Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Premier League club in spending lots of money shocker. Where in that article is there any kind of solid evidence that we are after either of them? Absolute non story on the names mentioned.

What evidence do you expect? Since when has Percy ever provided evidence, but he's been right a lot more than he's been wrong.

It would be a great signing but why is it some major coup? The likes of Utd City Chelsea etc won't want him so if he wants to stay in the prem it'll be between Everton, Leicester, West Ham, Soton etc. Why can't we sign him ahead of them? We have the money (well everyone does these days guess) we are high profile, great owners, a good side. With Lukaku and maybe Barkley leaving Everton this summer I hope players think twice about going there because no matter who they replace them with they won't be the same unit they were this year. Think we've got every chance of signing players like Gylfi

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not sure why people think Sigurdsson is unobtainable tbh. We're exactly the caliber of club he'll go to.

I hope so - I guess the thinking is the Toffees and Spurs and Liverpools of the world might be considered big enough to pip up to this signing but I would hope we could put a competitive package together...... I just want summer signings that improve the squad rather than utility fillers....

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Yes please 

Go for Deeney while we're at it - he's unsettled at Watford so may finally be our chance.

I'm not keen on Deeney anymore. All I see from Watford fans is that he is fat and doesn't try as much anymore. 

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

The thing is i trust Skahey more to get the right players in more than i ever did with Ranieri.

Perhaps - but that's a gut feeling as we have no evidence of him getting his targets yet or if he'll have a hand in negotiations rather than player identification solely... He may face the same problems CR did... I'm hoping it's the owners who have learnt a lesson more than anything else. CR basically said he identified the type of player he wanted and the club went out and tried to get them... unsuccessfully and finally he stepped in and bought what he knew would help (players he was familiar with) when the big targets didn't materialise.

Archived