn't anyone else think that they may have persisted in picking him to keep him sweet and not ask to move ...     Didn't work though and p1ssed Gray off a bit ...

I think the reality of it probably is, a half arsed Mahrez is still more of a threat than Gray.

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

£50mill for a player who scored 9 goals last season. 

11 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

Scored 10. 

Same as £50m man Raheem Sterling. 

Sorry, I meant to post that in the Sigurdsson thread lol 

Just now, Countryfox said:

There aren't many teams that drop their best player who's suffering from a loass of form. They might do it the odd time in a hope to kick start their season but ultimately the very best players get chance after chance. Vardy wasn't dropped either and his form was arguably way worse than Mahrez's for a large part of last season. The thing with Vardy was it was purely confidence and the team around him just failing to get the ball in the right areas and Vardy just froze for months. Mahrez it is different, he's always the focal point of our play, there are many reasons I'm sure for his poor season but no manager in their right mind is going to leave their best player out even if it's farcical to keep an underperforming player in the team. But that's football.

5 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

They were all shit.

But in a bowl full of sinking turds, Riyad was the floater.

Yes they weren't playing too well but we sorted that and sacked the Don ....      I think there were a few floaters but I don't particularly think Riyad was one of them ...

Archived