Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxaholic

When was a bigger home defeat handed out.

Having watched since late 50s cant recall a bigger one. I can recall  5 goal defeats by Bolton  under Taylor and  a 5 goal defeat by WBA  in Bloomfields last game the 2 worst . Surprisingly the other 3 I can recall werent that bad a performance  Arsenal under Ranieri Man u under Oneil  and years ago under Gillies a  5 goal  defeat to Man u  whose goalie had a blinder and Leicester were clapped off . Note I  am referring to  home league games as we lost to Leeds by 6 in the league cup. For Chiwell to say that probablly the highest  home league defeat in 50 years is a blip  is  remarkable but  I suppose put down to youth

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Leicester 0 Villa 5.

January 2004.

Goals by Crouch, Dion Dublin, and Darius Vassel.

I remember after the third and hearing the other two go in as we wandered to the pub... miserable.

I seem to remember two 6-0 thrashings on the bounce when I was a kid (so a long time ago).  I think one was v Sheff. Weds but memory could be playing tricks with me.  I think Leeds beat us 6-0 at home in 2001 but that was league cup.

9 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

At least Spurs are a good team! Losing like that to Villa, Bolton or West Brom is embarassing though

I know what you're saying but losing like that to anyone is embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We lost 6-0 to Leeds in the League Cup at Filbert Street. Garry Parker's one and only game in charge.

I was there in the KOP that night. Shoot me down in flames but was that the night Kalac made his debut? or is my memory finally ailing?

31 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I was there in the KOP that night. Shoot me down in flames but was that the night Kalac made his debut? or is my memory finally ailing?

Fraid your memory is struggling Col - Kalac made his debut about 5 years before that! 

The Leeds game was after Taylor was sacked I think. 

2 hours ago, brisfox said:

lost to 7-1 to Sheffield Weds but that was away in about 2002

I use to travel with the Rugby supporters branch  in them days , and as a birthday treat to my brother I paid for his ticket and bus fare, the first time I paid we lost 7-1 in the cup I believe against Sheffield Wednesday, the following year we got Man Utd , also as a birthday treat  and we lost 5-1 , I told my brother after blaming him,  that he can do one ? 

3 hours ago, brisfox said:

lost to 7-1 to Sheffield Weds but that was away in about 2002

That was about 92. We lost 6-1 at Ipswich in 2002.

Archived