Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

As others have already said

everton, West Ham or us

all three would pay six figure salary 

I think he would choose Everton but only if Barclay leaves. West Ham have lanzini in that creative role. We really have no one and he would be assured of his place in the team. 

I think Barclay is leaving so that puts us in second place 

Have you not seen the West Ham owners? Cutting corners& always going for the cheaper option. It will be between us and Everton. West Ham had Europa league and loaned Zaza as their main strikerlol

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Have you not seen the West Ham owners? Cutting corners& always going for the cheaper option. It will be between us and Everton. West Ham had Europa league and loaned Zaza as their main strikerlol

Who knows, but if that is the case...the combination of Vardy staying and Lukaku going (even it if only looked like that at the time of any negotiation) would be a great help

Am I the only one that spotted this in the article. ( Shakespeare was briefed on potential signings during a recruitment meeting on Thursday and offered strong opinion despite still being uncertain about his exact role beyond this campaign. )

This implies that a panel or Committee is selecting our targets as opposed to the Manager. While this approach can be successful surely the Mangers input is vital as he's the one who has to make it work. Or shouldn't it be the Manager telling the panel the players he'd like to fit his plans and meet the Team's

requirements?

Having said that Gyfi would be a good signing and i think he's like to come here over the others simply because we're more settled and clearly a Club on the up.

Everton might lose Lukaku and Barkley not to mention Koeman to Barcelona. 

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Am I the only one that spotted this in the article.Shakespeare was briefed on potential signings during a recruitment meeting on Thursday and offered strong opinion despite still being uncertain about his exact role beyond this campaign. )

This implies that a panel or Committee is selecting our targets as opposed to the Manager. While this approach can be successful surely the Mangers input is vital as he's the one who has to make it work. Or shouldn't it be the Manager telling the panel the players he'd like to fit his plans and meet the Team's

requirements?

Having said that Gyfi would be a good signing and i think he's like to come here over the others simply because we're more settled and clearly a Club on the up.

Nope....

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Perhaps - but that's a gut feeling as we have no evidence of him getting his targets yet or if he'll have a hand in negotiations rather than player identification solely... He may face the same problems CR did... I'm hoping it's the owners who have learnt a lesson more than anything else. CR basically said he identified the type of player he wanted and the club went out and tried to get them... unsuccessfully and finally he stepped in and bought what he knew would help (players he was familiar with) when the big targets didn't materialise.

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Am I the only one that spotted this in the article. ( Shakespeare was briefed on potential signings during a recruitment meeting on Thursday and offered strong opinion despite still being uncertain about his exact role beyond this campaign. )

requirements?

The trouble is is he won't have the time to sit there and study all the people we've looked at, there has to be someone there making a list of potentials, as long as shakey (if he does get the job permanently) gets the final nay or yay we should be alright. 

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

requirements?

That what the recruitment and Head of Recruitment is all about though.

With the turnover of managers in this day and age it would be pointless 1 manager choosing his own players as they are always a few losses from getting the sack then the new manager needs to start again. 

Obviously a manager needs his say but it worked well when Pearson listened to Walsh and Ranieri did for the Kante signing. 

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So if there is any truth in this is it safe to say Shakey has the job full time?

Not yet - one would assume he'll be given it on a 2 year deal but our owners will make him work for it as a couple of places upward in the league will pay the wages for that contract!

Not as keen as most people to be honest. A very good player however would he fit in the system we play? Would he do the Okazaki role and 'sacrifice' himself for the sake of the team?

4 minutes ago, Foxin hell said:

Not as keen as most people to be honest. A very good player however would he fit in the system we play? Would he do the Okazaki role and 'sacrifice' himself for the sake of the team?

Did you not watch him vs United or Everton? Ran his socks off.

1 minute ago, Foxin hell said:

Did you see him play for Iceland at the Euros? He sacrificed himself every game for his national team, e.g. when they drew with Portugal, they had 28% possession I believe. 

So hope he's (one of) our main target this summer, i've wanted him here for a few seasons now, i've said it before i'll say it again, why we didn't get him here last summer when we were at our strongest, had most to offer, is criminal.

I fear we've missed the boat now, we could attract him from Swansea without a doubt, but other clubs will be after him this summer, arugably bigger and better who will attract him more than us.

5 minutes ago, Foxin hell said:

He covers a lot of ground per game. Okazaki is great at what he does and hasn't got much to offer other than running and the odd goal every few months, as harsh as that sounds. Sigurdsson could probably do his job for a full game, keep the ball better, create more chances and score goals (especially from free-kicks). Vardy would get ten times more service.  

We should be doing everything possible to bring him here.

38 minutes ago, Foxin hell said:

He has also worked his way up from lower leagues .. so he knows how to dig deep and work.

I don't get the feeling Shaky's especially fazed about having others involved in the recruitment discussion...and nor should he be. A manager can still have authority without doing every aspect of the job by himself.

There needs to be mutual respect, no question, but there are benefits to be had from a team approach, If a man is an island he'll soon get his feet wet and with no-one to help if he's caught on the current.   

7 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I don't get the feeling Shaky's especially fazed about having others involved in the recruitment discussion...and nor should he be. A manager can still have authority without doing every aspect of the job by himself.

There needs to be mutual respect, no question, but there are benefits to be had from a team approach, If a man is an island he'll soon get his feet wet and with no-one to help if he's caught on the current.   

Long gone are the days a manager made his own signings and rightly so.

What can a manager know extensively about a 22 year old playing in France, Portugal, Belgium, etc? This is why we have a recruitment team which is the most crucial thing at the club, get the right players in and you won't go far wrong. I like the idea of a committee with strong manager input debating the targets. 

1 hour ago, Foxin hell said:

As of March 14th 2017, Sigurdsson had covered more ground (318.2km) than any other player in the premier league

Not sure whether this is still the same now but shows he would do the same job as Shinji, but also create and score goals.

Would be a great signing. Just don't think we'll be able to get him

I like Shinji and the ground he covers but what exactly is the "Okazaki role". None of the other good teams have a role where the number 10 just pushes on every opposition player.

Archived