Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Kelechi Iheanacho

At £20-25mil this is a bargain. He has an awful lot in his locker. Rather a £20m Iheanacho tan a £90m Pogba!

12 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Replace Gibson with Acerbi & your spot on. If we can't get Sigurdsson take a gamble on Ziyech. Whoever takes a gamble on him will be seen as geniuses without a doubt. 

I think signing Ruddy as a replacement for Zieler, signing a new right back & Adrien Silva & without a doubt we should be challenging for Europe. 

If the owners are serious about making us a regular in Europe this summer window could be vital with regards to recruitment.

My doubts with Acerbi would be that he hasn't played in the prem. Always a risk attached with signing foreign players but with Gibson we know he has already done well in the prem

18 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

My doubts with Acerbi would be that he hasn't played in the prem. Always a risk attached with signing foreign players but with Gibson we know he has already done well in the prem

Yeah, lets not go after the stand out player from a wildly over achieving side in Serie A, wanted by Lyon and Everton.

Lets splash the cash for a lad that just got relegated pitifully

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah, lets not go after the stand out player from a wildly over achieving side in Serie A, wanted by Lyon and Everton.

Lets splash the cash for a lad that just got relegated pitifully

I thought someone said he wasn't having  a very good season when we were linked with him in Jan?

11 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Watching this you notice just how unselfish he is, always looks for the better positioned player, suited to quick breaks as he has very decent pace. Could actually work with Vardy...

And has an excellent scoring record himself. Would be a really exciting signing if we could pull it off.

I like this guy, but only if we're confident of him (or any other target of ours) playing along side Vardy/Slimani. We don't want three 'strikers' or no.9s on the books. What we have up top is fine. Just need - as said many, many times before - an attacking mid, play making, hard working no.10.

21 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I like this guy, but only if we're confident of him (or any other target of ours) playing along side Vardy/Slimani. We don't want three 'strikers' or no.9s on the books. What we have up top is fine. Just need - as said many, many times before - an attacking mid, play making, hard working no.10.

What people don't realize is this guy played as a number 10 for the Nigerian national team. He wasn't converted to a Striker until he joined Man city. His best position is as a Second striker.  

I think players like Iheanacho will be heading to clubs that can offer European competition, Europa League as a minimum. To be honest, I think he's good enough to play at that level. 

We do have to be realistic this transfer window. We are not the Champions and we haven't got the lure of the Champions League. Players will see us as a mid table side with ambition of Europe at best. We missed our opportunity last summer to really kick on and stay in and around the top 6/7 and challengingfor Europe.

These sorts of players want champions league regularly and we can't offer that. But I guess sometimes money talks and that's one thing that we quite clearly have. 

Would I say no to him coming, he'll no o think he's quite a talent. Do I think he'll come? Unfortunately, not.

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Surprised City are willing to let him go! thought he was being primed to be their next big thing?

Signing Gabriel Jesus probably put a stop to that

21 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I think we need to move away from AFCON players. We stand to lose half a dozen players to the tournament in 19 already

How many will still be here then though? I can see Musa Slimani and mahrez all potentially leaving this summer never mind a couple of years down the line

5 minutes ago, Lcfcrory said:

How many will still be here then though? I can see Musa Slimani and mahrez all potentially leaving this summer never mind a couple of years down the line

Good Point

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I think we need to move away from AFCON players. We stand to lose half a dozen players to the tournament in 19 already

You really think Mahrez will still be here by then? Musa too?

Archived