Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Differences in opinions !

Why do the Moderators remove posts just because they don't agree with the post,I thought this site was about giving an opinion to share with other Leicester City fans ?

Isnt this a site were we can air our moans groans and comments and why is it so policed that if a moderator disagrees or doesn't like the post it's quickly deleted ??

This site is for opinions of fans whether some people agree with your posts or not it's for opinions of fans freedom of speech and all that so how about stop acting like the posting police and allow fans their comments and Opinions !!

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Why do the Moderators remove posts just because they don't agree with the post,I thought this site was about giving an opinion to share with other Leicester City fans ?

Isnt this asitebwjere we can air our moans groans and comments and why is it so policed that if a moderator disagrees or doesn't like the post it's quickly deleted ??

This site is for opinions of fans whether some people agree with your posts or not it's for opinions of fans freedom of speech and all that so how about stop acting like the posting police and allow fans their comments and Opinions !!

They don't remove posts because they don't personally agree with it. If posts vanish it's because they a) are in the wrong place b) abusive c) fueling long standing arguments d) likely to cause an argument that descends into b) and c).

It's frustrating as hell if you spend half an hour formulating a well thought out reply only to see it binned. At times like that I'd like to punch a moderator, but I get that it's not done for no reason 99% of the time.

14 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Isnt this asitebwjere we can air our moans groans and comments and why is it so policed that if a moderator disagrees or doesn't like the post it's quickly deleted ??

Stop being an idiot, please!

As a person who was in the wrong end of situations like this I can say, I sometimes understood why they did it. 

They know that some posters here are too sensitive and hold grudges and they don't want any bad blood between the members.

I don't blame them, I blame the overly sensitive posters that think you are challenging their stature and attacking them personally just because you don't back down.

They go through a lot of comments and the last thing they need is drama so they end things before they start.

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They don't remove posts because they don't personally agree with it. If posts vanish it's because they a) are in the wrong place b) abusive c) fueling long standing arguments d) likely to cause an argument that descends into b) and c).

It's frustrating as hell if you spend half an hour formulating a well thought out reply only to see it binned. At times like that I'd like to punch a moderator, but I get that it's not done for no reason 99% of the time.

Eh?!

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

As a person who was in the wrong end of situations like this I can say, I sometimes understood why they did it. 

They know that some posters here are too sensitive and hold grudges and they don't want any bad blood between the members.

I don't blame them, I blame the overly sensitive posters that think you are challenging their stature and attacking them personally just because you don't back down.

They go through a lot of comments and the last thing they need is drama so they end things before they start.

No drama at all I just don't have time to trawl through loads of posts to find out it's already been done,a simple this has already been done pal rather than delete with no reason!

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Eh?!

It can take that long if there is a lot of fact checking and stats used. I posted one to the Slimani fan boys that I'd spent ages doing comparing stats on him and Ulloa and it got binned after about 5 seconds.

53 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

They really don't.

If they feel its unjust, they might remove it. If they feel its overly aggressive/ rude, they might remove it, if they feel it's starting an argument they might remove it or if they feel its in the wrong thread, they might remove it.

Personally if you feel so hard done by i would suggest you cancel your subscription and asking for your money back....

45 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

No drama at all I just don't have time to trawl through loads of posts to find out it's already been done,a simple this has already been done pal rather than delete with no reason!

You don't have to trawl through loads of posts just use the search facility it's not as if a thread on Albrighton would be difficult to search for.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

These aren't really good enough reasons to delete a post.

The reason arguments are caused, rather than debates, is generally because one person is a) abusive to another poster for no reason (which would be deleted anyway) or b) because someone comes out with something idiotic which has no supporting evidence. If anything that's the person that should be deleted, not the person who made the sensible, original post about the subject. Case and point the other week I had perfectly reasonable, non-abusive posts deleted about our kit history even though they were backed up with facts later on in the thread, whereas as somebody else's view, which was completely baseless, was allowed to stay.

Besides it's not the moderators job to form some sort of online utopia with no arguments, it's their job to keep it 'clean' and legal, that's it.

Surely the only reason people come on here is to make a point about something they feel strongly about, which is often, in fact most of the time, going to lead to arguments. Nobody needs to make a point about something everyone agrees with or something they're happy about. Why would you bother saying that? 

If you don't want to be argued with don't post your opinions for the whole world to see. The point of freedom of speech is to challenge viewpoints so that the world doesn't go down the toilet. I don't know why society can't man up and accept they will be argued with, aggressively sometimes, if they say something controversial, incorrect or debateable on various scales. Not that you have to read the replies anyway, you can go and do something else.

Deleting stuff for the reasons in bold is of no benefit to humanity at all.

From previous debates on this.

This is a privately owned site freedom of speech  is therefore not a right anything posted is at the permission of the owner and can be removed for any reason that the owner believes will be in the best interest of the forum.

As I stated this is a privately owned forum so freedom of speech is not a right. There may have been nothing offensive in your post but the owner has the right to determine what does and what doesn't enhance/improve the forum and judging by its popularity they must be doing something right. So if they think continual negative postings don't add anything good to the forum then they have the right to do what they want with it.

It's a cliché but if you don't like how it's run then I suggest you go and start up your own then you can post what you like.

25 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Besides it's not the moderators job to form some sort of online utopia with no arguments, it's their job to keep it 'clean' and legal, that's it.

The moderators job is to follow the lead of the person who owns the site. If he doesn't want page after page of bickering then that's his choice.

Mahrez is the best player you lot ...     err sorry, I mean us lot ...    has ever seen in a Leicester shirt so fook off the lot of you ! ....     and Slimani is good too !! ...   OK !!!!

Sorry am I on the wrong thread ?? ....   :rolleyes:   

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Sure this won't go down well at all with some, but I can't stand Marmite.:revenge:

Seeded bread ...    toasted then heavily buttered, with a sliver of Marmite all over ....    and a steaming mug of coffee ..   Great breakfast !!        You are missing out Wymes ! ...    :)

Archived