Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Mathieu Debuchy

This doesn't really strike me as the sort of signing Shakespeare would make as a manager. Not that we know yet what his sort of signing is but based on his success during his brief tenure, I'd be fully expecting him to sign hungry players who work for each other. Debuchy doesn't strike me as that sort of player. Maybe I am wrong.

Will the club continue to pursue players without a manager in place? 

9 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

This doesn't really strike me as the sort of signing Shakespeare would make as a manager.

Why?

Under Pearson we started off just buying young players but then realised some experienced heads in the squad was needed. We've already got a few old heads, but someone like him signing might mean one or two of them are going.

Plus, if the wages aren't massive someone of his quality on a free with a shortish contract isn't a huge risk.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Why?

Under Pearson we started off just buying young players but then realised some experienced heads in the squad was needed. We've already got a few old heads, but someone like him signing might mean one or two of them are going.

Plus, if the wages aren't massive someone of his quality on a free with a shortish contract isn't a huge risk.

I just said why..

10 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

I'd be fully expecting him to sign hungry players who work for each other. Debuchy doesn't strike me as that sort of player. Maybe I am wrong.

As I've said, I might be wrong. I don't have a problem with experience. In fact I am all for it in key areas. I was more questioning his attitude and desire than his age and experience.

Our 31 year old full back who plays on the left isn't too bad. I think it'd be good competition for Simpson, I do fully agree though he's our most consistent defender. If we have games where we look to utilise an attacking fullback Debuchy would offer something there.

A risk for sure with age and injuries, especially as one of his main attributes was pace iirc, but if the scouting team and fitness team say he has something to offer and worth the money then I fully endorse their opinion.

We need more competition at RB and options, Simpson can't play as a wing back if we want to play a back 3/back 5  Debuchy of a few years ago would be excellent in that position.

He's very good, or was very good. I can see the reservations given how solid Simpson is. You kind of want a similar player to Chilwell for competition for Simpson. I.e young and will bide his time and perhaps a touch more attacking. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's very good, or was very good. I can see the reservations given how solid Simpson is. You kind of want a similar player to Chilwell for competition for Simpson. I.e young and will bide his time and perhaps a touch more attacking. 

I thought this aswell. Why don't we promote Darnell Johnson from our reserves. He's quick, powerful, tall, has England youth caps, and would be willing to learn. Ideal to bed him in under Simpsons stewardship. Let him and Chillwell play in all cup games.

On 23/05/2017 at 23:08, foxes21 said:

We do need a back up atleast.

What about Pascanu or Johnson from the u23's.. Wishful thinking but could one of them be ready to make the step up like Chilwell?

I wouldn't even say either of these guys are ready to play at a good standard in the championship yet unfortunately.

On 2017-5-22 at 21:19, Costock_Fox said:

No, purely because I can't stand a season or two of "That Inamatcho lad is shit" from the utter bellend who sits behind me.

The moron calls Slimani "Pepperami" which isn't funny in the slightest and also call him Salami.

You'd love this guy, cos he'd call him Debauchery.

All kinds of lols!

Good quality, very experienced backup in a position where we need that backup.

He might not want to be a bench warmer but if he did come it would be up to him to wrestle the shirt from Danny.

If he manages it, fair play to him because Simpson is up there as one of our best performers this year.

If not, then we've got a decent attacking wing back back if Shakey wants to mix things up and move Danny into a 3 (and save Albrighton's legs), or a decent attacking full back in cup games or where rotation is needed because of an injury or fitness issue with Simpson.

If Debuchy never gets a game then sod it, at least we had the option. We had a remarkable season with injuries last season but the end of this one showed how easy it is to pick up a whole bunch of them in super quick time.

I wouldn't be averse to seeing what Johnson is like but I guess Shakey will be assessing this kind of thing all the time.

Archived