Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

5 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I'd love him to stay but wouldn't begrudge him moving, he's earned it. We also have a number of players lining up to replace him: 

Gray, Barnes, Lawrence, Kaputzka.

What a time to be a Leicester fan

Those players are light years behind Mahrez in terms of ability. 

Just hope for two things:

1- he doesn't have some kind of a gentlemen's agreement to let him leave after this season

2- the club actually have a talk with him to find the best way to use 100% of his talent (whatever adjustment needed)

24 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Those players are light years behind Mahrez in terms of ability. 

I agree but I reckon he'll want to leave this season and can't see us keeping a player if he wants to a CL club. I'd rather keep him though if he's happy to stay but can't see it myself. 

Compared to the years of Josh Low on the wing.......

Think about being him for a minute...

He's the best bringer-down of a ball I've ever seen. He' is such a natural with a ball. If I had half his talent at that age , I would want to take it as far as I could. To play in a side with 11 players of similar talent would be my dream and goal. He's probably set-up for life financially too.

At the start of the season, most of us were happy for him to give us one more season with the Champions League coming up. he's done that, and he's been with us for a while now...he's shown loyalty.....more loyalty than Kante I guess? He deserves to give it his best shot as a gifted talent, and we are not entitled to stop him pursuing his dream, but at the same time, we deserve to be rewarded for his development and the time and opportunity we've given him, so... FFS, don't sell him cheaply...let Gray flourish, and spend the money wisely. Will hurt when he leaves...if he does?

18 hours ago, Thracian said:

He was "great" last season and nowhere near "great" this season. Still a contributor, no question,  but disappointing just as often and for lengthy periods of time. 

I can't guess the reasons for that but there might well be some. But, again, like Gray, I think he has enough flaws to go with his strengths to be replaceable if the right offer came along.

He's not that strong, he's a bit of a liability when we've lost the ball and is so one footed any reasonably swift defender should be able to rattle his cage before he gets chance to escape so long as they maintain their concentration and, again, like Gray, I've seen quite a few wingers who've impressed me more.

Fit, happy and fully focused on being here, no I wouldn't want to sell him. But anything less and I'd take the money and go again with whatever potential fast/ruthless replacements we've surely had adequate time to research.

A reasonable and reasoned assessment here. I can't quite believe some of the complete garbage about Mahrez. written in here. I've seen a lot of players for Leicester over the years and I find it hard to think of one who has ever been a more natural ball player or indeed more skilful than Mahrez.

This season he's not been that great but when he does positive  things they tend to be of the highest class. Even yesterday in a poor game most of the high quality moments came from him. I think Ranirei must take some of the blame for this season's decline. Last season when at our best we disrupted play higher up the pitch and so the phase of play now referred to as the transistion took place in  a more forward and dangerous area for our opponents. We moved the ball more quickly. This meant Mahrez was released further up the pitch and often in an isolated postion in terms of opposition defenders. Ranieri's terrible efforts to change the way we play negated just about all of this and almost immediately cancelled out much of Mahrez's threat. He found himself deeper and often surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders who had the time to regroup by the time Mahrez received the ball.

We have no other player in the side who can create something from nothing like he can. I know people won't agree but to me he can't be replaced. There is no one in the squad anywhere near his gifted ability.

I'm sure he will go and we will hopefully get a decent fee but to replace someone like him would mean getting in a player probably way out of our reach for there aren't that many of them out there with as much skill and creativity and goal scoring potential. it is players such as him that transform sides like ours from clodhopping lower middle table merchants into the Champions we were last season (we would not have won it without him) or even into a  top 6/7 team.

I'm puzzled by those happy to see Mahrez go, he is a one-off creative player that can turn a game in an instant.  I would have loved to see the Prem winning team with Kante go to Europe .  On a good day that team could have beaten Barca. The beginning of the season there was a Kante shaped hole.  Ranieri got desperate and started tinkering, which led to bad morale and results.  None of the players except for Schmeichel, including the back 4 and Vardy were up to speed. Ndidi and going back to basics seems to have solved the problem. We are on Top 4 form since Shakey took over.  And prob only lost to Atletico due to unfair penalty.(without it, they would have had to attack more in the second leg and open themselves up for counters)  So I'd love this team to see how far we can go next season. Mahrez to me is irreplaceable. - to watch his silky moves and dancing round defenders is a joy to watch.....with Mahrez we could be challenging for Europe next season, without him, looking at midtable mediocrity or worse...

I'd rather have him stay, he can be frustrating but I'd rather have him here than not.

If he was to leave though, at least we got a good three and a half seasons out of a player who could easily fit into a best ever Leicester XI thus far :)

You pay top dollar for players who can do things others can't. That simple.

1. Because this wins games.

2. So that the fans feel they are watching something that is rare and can't be found easily elsewhere.

Mahrez ticks these boxes perfectly. Like anyone at the top of their sport they make it look easy. An alien coming down and watching that Ronnie O'Sullivan lightening 147 would probably feel he/she/asexual would probably think they could pick up a cue and do the same. 

Mahrez is simply magic. He does things sometimes that are unworldly but it seems effortless. His defensive game has improved and he also takes 2 players out of the game now freeing up space for others. He's a lovely man and we should be honoured we have him gracing the KP turf.

I really do hope he turns into another "Mr Leicester" type character like Walsh and Izzett who had to be peeled away from the club. 

Probably would never have won the league without this man, however this season he hasn't been great but the same could be said for most of the team.

Never get this he don't track back stuff you see it game in game out, people must be ****in blinded by the flair.

Clearly wants to be somewhere else next season so get the most we can and let him go if that what he wants, no point having a sulker at the club for another year.

33 minutes ago, hackneyfoxx said:

From Shakey results we would be third in the league - keep that up and we will be back in Europe - strong end to the season and that may swing Kasper, Mahrez, Ndidi and Vardy - I hope

Apart from taking over a club you know well is different to having a whole summer of building and starting a new season.

Could see him in the Arsenal side to be honest. I think he would suit their style of play. Obviously want him to stay, but if they offered 30m plus I would listen, same for any team if they offered a good price.

28 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Could see him in the Arsenal side to be honest. I think he would suit their style of play. Obviously want him to stay, but if they offered 30m plus I would listen, same for any team if they offered a good price.

Thought he wanted champions league football? & is he gonna go there not knowing whether Wenger will be their..

32 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Thought he wanted champions league football? & is he gonna go there not knowing whether Wenger will be their..

Money talks unfortunately. Hopefully we can keep him and like you said, the likes of Arsenal isn't attractive to him.

53 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He's already on £100k, can't see Arsenal paying him much more 

You would be surprised. They offered Vardy an apparent 120k. I think if they offered the same he would be interested for sure.

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Yeah, on a 3 year contract. We offered £100k on a 4 year deal.. 

Well we will see. Personally I hope he stays for a long time, but just frustration and body language suggests his agent will be working hard for his sale.

On 2017-5-6 at 11:42, Foxesmints said:

You should just be grateful that you had the pleasure of seeing him in a Leicester shirt. The most naturally gifted player I have seen play for us in the 52 years I have been supporting.

Agreed for the last season. But this season ? average  at best.

Wasn't it the OM president who slated us during the Kante transfer? 

Payet only went back there to get out of West Ham and because there wasn't the interest from any big clubs who was willing to pay his wages and the transfer fee demanded by West Ham. So can't see Mahrez being too bothered about the link. 

Dont understand why people say we will never get champions league again, we will never put ourselves in such a position of being top seed again but can see us getting champions league again within the next few seasons (will be a much harder group) 

Archived