Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Kelechi Iheanacho

27 minutes ago, Dames said:

It means that as soon as they offer the amount agreed in the buy back we cannot refuse it. Any bids below or even over the specified amount we can say no too but once they hit that agreed number thats it. 

The only way I see Man City buying him back is to sell him on for a profit. 

Why would the player agree to that ?

he would want us to sell him to the ultimate buying club and to take a chunk of the extra as a s/o fee

25 minutes ago, waylander said:

Always a pleasure to be corrected by you high peak. Do enjoy your posts to . Just felt a little cheeky for give me and my grandma . Oh s..t grammar. ??

It isn't an issue, I took your response in good humour :)

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Why would the player agree to that ?

he would want us to sell him to the ultimate buying club and to take a chunk of the extra as a s/o fee

It probably has a clause to stop this.

If his buy back is £45m but someone else wants him for £60m, he'll either go back to Man City and they would sell him on.

Look into the Morata transfer from Juve back to Real.

Or, there could be something in the contract that Man City forfeit the buyback, but take the extra profit, so in the example I just stated, we'd have to pay Man City £15m

It's all speculation at the moment and I don't know if we'll ever find out...until we sell him.

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

It probably has a clause to stop this.

If his buy back if £45m but someone else wants him for £60m, he'll either go back to Man City and they would sell him on.

Look into the Morata transfer from Juve back to Real.

Or, there could be something in the contract that Man City forfeit the buyback, but take the extra profit, so in the example I just stated, we'd have to pay Man City £15m

he was back for two years before they sold him to chelsea  - not quite the same thing!

as has been said over and over again - the power is with the player. we keep him happy and we don't get 'screwed' (assuming you see it like that). we don't keep him happy and c'est la vie

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

he was back for two years before they sold him to chelsea  - not quite the same thing!

as has been said over and over again - the power is with the player. we keep him happy and we don't get 'screwed' (assuming you see it like that). we don't keep him happy and c'est la vie

He was expected to leave immediately after going back to Real, for one reason or another, that didn't materialise. 

I seem to recall he was heavily linked with Arsenal.

Pep is quoted as saying they could buy him back in a 'few years '...

Barca/Real been doing it for years ..? 

It was a Spanish thing. As was minimum realise clauses . Difference being there release clauses are 100million + lol

English clubs always had relegation realease clauses. I see Arsenal ,are willing to sell Jack Wiltshire to the hammers but are insisting on a buy back clause. 

Welcome to modern football. 

You you will always have bigger football clubs am afraid....

Buy back clauses should be illegal, simple as.

It's a pathetic way of the big clubs protecting themselves. If they think the player is going to be good in a few years, maybe they should spend time developing them themselves rather than flogging them to a "smaller club" to do it for them.

I think the buy-back culture is, in essence, protectionism by the bigger clubs - if they cannot have a monopoly on money, then they're going to make sure they can stifle success 'lower down the food chain' by having the muscle to claw the better players back.

14 minutes ago, Adster said:

Buy back clauses should be illegal, simple as.

It's a pathetic way of the big clubs protecting themselves. If they think the player is going to good in a few years, maybe they should spend time developing them themselves rather than flogging them to a "smaller club" to do it for them.

If i were ever to sell Mrs O they would be. 

How good do people think Inheanacho is going to be for Man City to even consider buying him back? He has moved for first team football and at Leicester he's going to get that. He would seriously need to be scoring on a regular basis for Man City to even consider buying him back. They are a team who can buy any player in the world. He will need to be something special. Can't say I am too worried.

Archived