Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Speed Awareness Course

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Nabbed doing 84 in a 70 (M5 motorway near Bristol, late on a Friday night), applied for the speed awareness course, waiting to hear back. I hope it's a valuable experience.

Whatever you do don't arrive late - did mine in November and they wouldn't let anyone in after 9:00. One unfortunate tried to get in at 9:15 and was politely told to bugger off !!!

Guest seanfox778
28 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Whatever you do don't arrive late - did mine in November and they wouldn't let anyone in after 9:00. One unfortunate tried to get in at 9:15 and was politely told to bugger off !!!

If they were allowed to speed, they could've been there on time. It's just like that Alanis Morissette song.

I genuinely believe that yes, there are some crazy drivers out there, but getting caught speeding is pretty much luck of the draw. 

No one is telling me that they are driving along a country road, meant to be at 50 mph and not, every so often, sneaking up to 60? Then it's luck of the drawer if you get caught by a mobile speed camera etc.

People will do 35 in a 30 limit, often not realising it.

One thing I do these days is on roads where the speed limit is clear, I set the cruise control to that limit, thereby knowing I won't go over it.

I believe speed awareness is important. I also believe a lot of it is being lucky on any given day.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I genuinely believe that yes, there are some crazy drivers out there, but getting caught speeding is pretty much luck of the draw. 

No one is telling me that they are driving along a country road, meant to be at 50 mph and not, every so often, sneaking up to 60? Then it's luck of the drawer if you get caught by a mobile speed camera etc.

People will do 35 in a 30 limit, often not realising it.

One thing I do these days is on roads where the speed limit is clear, I set the cruise control to that limit, thereby knowing I won't go over it.

I believe speed awareness is important. I also believe a lot of it is being lucky on any given day.

All of those situations are driver error

Archived