Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

What CBs should we target this summer?

If Huth and Morgan perform as they did in our resurgence, then I still think I'd start at least one of them next season. Having said that, we are desperate for reinforcements, proven Premier League centre backs that are comfortable on the ball. 

Although he has only one season of Premier League football under his belt, I'd love to see Maguire come, he looks comfortable on the ball and has shown he can adapt to RB so gives Simpson some much needed competition. 

I though Jorgenson had a great game for Copenhagen, and is a big, imposing, physical defender that would definitely add some much needed height and aerial presence to the team.

Nastasic is another that I'd welcome to the KP. Underrated at City and released too early. He's still young, and without Schalke having CL football this season (I believe), he could be tempted if we showed the ambition.

Even though Mbodji apparently had a very good game against United, they can't score for shit this year, and he is still unproven. And we can't have another AFCON player on our books, we'll lose too many players if we're not careful. 

A dream signing would be someone like Ake, had a great season at Bournemouth but it is clearly rated at Chelsea so would need a big bid to get him in, so it is unlikely we'll get him. 

Two new CBs are probably needed, with Wasyl going, and Amartey still not convincing at CB. The two I'd go for is Maguire and Jorgenson

2 hours ago, Blodge said:

If Huth and Morgan perform as they did in our resurgence, then I still think I'd start at least one of them next season. Having said that, we are desperate for reinforcements, proven Premier League centre backs that are comfortable on the ball. 

Although he has only one season of Premier League football under his belt, I'd love to see Maguire come, he looks comfortable on the ball and has shown he can adapt to RB so gives Simpson some much needed competition. 

I though Jorgenson had a great game for Copenhagen, and is a big, imposing, physical defender that would definitely add some much needed height and aerial presence to the team.

Nastasic is another that I'd welcome to the KP. Underrated at City and released too early. He's still young, and without Schalke having CL football this season (I believe), he could be tempted if we showed the ambition.

Even though Mbodji apparently had a very good game against United, they can't score for shit this year, and he is still unproven. And we can't have another AFCON player on our books, we'll lose too many players if we're not careful. 

A dream signing would be someone like Ake, had a great season at Bournemouth but it is clearly rated at Chelsea so would need a big bid to get him in, so it is unlikely we'll get him. 

Two new CBs are probably needed, with Wasyl going, and Amartey still not convincing at CB. The two I'd go for is Maguire and Jorgenson

Seems we both think Ake would be a great signing. That's good to know

I think that Morgan and Huth are going to be increasingly unreliable due to age, wear, and injuries (hell, Morgan played almost two years round the calendar between Jamaica and Leicester).  So, any new CB will get substantial playing time, either through injury or resting the current CBs.

I would love to get Shawcross!

8 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Kara Mbodji 

You've watched a lot of him then?

It should be from:

Maguire

Gibson

Sakho

5 hours ago, lnkstern said:

I think that Morgan and Huth are going to be increasingly unreliable due to age, wear, and injuries (hell, Morgan played almost two years round the calendar between Jamaica and Leicester).  So, any new CB will get substantial playing time, either through injury or resting the current CBs.

I would love to get Shawcross!

Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope. No. Nope. No. Nope. Nope. Nope nope. No siree. Nope

22 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Hope not - we need better than Granada (or whoevers) 4th choice CB. Shawcross would be better. 

Shawcross is a shout except he turns 30 beginning of October. Wold rather we got players with more than a couple of seasons left in them.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Shawcross is a shout except he turns 30 beginning of October. Wold rather we got players with more than a couple of seasons left in them.

Yeah me too, but he's a shout if we can't get Maguire of Gibson.

Jack Charlton would be a better option than Shawcross.. No better than what we have already- IMHO.. Someone younger than can pass out instead of hoofing please.

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Oooo tough guy!

no, but saw him twice against ManU this season. Best defender on the pitch Home and away.

He's been excellent in Europe this season and last, very mobile.

Archived