Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Broken Record.

" We missed our chance last summer"

We know get over it ffs. Do we need this multiples times in every thread about every player that maybe some good.

Or because we got it wrong last summer are we supposed to just give up.

We are still a top half prem side and forget last summer we would have been higher and in Europe had it not been for piss poor tactics.

Players will see and know why we finished where we did and could have done a damn site better. We can also pay more than 90% of clubs in Europe.

Whatever people think 20k a week more appeals more than CL to most.

People seemed to think we missed the boat on signing loads of names all drawn to the champions league... we couldn't even get Troy Deeney or Michael Keane to kick up a fuss about leaving and wanting champions league football.

We were seen a blip, a freak, an aberration in football.

Perhaps Babs.

l think tomany play FM and think it's all the same. It's not like it's just the club we also need them to want to come to the UK if overseas.

The presumption we just fvcked it up or could not care is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

Perhaps Babs.

l think tomany play FM and think it's all the same. It's not like it's just the club we also need them to want to come to the UK if overseas.

The presumption we just fvcked it up or could not care is ridiculous.

But we did **** it up, we spent millions on flops and some can argue in positions we didn't necessarily need as much as others. You are however right in saying there is no point banging on about it. I just think people need to be realistic when they mention targets, if we couldn't draw them in last summer why should we expect to be able to get better players this summer. My example was Maguire when people are saying we should be doing better, but who?

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

People seemed to think we missed the boat on signing loads of names all drawn to the champions league... we couldn't even get Troy Deeney or Michael Keane to kick up a fuss about leaving and wanting champions league football.

We were seen a blip, a freak, an aberration in football.

All the more reason to build steadily and solidly in future. That's not a lack of ambition it's wanting something that is able to replicate it's standard year in, year out, and hopefully improve a little too as we go along.

It requires talent and structure all through but it is possible and we're not badly placed to prove it. We'll need to be pretty ruthless though. One year's been partly wasted. We can't afford another.     

19 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Even with their billions, it took Man City years to get credible footballers to give them the time of day.

It's a slow process.

But we are Leicester City they should be throwing themselves at us. lol 

When people bang on about last summer I don't think they were expecting big signings, just useful signings who would contribute. The fact that our first 11 is made of 9 Pearson signings & 1 Sven signing is rather alarming, two whole years after Pearson left.

You are correct though that we should move on and forget about the mistakes of last summer.

The next few windows are crucial because we hsve an aging team.

We only missed our chance if as a club we were not putting in the effort to bring in players. I don't remember everyone being unhappy when we kicked off at hull.

our mistake was not doing our business early enough. Perhaps rudders and co should not have been on the Thailand trip. Did he take a holiday when they returned? A bit like retail staff don't get holidays in December our recruitment team should not go in a transfer window.

You need to be in the top 4 season after season if you want to chuck £200 million at players and even that can backfire massively.  The £89 million spent on Pogba doesn't particularly look like money well spent at then moment and the £230 million spent by Van Gaal. 

It must have been so tough trying to find quality players who would improve the side, without being a "big time Charlie" and without upsetting the apple cart with big egos and big wages.  Then of course you have to sustain it if and when you fail to qualify for the Champions League.  It's easier for clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea etc to sustain it but lets not forget, we are still "a team in progress" and whilst we can compete with second tier of Premier league clubs financially, we are some way off the financial muscle of the top 4.

Let's not forget, we are still an exciting club for players outside the big 4 or 5 and I am confident we can bring in some decent players to help push us on.  In my view, I want to see really hard working players mixed with a bit of finesse and quality. 

23 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Even with their billions, it took Man City years to get credible footballers to give them the time of day.

It's a slow process.

They literally took a few hours to sign Robinho lol 

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He'd played 100 games for Real Madrid :unsure:

He was an inconsistent mercenary that went to a crap Man City side for the money.

He was followed by Roque Santa Cruz and Adebayor. 

My point was they didn't go straight from having money to signing Aguero, De Bruyne, Jesus and Co.

We were never going to win the league and immediately start signing the very best.

Just now, Finnegan said:

He was an inconsistent mercenary that went to a crap Man City side for the money.

He was followed by Roque Santa Cruz and Adebayor. 

My point was they didn't go straight from having money to signing Aguero, De Bruyne, Jesus and Co.

We were never going to win the league and immediately start signing the very best.

He wasn't. He was the real deal but he was injury prone.

Definitely the exception rather than the rule though.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

He was an inconsistent Prima Donna that they could barely get out of the night clubs long enough to train. Why do you think Real wanted rid?

Think you're remembering him with a tint tbh.

Because they'd just been offered 35m.

Chelsea were also after him.

lollollol yeah real Madrid, that famous selling club, never can resist a bid for one of their stars.

They got rid because they didn't want or need him.

Seriously. Google "Robinho attitude" and read every bit of news from 2007/8 - 2011 because it seems like you were either too young to realise or you've forgotten. 

He was damaged goods. They binned him off as soon as they could sign better players.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lollollol yeah real Madrid, that famous selling club, never can resist a bid for one of their stars.

They got rid because they didn't want or need him.

Seriously. Google "Robinho attitude" and read every bit of news from 2007/8 - 2011 because it seems like you were either too young to realise or you've forgotten. 

He was damaged goods. They binned him off as soon as they could sign better players.

I'm not arguing that he pissed his career up the wall at Man City. We all know that he did. He couldn't handle the money he was on.

But I am arguing that he was a credible footballer when Man City bought him.

35m was only 10m short of the world record at the time. Not like Madrid gave him away.

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm not arguing that he pissed his career up the wall at Man City. We all know that he did. He couldn't handle the money he was on.

But I am arguing that he was a credible footballer when Man City bought him.

35m was only 10m short of the world record at the time. Not like Madrid gave him away.

We knew they had money though, money wasn't the problem.

Convincing players to go there that weren't purely money driven party animals was.

Which took time.

... Are you just arguing for the sakes of not wanting to admit you were wrong here or do you really believe what you're saying?

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We knew they had money though, money wasn't the problem.

Convincing players to go there that weren't purely money driven party animals was.

Which took time.

... Are you just arguing for the sakes of not wanting to admit you were wrong here or do you really believe what you're saying?

Robinho was a great player. He pissed his chance up the wall. 

Real Madrid don't give 135 appearances to a forward that isn't credible. Surely you're not denying that?

I agree with you that it took years before Man City were able to regularly attract talent but I just found your first post funny considering they bought a credible footballer on their first day lol 

This thread title is quite apt. I think i'll leave it there.

Archived