Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Kelechi Iheanacho

5 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

If I was Kelechi I would easily choose us over West Ham.

I mean what have West Ham done over it last 10 years, they rent a stadium that is clearly to big for them which lacks atmosphere.

Yes they are in London but they are nowhere near being a big club, not like the Arsenal's, Chelsea & and newly resurgent Tottenham.

We are on the up with fantastic owners, plus you have the connection of Ndidi and Musa.

I feel this deal could swing in our favour and maybe further along than we think.

Not with the odds still hovering just odds on 

11 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Buy back clauses should be outlawed by the FA and the Premier league.  There's so many things wrong with it. It's elitist to begin with. But it never allows a player to properly settle in a new Club knowing that he could be hauled back at any window. It's effectively a loan situation with an extension.  What if both us and City were challenging for the title again and he's scoring well for us. They then call him back and we have to let him go. Would that be right on any front, know it wouldn't, which is why it should be outlawed.

Totally agree. Think this is why I'm really not keen on going down this route. I think it's great news for the top 3 or 4 clubs and a really bad thing for everyone else and for football in general. 

Don't buy him if there's clauses in it. City can buy anyone in the world, there letting him go because they want to bring in someone different and he's not good enough for them. They can't sell there cake and eat it at the same. 

51 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Buy back clauses should be outlawed by the FA and the Premier league.  There's so many things wrong with it. It's elitist to begin with. But it never allows a player to properly settle in a new Club knowing that he could be hauled back at any window. It's effectively a loan situation with an extension.  What if both us and City were challenging for the title again and he's scoring well for us. They then call him back and we have to let him go. Would that be right on any front, know it wouldn't, which is why it should be outlawed.

That's why France banned them. And I think everyone else needs to follow suit.

49 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

If I was Kelechi I would easily choose us over West Ham.

I mean what have West Ham done over it last 10 years, they rent a stadium that is clearly to big for them which lacks atmosphere.

Yes they are in London but they are nowhere near being a big club, not like the Arsenal's, Chelsea & and newly resurgent Tottenham.

We are on the up with fantastic owners, plus you have the connection of Ndidi and Musa.

I feel this deal could swing in our favour and maybe further along than we think.

Im sure Musa would put in a glowing reference to Kelechi for us lol

57 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Not really interested in the buy back clause. Get the deal done. What's the worst that can happen? We only make £10m profit on him, when we sell! Who gives a fcuk

This exactly!

Difficult to not get fairly excited about this - only thing I can think of that is in the back of my mind is that our high ticket signings so far have been underwhelming by and large, but this guy has proven Prem experience and you'd think can only really get better. No real injury history, either.

Seems like we've learnt some lessons from last summer. Even if its to be believed our approach is a little more scattergun than it was with Walsh here, at least we seem to be looking at positions we need new bodies in - and ones with good records in this division at that.

56 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Absolutely Belly, which was the point I was trying to make initially. We shouldn't just accept the deal but negotiate a deal whereby (as you say) we protect our own position a bit more. A release clause that can be annulled after a period of time is a good idea.

Are we calling Belial Belly now?

6 hours ago, maddog said:

Man City have Aguero and Jesus who are both streets ahead of Nacho.

They are linked with Messi regularly and who knows what sort of money they'd be willing to spend on a top top player?

What makes you think they would buy Nacho back if they have players of the Jesus calibre at the club already and they only play 1 striker? 

That said, 10m is pathetic. 15m profit and I would take it, with the clause set at 40m, which is highly unlikely to be enacted anyway.

The only thing Jesus has ahead of Nacho is a full season of first team football. He's been playing much worse under Guardiola, even regressed, lost his self-belief (what do you expect if you score and assist vs Manchester United then get hauled off after 60 minutes and benched for over a month?). Pep's man-management with Iheanacho has been absolutely dreadful.

Iheanacho is a different type of player, but his goalscoring stats are insane. Jesus never had those kind of stats in Brazil.

I thinks you guys are massively underrating how big his potential is. He was higher rated than Rashford just a year ago, but Rashford is a starter, while Iheanacho couldn't even start games for Man City, despite scoring 4 goals and having 3 assists in 293 minutes of football by the end of October (that's a goal or assist every 42 minutes). Despite that Iheanacho failed to play a single minute of football for an entire month (November), after which suddenly he was thrown off the deep end when he became Man City's only striker. Naturally he was rusty, but still scored a goal on his first start in over a month... The one below:

And still Pep was unsatisfied and showed him no faith.

He got one more chance to prove himself - the loss vs LCFC. Pep gave him 58 minutes and its as if he was blamed for the poor showing. After that he barely saw the ball again...

Sure, he's not as dynamic as Jesus, but he's much more intelligent, has a better passing range, better vision and furthermore is a threat with a longshot (not to mention his finishing is as cool as it gets). He just needs a chance to play to his strengths and Leicester affords him that.

He's also been played out of position, being forced as a centre forward, while he's obviously best suited as a second striker or attacking midfielder.

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Totally agree. Think this is why I'm really not keen on going down this route. I think it's great news for the top 3 or 4 clubs and a really bad thing for everyone else and for football in general. 

33 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

That's why France banned them. And I think everyone else needs to follow suit.

Exactly it should be banned there's just so many things wrong with it. As you say Paddy it only favors the top clubs which means they'll continue to inflate prices for what's perceived top players. Depriving the likes of us and others the opportunity of signing them. Then if there not doing so well move them on with the option of taking them back.

How can it be right for a player to come into a squad learning all our tactics and then going back to his former Club. At the very least there should be no buy backs during the season, Only during closed season.

Another point is how would the player  be seen and treated by the other players in the Squad. Would they be treated as Yellow Packs if the're not really performing.  

There's so much wrong with it that it stinks. Football has to be bigger than that to protect it's integrity..

Archived