Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd be very surprised if they can scrape together the combined transfer fee and wages to make him and LCFC take them seriously. Also there's the factor that it's arguably a less prestigious league. 

All in all, bin. 

They have have spent £42 million this year but Riyad wouldn't leave for them. I reckon it's Barca/Real or nothing for Riyad.

Sad that he never recaptured his form from last season, but this year's Mahrez will be no big loss.

We won't be selling him on the cheap anyway, so he'd better hope that his poor performances haven't decreased his value too much in the eyes of his potential next club.

43 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Swap for Fabregas/Willian or no deal with Chelsea.

If he goes to Spurs I'll cry.

Am I completely mental for thinking we could tempt a player like Fabregas? He has played for three massive clubs and other than Arsenal he hasn't been the star of the show in any of them. I don't think he would go to another Premier League team, Would he go back to Spain after leaving Barca? And unless no he goes to Juve he surely isn't heading to Italy so I think maybe (probably not but you can dream) he may fancy going to a lesser team and being the star. 

If Riyad goes there is £100k per week off the wage bill and with the money we have made this past 18 months we could be in a position to have a real go next year.

*Awaits the men in white coats*

Best hope our post-Walsh recruitment team is still up to scratch then. We'll need to replace him with a left winger (so that Albrighton can play on the right :blush:). I'm still not convinced Gray is that replacement.

He can go for 35m+ if we can't convince him to stay. Would really like us not to sell to English clubs unless an absolutely outrageous amount is offered. 

If Watford and Burnley could resist us offering silly money for their players when we were champions then surely we can show a bit of resistance ffs. That said given last summer I won't hold my breath.

10 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Am I completely mental for thinking we could tempt a player like Fabregas? He has played for three massive clubs and other than Arsenal he hasn't been the star of the show in any of them. I don't think he would go to another Premier League team, Would he go back to Spain after leaving Barca? And unless no he goes to Juve he surely isn't heading to Italy so I think maybe (probably not but you can dream) he may fancy going to a lesser team and being the star. 

12 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Swap for Fabregas/Willian or no deal with Chelsea.

If he goes to Spurs I'll cry.

If Riyad goes there is £100k per week off the wage bill and with the money we have made this past 18 months we could be in a position to have a real go next year.

*Awaits the men in white coats*

They defo won't come here without CL football so yes you are a bit mad!

Just take the money and invest 

2 minutes ago, WardyisPukka said:

They defo won't come here without CL football so yes you are a bit mad!

Just take the money and invest 

I agree but I do think Fabregas will drop down a level rather than bench warm at Chelsea.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I agree but I do think Fabregas will drop down a level rather than bench warm at Chelsea.

He will be playing Champions League football next season for sure. He's a brilliant footballer.

Just now, AKCJ said:

He will be playing Champions League football next season for sure. He's a brilliant footballer.

I think the reason I posted this was I saw him

linked with inter Milan and we would be able to pay more and offer a better level of football.

Imagine if we could tempt him though.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I think it will be the other way round, he's been left out a lot this season, but I think he will play in the league more next year due to the CL.

But if it helps I got him to Leicester for 24 million and 160k a week...... on FIFA.:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

I think it will be the other way round, he's been left out a lot this season, but I think he will play in the league more next year due to the CL.

But if it helps I got him to Leicester for 24 million and 160k a week...... on FIFA.:ph34r:

There you go then, it's happening.

I'd have been gutted to see Mahrez go last season but this season not so much and if we can get £40m for him that's decent business.

Brilliant as he is at his best we've not seen enough of that this season and defensively he's poor. There's a school of thought that we may have seen the best of him and if we can get the sort of transfer fee that he was being quoted at last season then maybe sell whilst his stock is still high.

I'd be happy to see Gray being given more of an opportunity and he may suit our style a bit more with his pace.

As mentioned before, his attitude when he was substituted off on Saturday (just walked passed Shakespeare shaking his head) could be an indication that he's not at his happiest at the club.

Archived