Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxaholic

When was a bigger home defeat handed out.

The Bolton home defeat which was the last game at Filbert Street for me was 10 times worse for the opposition and what the result and performance represented.

45 minutes into the season and we were already relegated.

9 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Leicester 0 Villa 5.

January 2004.

Goals by Crouch, Dion Dublin, and Darius Vassel.

was that the game where it was 0-0 at half time then they scored 5 in about 15 minutes and that bloke ran onto the pitch and ian walker did him in?

Similar results in the PL.

Man Utd 1-6 Man City 

West Ham 0-5 Arsenal

Villa 0-6 Liverpooll 

Spurs have dished out couple of 4-0 home defeats to Stoke. 

11 hours ago, rico said:

We also lost 7-1 to Newcastle ,94 i think?

But a morale victory with a 1-1 draw in the second half. 

Had to put up with Lindisfarne playing behind us pre kick off. St James Park was just about to be redeveloped. 

Remrmber Sheffield Wednesday away as well.

14 hours ago, Col city fan said:

And some people say this was a meaningless result!! The last time we got a 1-6 scoreline was over a century ago....

lol

But it is meaningless, just as one of our biggest away wins was in the season we were relegated to League One under Holloway. 

6-1 is an embarrassment at any level but in the context it really doesn't matter should we apply ourselves tomorrow and get a win and a performance. So many wet fannies.

7 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

was that the game where it was 0-0 at half time then they scored 5 in about 15 minutes and that bloke ran onto the pitch and ian walker did him in?

ian walker.jpg

I can remember Everton beating us 7-1 at Goodison in 1968, Joe Royle with a hat trick, somehow Spurs beating us 6-1 seems much worse.....do I need to see a therapist regarding my hatred of Spurs, or is it a natural feeling?

14 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I can remember Everton beating us 7-1 at Goodison in 1968, Joe Royle with a hat trick, somehow Spurs beating us 6-1 seems much worse.....do I need to see a therapist regarding my hatred of Spurs, or is it a natural feeling?

At least Spurs are a good team. Losing 0-5 at home to mediocre sides like Bolton and Villa was much worse IMO.

Many other teams have taken thrashings from this Spurs side. It's their best team since Hoddle, Ardiles etc so we gotta respect that.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Similar results in the PL.

Man Utd 1-6 Man City 

West Ham 0-5 Arsenal

Villa 0-6 Liverpooll 

Spurs have dished out couple of 4-0 home defeats to Stoke. 

I can remember Spurs losing at home to Manchester City 1-5 twice and also they got battered by Liverpool about 0-5 I think Suarez scored a hat trick.

Nowadays Spurs seem to score a lot away. Pretty sure they scored 4 (or more) away at Stoke, Southampton and Bournemouth this season?

31 minutes ago, Koke said:

At least Spurs are a good team. Losing 0-5 at home to mediocre sides like Bolton and Villa was much worse IMO.

A particularly bad day for me as my Villa supporting Son in Law and grand son were visiting us that weekend :o

34 minutes ago, Koke said:

Many other teams have taken thrashings from this Spurs side. It's their best team since Hoddle, Ardiles etc so we gotta respect that.

Respecting Spurs is too much to ask...just ask sylofox lol

56 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I can remember Spurs losing at home to Manchester City 1-5 twice and also they got battered by Liverpool about 0-5 I think Suarez scored a hat trick.

Nowadays Spurs seem to score a lot away. Pretty sure they scored 4 (or more) away at Stoke, Southampton and Bournemouth this season?

Spurs are brutal and if they smell blood they will annihilate teams. They've given Bournemouth & Stoke couple of 4-5 goal spankings away.

Forgot about the Spurs 1-5 Man City resulrs. Looked them up. One in 2011 and another in 2014. The stats for that game are almost identical to the stats on Thursday night. Conpmete domination.

Screenshot_20170520-112254.thumb.png.d6a615bcfaf1f52f92fe8bad38926ef4.png

On 05/19/2017 at 18:45, urban.spaceman said:

Fraid your memory is struggling Col - Kalac made his debut about 5 years before that! 

The Leeds game was after Taylor was sacked I think. 

Gary Parker was in charge for his one and only game. We were about as good that night as we were on Thursday.

Archived