Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

They are out there. Wouldn't it be great to get paid to find these guys. Money for old rope. The amount of people out there, that have played champ manager, and in reality, it actually ain't that different. No excuses for not having good recruitment at your club. If it's one thing we've shown in recent times, it's the worth of having a great recruiting team. Need to go again and push on.

Yes, it would. I actually did quite a bit of it before with a good degree of success. That's why I like to think I know what I'm talking about.

A good scout is priceless just like a good Manager.

Just look at how much money Walsh has made for the Club. He should never have been allowed to leave. the Club were foolish to appoint Rudkin over his head. Then Ranieri wouldn't go along with some of Walshe's recommendations.  He rightly felt undervalued.

Sadly I'm old enough to remember the great Liverpool teams of the 60,70,80s. They had a Chief Scout called Geoff Twentyman a former Liverpool player.

He scouted all the greats from that period and was at the Club until Dalglish sacked him in the 90s. Look how little Liverpool managed to win since then. Very little.

These type of people are priceless and when you get a good one you make sure to keep them happy. We know from last years debacle who was right and who was wrong. I only hope we've learned something from it.

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Fee of 25 million apparently agreed with Everton - player though wants 120k a week lol

hes not coming here.....

Just rumours. Swansea have already released a statement saying no fee has been agreed and that they are not selling him. Only way he's going is if he hands in transfer request

6 minutes ago, s11nny said:

Just rumours. Swansea have already released a statement saying no fee has been agreed and that they are not selling him. Only way he's going is if he hands in transfer request

Which of course will happen if a big club approaches his agent.

As much as I'd love to see him here, this will never happen in our current situation.

We have nothing more to offer him than what Swansea can...they are already talking about offering him another new deal when he has 3 years left on his current one.

He'll be at a club playing European football next season or Swansea.

• 2 weeks later...

Leicester City make enquiry for Swansea star Gylfi Sigurdsson with club set to fight Everton for signature

• Leicester City have made an approach to sign Swansea star Gylfi Sigurdsson 
  • Sigurdsson scored ten goals last season to help Swansea stay in the top flight 
  • 27-year-old is open to a new challenge and is rated at £30million by his club 
  • Leicester may lose Riyad Mahrez this summer and have targeted a replacement

Leicester City have made an enquiry for £30million-rated Swansea midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson.

The Iceland international is wanted by Everton also as manager Ronald Koeman looks to add more goals from his midfield.

The 27-year-old scored ten goals last season to help Swansea stay in the top flight but is open to a new challenge. 

Swansea value Sigurdsson highly but Leicester know they will need to an extra attacking threat should they lose Riyad Mahrez.

The Algerian has expressed a desire to leave and will be sold to the highest bidder.

Everton are interested as director of football Steve Walsh knows him well but the 26-year-old is holding out for Arsenal or Chelsea to make a move. Monaco and Paris St Germain have also shown early interest.

Everton have also expressed interest in Gent goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic as they consider options with Sunderland demanding £30m for Jordan Pickford.

Yes!

If true...Daily Mail innit.

7 minutes ago, katieakita said:

So where would Steve Walsh know him from because if he does so does Shakey.

Think they're referring to Riyad.

No disrespect to Everton they're consistantly above us (Barr last year, obviously, but generally they are), but if Riyad went there i'd be abit annoyed, they're not in Europe (Champions League) every year. That is not happening, laughable they've even made a link about it.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Think they're referring to Riyad.

No disrespect to Everton they're consistantly above us, but if Riyad went there i'd be abit annoyed, they're not in Europe (Champions League) every year. That is not happening.

Thought Everton qualified once for the qualifying rounds and lost, we can only go on the last 3 seasons where they have managed 2 mid tables and a 7th place and look to be losing all their goals as well a good club but personally think with our owners we can better them moving on

Archived