Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Manchester Arena blast

Been keeping an eye on this all evening, still not sure what exactly's happened, some are saying a bomb followed by some gunshots, some are saying it was a suicide bomber, some are saying the device used was a nail bomb though none of that has been confirmed yet.  Only certainty so far is the early death toll of 19 (and presumably set to rise, let's hope that's an incorrect assumption) and reports that security forces are treating the incident as terrorist in nature but no word yet on motive or perpetrator.

It's a horrible night for all involved whatever the truth is.

Just seeing on BBC now that there's a 2nd device due to be put to a controlled explosion.

Not believing that dumb twitter post is legitimate for one second.  If it is an IS-related incident which is obviously a fair first assumption with terror attacks these days we'll know soon enough no doubt.  

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Shouldnt post that shit on here, or anywhere. Thats what they want... scummy cnts.....

And yet you quoted it so we all got to have another look. :huh:   Like I say though I'm not buying that it's a legit account, just some dumb attention seeker.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Not believing that dumb twitter post is legitimate for one second.  If it is an IS-related incident which is obviously a fair first assumption with terror attacks these days we'll know soon enough no doubt.  

And yet you quoted it so we all got to have another look. :huh:   Like I say though I'm not buying that it's a legit account, just some dumb attention seeker.

It did not strike the tone of legitimate ISIS or whatever but some mentally unstable ****.

I appreciate that most people are trying to help but there's a few pics of missing teenagers doing the rounds on twitter and a lot of them are hidden behind snapchat effects or fancy dress clothing.  Nobody's going to see a girl with a dog nose and ears ffs so that's not going to help anybody, use a more sensible image that can be easily recognised if you want to help and not fish for retweets.

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I appreciate that most people are trying to help but there's a few pics of missing teenagers doing the rounds on twitter and a lot of them are hidden behind snapchat effects or fancy dress clothing.  Nobody's going to see a girl with a dog nose and ears ffs so that's not going to help anybody, use a more sensible image that can be easily recognised if you want to help and not fish for retweets.

That's a bit unfair, considering it's mostly young people sharing pictures of their equally young friends there is a chance they only have pictures of them with the filters on, you can still tell the persons general features in those photos and most have given a name as well, so it could quite easily help, I really doubt they're fishing for retweets, as I said, a bit unfair on people trying to help.

Just now, Jattdogg said:

Agreed. Although sometimes is becoming more the norm.

Oh, I hate the world a lot of the time. 

Don't want to be that way though.

As you said, people/kids going to a concert for a night out and it ends in tragedy.

Sad. 

Just now, MiniFox said:

That's a bit unfair, considering it's mostly young people sharing pictures of their equally young friends there is a chance they only have pictures of them with the filters on, you can still tell the persons general features in those photos and most have given a name as well, so it could quite easily help, I really doubt they're fishing for retweets, as I said, a bit unfair on people trying to help.

Not unfair at all.  Like I say I'm aware most people are only trying to help but there is definitely a subsection of kids seeking a few rts.  I'll put it this way - the dog eared girl has appeared in a standalone tweet with the filtered image next to alternative images of her without digital effects but in the compilation tweet I'm referring to with lots of different kids' images in it they used the one of her where you can't really see her properly.  Perhaps it's as simple as rushing the compilation out and not thinking it through properly but it's really daft and counter-intuitive and I would hope somebody would have the sense to improve the choice of images as it makes the rounds.  Anyway that's not the most important issue tonight, really doesn't merit squabbling over I just thought I'd point it out.

I'm going to bed, getting a bit tired and cranky and in the absence of any new info I think it's best to let more facts surface before making further comment on this topic.  Thoughts with everybody lost and scared in Manchester and of course with the families of the deceased, I imagine many still don't even know whether they've lost a family member or not yet which is a feeling I can't even begin to fathom.

surely thousands of people would have been filming the concert, right when the attack occurred.

thought there'd be a couple videos circulating on social media by now, to give us a better insight into what happened.

Just now, foxes21 said:

surely thousands of people would have been filming the concert, right when the attack occurred.

thought there'd be a couple videos circulating on social media by now, to give us a better insight into what happened.

It's being widely reported that the explosion was outside one of the exits.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Not unfair at all.  Like I say I'm aware most people are only trying to help but there is definitely a subsection of kids seeking a few rts.  I'll put it this way - the dog eared girl has appeared in a standalone tweet with the filtered image next to alternative images of her without digital effects but in the compilation tweet I'm referring to with lots of different kids' images in it they used the one of her where you can't really see her properly.  Perhaps it's as simple as rushing the compilation out and not thinking it through properly but it's really daft and counter-intuitive and I would hope somebody would have the sense to improve the choice of images as it makes the rounds.  Anyway that's not the most important issue tonight, really doesn't merit squabbling over I just thought I'd point it out.

I have seen a few claiming someone is missing only for it to turn out to be a minor celebrity (i.e Youtuber), so I see your point about kids seeking rt's. For those that are genuine their choice of photo may not have been ideal, in the moment you can see why someone would make that kind of mistake, but as you say it doesn't merit squabbling over.

I just hope people can reunite as quick as possible, there must be some very frightened teenagers and some very worried parents out there. Absolutely horrible what has happened, it takes a disgusting bastard to do this. It's somewhat uplifting at the response of people as individuals and as a collective though.

This attack concerns me far more than the Westminster Bridge attack. This has, realistically, got to have been a real failing by the security services. Obviously they do a very difficult job and a man picking up a knife from the kitchen, renting a car and driving it into people is near impossible to stop. But it is completely different to organising a nail bomb attack takes a decent amount of planning where there must be opportunities for it to be snuffed out.

4 minutes ago, KingGTF said:

I just hope people can reunite as quick as possible, there must be some very frightened teenagers and some very worried parents out there. Absolutely horrible what has happened, it takes a disgusting bastard to do this. It's somewhat uplifting at the response of people as individuals and as a collective though.

This attack concerns me far more than the Westminster Bridge attack. This has, realistically, got to have been a real failing by the security services. Obviously they do a very difficult job and a man picking up a knife from the kitchen, renting a car and driving it into people is near impossible to stop. But it is completely different to organising a nail bomb attack takes a decent amount of planning where there must be opportunities for it to be snuffed out.

No one has confirmed if it's a nail bombing or what.

We are awaiting a fresh update from Greater Manchester police. In the meantime, here is what has been verified:

• At least 19 people have been killed and around 5o injured after an explosion at Manchester Arena at the end of a concert by Ariana Grande.
  • The blast was reported to have taken place outside the arena, in the public foyer, shortly after 10.30pm.
  • Investigators say they are treating the incident as a terrorist attack “until police know otherwise”.
  • No identities of those killed or injured have been confirmed.
  • A large area around the arena has been cordoned off. Victoria station has been closed and train services cancelled.
  • A controlled explosion carried out by police in nearby Cathedral gardens turned out not to be suspicious.
  • Prime minister Theresa May said:

We are working to establish the full details of what is being treated by the police as an appalling terrorist attack.

All our thoughts are with the victims and the families of those who have been affected.

• Party leaders Jeremy Corbyn and Tim Farron also expressed condolences. Campaigning for June’s general election has been suspended.

Archived