Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Mathieu Debuchy

https://le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-om-debuchy-piste-par-lom-et-leicester-312999

OM did not let go the track leading to Mathieu Debuchy. But the former champion of England would have recently arrived in the race.

Matched by Arsenal , who no longer counts on him, Mathieu Debuchy will probably leave the London club on the occasion of the summer transfer. According to our information, Olympique de Marseille , which took position some time ago, is still on the rows. The OM did not abandon the file and the contact is regularly maintained with the Debuchy clan .

Debuchy leans towards Leicester?

However, the Marseille executives have to face new competition in recent times. Indeed, Leicester recently approached the right rear tricolor. For the time being, it seems that Debuchy has two options. According to some indiscretions, it seems that the player leans slightly towards Leicester. But nothing would be definitely played out. 

Hard to have an opinion on Debuchy as I haven't seen him in action for so long!! Was a great player when playing for arsenal though, but I would imagine he's no where near the player he was so not overally convinced tbh.

He's also 31 years of age. We should be looking for a young talented right back, Just like what we have in Chilwell who will be ready to take over from Fuchs in the next few years.

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Does Simpson need replacing?

He's out most consistent defender.

This guy isn't needed.

I don't think it's a replacement, it's more a back up.

We have seen how bad Amartey is playing that position. 

We cannot afford to go into a season with just one out and out right back.

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

This guy isn't needed.

We do need a back up atleast.

What about Pascanu or Johnson from the u23's.. Wishful thinking but could one of them be ready to make the step up like Chilwell?

41 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Would be a really solid signing, quality right back who can attack and defend.

37 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Good god no

Got got to Love Foxestalk! lol

17 minutes ago, Tuna said:

This guy isn't needed.

Replacing or have competition? Who else is there for right back?

besides, what happens if he gets injured?

Of course we need cover and competition, I'm not making that point, but we don't need Debuchy. He's old, expensive and can only play in one position. He's not going to want to come in to play a handful of games should Simpson get injured (Who has a good fitness record) or to replace him - as I said he's one of our most consistent players and doesn't need replacing.

I'd rather we went for a young, up and coming full back who can learn from Simpson and provide cover and competition.

36 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Of course we need cover and competition, I'm not making that point, but we don't need Debuchy. He's old, expensive and can only play in one position. He's not going to want to come in to play a handful of games should Simpson get injured (Who has a good fitness record) or to replace him - as I said he's one of our most consistent players and doesn't need replacing.

I'd rather we went for a young, up and coming full back who can learn from Simpson and provide cover and competition.

Old at 31? lol

besides... can't Simpson only play in one position? 

39 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The guy was France's first choice right back until the issues with Wenger. By all means lets get a young guy for the future into the u23s but Debuchy is a really very decent player, only 31 (so a good 3 more years ahead) and there seems to be almost downside to this. 

This is smart if the attitude is ok. We need to be shrewd about expenditures, and finding older talent on the cheap to plug holes at times is a solid strategy. Balance that with younger, aggressive signings to play on the youth team or loan out, plus a couple league-ready CBs and a MF, we will look ok.

Archived