Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Yes please 

Go for Deeney while we're at it - he's unsettled at Watford so may finally be our chance.

Just now, lgfualol said:

I'm not keen on Deeney anymore. All I see from Watford fans is that he is fat and doesn't try as much anymore. 

Nah dont see how he would benefit us anymore.

6 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I hope so - I guess the thinking is the Toffees and Spurs and Liverpools of the world might be considered big enough to pip up to this signing but I would hope we could put a competitive package together...... I just want summer signings that improve the squad rather than utility fillers....

That's always the key, sign players better than what you have. the only caveat to that is young players with potential or cheap/free squad fillers.

Last seasons signings couldn't have been much worse.

Slimani, Musa and Mendy were expensive signings who aren't first XI.

Zieler and Hernandez can be justified as they were both cheap and came as squad fillers. Both have looked sub standard but at least we made a profit on Hernandez and would probably get our money back on Zieler.

Kaputska has not lived up to expectations but he is young and clearly talented and we will probably at least get our money back if he doesn't blossom here.

Just now, Gerard said:

That's always the key, sign players better than what you have. the only caveat to that is young players with potential or cheap/free squad fillers.

Last seasons signings couldn't have been much worse.

Slimani, Musa and Mendy were expensive signings who aren't first XI.

Zieler and Hernandez can be justified as they were both cheap and came as squad fillers. Both have looked sub standard but at least we made a profit on Hernandez and would probably get our money back on Zieler.

Kaputska has not lived up to expectations but he is young and clearly talented and we will probably at least get our money back if he doesn't blossom here.

True - I'm still (without wishing to turn this into a Slim thread) thinking the jury is out on Slim - I think he's a 15-20 goals a season Prem striker but not yet in our team and style of play. I also don't buy all the sick note label rubbish - he wants to play and has had a frustrating first season - the only thing I really don't like about him is his wearing of gloves when its 12 degrees and dry out on the pitch!

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I imagine we'd be prepared to pay gifi 100k a week - I'm not sure any of the 7-12th placed clubs would.

Agree.. plus he wont go to a top 6 club (as the table stands atm) i feel its us or Everton.

And he is worth 100k.

2 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I imagine it will come down to whether Everton or us have the deeper pockets and which club of course Sigurdsson fancies most.

I would say Everton and possibly West Ham will be the competition for Sigurdsson.

Everton are probably in the box seat but if we can convince him we're realistically challenging for Champions League then that might change. After all we did win the Premier League last season and have had Champions League form since Ranieri so it doesn't sound complete lunacy. I guess if we keep our main players and have other ambitious transfer targets then we're worth considering.

9 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I imagine it will come down to whether Everton or us have the deeper pockets and which club of course Sigurdsson fancies most.

I think it isn't just about money with Sigurdsson. If it was he'd have left Swansea long ago. I think at this stage of his career, its about going to ambitious club & winning silverware.

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

I think it isn't just about money with Sigurdsson. If it was he'd have left Swansea long ago. I think at this stage of his career, its about going to ambitious club & winning silverware.

Nothing says that better than a team who just won the premier league and Q/F champs league. Everton dont win stuff. ;)

NIce formation Going forward.

Vardy

Sigurdsson

Albrighton        Ndidi             Drinkwater   Mahrez
(Maturer Gray)

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Nothing says that better than a team who just won the premier league and Q/F champs league. Everton dont win stuff. ;)

Everton are getting uppity with their ambitions just like we are. They have a little more draw than us though probably to the non-biased. Hope I am proved wrong though of course.

I'm wondering where Shaky sees him fitting in? His main positions are AML and AMC.

This seems overly attacking:

Vardy

Sigurdsson Slimani Mahrez

If Mahrez leaves in the summer this would be excellent for Slimani with quality crosses:

Vardy

Sigurdsson Slimani Albrighton

Or maybe Siguardsson replaces Slimani?

18 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I imagine we'd be prepared to pay gifi 100k a week - I'm not sure any of the 7-12th placed clubs would.

Palace pay Benteke £100k a week and if they sign Sakho they will pay him  £105k a week.

Edit: Just looked it up and there also reports that Cabaye is also on £100k a week.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I'm wondering where Shaky sees him fitting in? His main positions are AML and AMC.

Vardy

If Mahrez leaves in the summer this would be excellent for Slimani with quality crosses:

Vardy

Schmeichel 

Gibson Morgan* Benalouane*

Albrighton Drinkwater* Ndidi Fuchs*

Sigurdsson

Slimani Vardy

Presuming Mahrez goes. I put a * next to those I am unsure about.

We'd score for fun though I reckon. 

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Vardy

Vardy

Think Sigurdsson replaces Slim tbh, he's better suited to our Plan A.

Really hope we keep Mahrez. Imagine how many chances Vardy will get with Mahrez, Sigurdsson, Albrighton & Drinkwater all supplying him.

8 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Schmeichel 

Gibson Morgan* Benalouane*

Albrighton Drinkwater* Ndidi Fuchs*

Sigurdsson

Slimani Vardy

Presuming Mahrez goes. I put a * next to those I am unsure about.

We'd score for fun though I reckon. 

I think 3-4-1-2 should be our plan B. No need to change our main formation, the 4-4-1-1.

I do think we'll see 3-4-1-2 more under Shakespeare though, because it's a good option to switch to if we are chasing a game.

As others have already said

everton, West Ham or us

all three would pay six figure salary 

I think he would choose Everton but only if Barclay leaves. West Ham have lanzini in that creative role. We really have no one and he would be assured of his place in the team. 

I think Barclay is leaving so that puts us in second place 

Guest CityFan 06

I mentioned previously how Shakespeare might be able to re-install that good recruitment system we became known for. I'd imagine he'd assemble a very solid, thorough set up.

This article looks promising in terms of the ambition to push on in the PL.

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

As others have already said

everton, West Ham or us

all three would pay six figure salary 

I think he would choose Everton but only if Barclay leaves. West Ham have lanzini in that creative role. We really have no one and he would be assured of his place in the team. 

I think Barclay is leaving so that puts us in second place 

I'd take RB at City....

Archived