Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Kelechi Iheanacho

57 minutes ago, Strokes said:

No, not entirely. It sets a precedent of big clubs snaffling up all the decent young players and then even if they move them on, guaranteeing themselves a slice of the cake. This is one step closer to us not being able to compete with them. It needs to be rejected in principle.

That's for the FA to do though. If these sort of deals are going to become common practice aren't we going to be left behind even more if we reject them on principle? 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

That's for the FA to do though. If these sort of deals are going to become common practice aren't we going to be left behind even more if we reject them on principle? 

No, West Ham have rejected it. If we do the same. Who is left? Man City might have a rethink. It's not like Ihaenacho is the one and only player available. 

Its a bad deal and the FA won't regulate until the game is crippled by them, we can't wait for that.

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Very likely, a lot of players burst into the scene and make impact off the bench and then never kick on. The risk is huge with this transfer fee.

Then we shouldn't be touching him with a barge pole at this fee, irrelevant of any clauses 

if you believe he is worth the money then do it

he is already an established Nigerian international scoring 6 in 10 apps

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

No, West Ham have rejected it. If we do the same. Who is left? Man City might have a rethink. It's not like Ihaenacho is the one and only player available. 

Its a bad deal and the FA won't regulate until the game is crippled by them, we can't wait for that.

Good point. I still see it as probably the only opportunity to get these kind of players in. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Then we shouldn't be touching him with a barge pole at this fee, irrelevant of any clauses 

I do have my doubts about whether we should be touching him at this fee, regardless. But this buyback removes any of the positives, and the risks remain. So I would rather we look elsewhere.

Just now, Strokes said:

Surely a loan would be better?

I might be talking rubbish but what's the difference really? 

The only way that benefits us is if he's a dud and doesn't score many goals here so he just goes back to man city and we've saved ourselves £25m.

If he does well however then he goes back to Man City anyway but we don't get anything for 'developing' him. 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He was a massive influence on them qualifying for AFCON! 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I might be talking rubbish but what's the difference really? 

The only way that benefits us is if he's a dud and doesn't score many goals here so he just goes back to man city and we've saved ourselves £25m.

If he does well however then he goes back to Man City anyway but we don't get anything for 'developing' him. 

A loan averts the risk if he does turn out to be a flop.

£10 million with the way the pound is dropping and inflated transfers in football could well be a negative on the balance sheet.

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Can anyone ever be better than Maynard? :unsure:

it it is not possible surely?  :D

Ahh the way Maynard danced around Sean St Ledger to fire the ball into the back of the net was a joy to behold, we lost 3-1 on the night he scored a brace, he was a football genius.lol

6 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Your Rudkin jokes were funny at first. They are now boring. Please stop

Simples mate. Just skip over them. Sorry to see you are having a bad Sunday.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

He was a massive influence on them qualifying for AFCON! 

I know its a running joke, but Iheanacho's played just two qualification games - assisted a goal vs Egypt on his competitive debut and scored the winning goal on the final game vs Tanzania (Nigeria were already out by then). So he had no impact on Nigeria missing out. The moment Nigeria failed to qualify was when they drew at home to Egypt (the game Kelechi debuted in and assisted a goal) and away in Tanzania.

Why are people so wrapped up in the money side of stuff? They talk like it's their own cash they'd be spending on transfer fees.

If we rate Iheanacho so much, and Man City want to sell, then sign him.

We have pots of money so don't worry.

If there is a buy back clause then sobeit. We'd have had the best of the player  (Which is why Man City would want him back) AND we'd make a profit on the deal anyway.

To be honest, Man City by then will probably have Messi up front anyway, so I wouldn't worry. 

Been told we've had put a bid in of £27m and a buy back clause of double that which has been accepted. Well documented we didn't want one in the first place so have settled for thay buy back clause. Original buy back Man City wanted was between £30m-40m. But because the original asking price so high, we weren't going to accept that proposal. 

Apparently we offered to loan him last sunmer for a season and have first option on him this summer but that was rejected. 

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Been told we've had put a bid in of £27m and a buy back clause of double that which has been accepted. Well documented we didn't want one in the first place so have settled for thay buy back clause. Original buy back Man City wanted was between £30m-40m. But because the original asking price so high, we weren't going to accept that proposal. 

Apparently we offered to loan him last sunmer for a reason and have first option on him this summer but that was rejected. 

Great news mate :) 

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Source? Not questioning how genuine you're statement is btw just wondering, hope you are right tho ! :) 

Can't reveal that for reasons which I hope will be obvious but the same source that told me about Maguire, Vardy's new contract and Kasper signing for us. Not saying he's always 100% because it's a volatile industry especially in the transfer window! But I trust him with the info he gives me. 

Archived