Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Broken Record.

I didn't think we'd sign ibrahimovic and the likes last summer but I thought there'd be quality players from the top 6 European sides looking to join us, I thought there'd definitely be a transformation to the squad, decent upgrades that would cement us as a top 6 side. Was a big learning curve and now realise it's probably impossible for us to be a regular top 6 side whilst the media talk us down and the 'big clubs' picking off our talent.

On 21/05/2017 at 00:46, splinterdream said:

I didn't think we'd sign ibrahimovic and the likes last summer but I thought there'd be quality players from the top 6 European sides looking to join us, I thought there'd definitely be a transformation to the squad, decent upgrades that would cement us as a top 6 side. Was a big learning curve and now realise it's probably impossible for us to be a regular top 6 side whilst the media talk us down and the 'big clubs' picking off our talent.

For Leicester to become a top 6 club consistently challenging for CL we'd have to do a Man City and get extremely rich owners to consistently spend whatever it takes. Gradually our stock with players would improve until it isn't so hard to recruit.

The chances of that happening are negligible. Our owners are rich but not in the same league as Man City, Chelsea, etc. They appear to be happy to have made an initial investment but for the club to then pretty much pay for itself.

Archived