Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

I for one would be gutted if Riyad leaves, but I do feel there is a strong element of reality in the rumours and it seems totally logical that a gentleman's agreement was put in place when the new contract was signed last summer. The one thing I will say though is that if he is on a £100k p/w deal with another four years left to run, it puts us in a very strong position to command a big fee.

48 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

As mentioned before, his attitude when he was substituted off on Saturday (just walked passed Shakespeare shaking his head) could be an indication that he's not at his happiest at the club.

That's his own fault/problem. He's had ample opportunity to work himself back into form, and he's not looked fussed. Done himself no favours in terms of engineering a move.

15 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

That's his own fault/problem. He's had ample opportunity to work himself back into form, and he's not looked fussed. Done himself no favours in terms of engineering a move.

It seems like he made it clear last year that he would leave after this season. It seems like they kept him for the champions league and promised him he could leave afterwards. It was a win/win for the club and Riyad. 

It's the best for all parties if he left, because 100k/week isn't peanuts for a mid table team. Instead of wasting the champions league share and title winning prize, the club should invest for the long term rather than blowing it off on player salaries

I wouldn't be against trying to bring Knockaert back in as a realistic replacement.

But he's not even half a Mahrez really. If we're willing to pay 40 million for a replacement winger I have faith our scouting team will find someone.

Winning the lottery with another 350k Mahrez isn't going to happen ever again sadly, in my view :(

4 minutes ago, maddog said:

I wouldn't be against trying to bring Knockaert back in as a realistic replacement.

But he's not even half a Mahrez really. If we're willing to pay 40 million for a replacement winger I have faith our scouting team will find someone.

Winning the lottery with another 350k Mahrez isn't going to happen ever again sadly, in my view :(

Best thing we could do is buy Steve Walsh back lol

9 minutes ago, maddog said:

Knockaert? To replace one of the best players ever to have worn our shirt?

Are you an ostrich?

22 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Would be class for Chelsea instead of pedro imo.

This wouldn't surprise me one bit - I believe they could carry both riyad and hazard with their formation and he would be very happy to be re linking up with NG.

the papers aren't making this up - it either means riyad's people are trying to get his deal up to vardy's level or he really wants to leave. What surprises me is the need for it to be in the public domain. If we said he would be allowed to leave this summer then it just happens with his agents trawling him around interested parties. So why the publicity ?? Perhaps something isn't going to plan in all of this. Perhaps the owners are asking him to give it another year to try and get back into the CL. His body language in respect of being subbed each of the last two games has been poor. 

Oh, I love AK but he just doesn't have the pace needed to make a difference. 

Just now, the fox said:

Oh pls, anyone but spurs?.  

But i can understand why they could go for him, him, Ali and Eriksen behind Kane can win them the league.

Just debated this with my Spurs man here and he insists riyad wouldn't be first choice there. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Just debated this with my Spurs man here and he insists riyad wouldn't be first choice there. 

???, an on form mahrez is atleast a top 10 in the league, and I think poch learned his lessen. He can't just keep going with work horses, he needs a game changer. And i actually think this season did mahrez some good, his defensive awareness is a lot better today.

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

???, an on form mahrez is atleast a top 10 in the league, and I think poch learned his lessen. He can't just keep going with work horses, he needs a game changer. And i actually think this season did mahrez some good, his defensive awareness is a lot better today.

Predicted that Mahrez would fade away this season with donkeys around him (expect Vardy)...Ndidi is a revelation of the leicester season.

The boy needs to play with better players in his actual club or elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, AlgerianFox said:

Predicted that Mahrez would fade away this season with donkeys around him (expect Vardy)...Ndidi is a revelation of the leicester season.

You mean practically the same "donkeys" he's grown accustomed to in the past three years and the ones that won the Premier League title alongside Mahrez?

1 hour ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Here's the question, who do we bring in to replace him? 

I think we have an ample replacement in Gray, and showing him faith at this stage will help keep him at the club. Lawrence has also done well at Ipswich and looks ready for the step up to Premiership level now.  Recruitment for next season needs to focus on getting defensive cover IMHO

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You mean practically the same "donkeys" he's grown accustomed to in the past three years and the ones that won the Premier League title alongside Mahrez?

Practically yes and statistically three players won the title last year.

One of them is gone and is about to win it again and the two remaining have been looking like orphans all season.

43 minutes ago, AlgerianFox said:

No point insulting the rest of the team when Mahrez has been worse than the majority of them.

16 minutes ago, AlgerianFox said:

Practically yes and statistically three players won the title last year.

One of them is gone and is about to win it again and the two remaining have been looking like orphans all season.

Thanks for downplaying the rest of the team's contribuitions. We wouldn't have won the title without the team effort and all players chipping in - Huth's header away at Spurs, for instance.

Again, stats geek in stats geek shocker. What's with Algerians and numbers games??

47 minutes ago, AlgerianFox said:

At least we will be free of this type of shite from his native fan boys once he goes.

Image result for every cloud has a silver lining

1 hour ago, maddog said:

To me, that's an unrealistic replacement.... Not expecting someone as good as him but at least someone who can hold their own in the prem....

£35m at least and we shouldn't even consider selling him to a rival. I know it's not always possible but if I were representing the club and he was definitely off then I'd be doing everything possible to make sure he goes abroad. Selling him to another English club when there's no clause would be a very bad move.

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

£35m at least and we shouldn't even consider selling him to a rival. I know it's not always possible but if I were representing the club and he was definitely off then I'd be doing everything possible to make sure he goes abroad. Selling him to another English club when there's no clause would be a very bad move.

Watford rejected £30m for Troy deeney last summer, £35m? More like £45m. 

Up to £40-55m million would be about right, based on overall.

But, based on this season's with on-off performances, would agree with £30m-£40m imo.

Can see a price-war happening with him this Summer.

Archived