Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
norwichfox

Molla Wague, Watford on loan

Played half a game and looked a reasonable fit until his injury, should we take up the option to sign him or just return him to Udinese, We need cover for RB position, is he good enough to fill that role?

@ mods....Looked to use previous thread on Wague but it's locked as the deal was done.

2 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Played half a game and looked a reasonable fit until his injury, should we take up the option to sign him or just return him to Udinese, We need cover for RB position, is he good enough to fill that role?

@ mods....Looked to use previous thread on Wague but it's locked as the deal was done.

he's a centre-back so probably not. 

Thought he looked alright and he was promising as a youngster. I doubt we'll keep him on permanently although we did allow him to stay with us whilst injured and train until the end of the year rather than sending him back to Udinese. Could have been to have a closer look.

Also don't think you can read too much into being 4th choice at a Pozo club - could be just as much a victim of the Pozo empire than a substandard footballer.

Got the impression he was a last minute panic signing because Rudkin could not find anyone else other than Wilfred.  I think we can do better (hopefully).

As always, I'll leave this judgment to the club and the experts.

I'd question how many out and out centre backs we need for a campaign without European football, this term. 

I personally think 4 senior centre backs should be sufficient: Wes, Huth, Benny and a-another (hopefully Mbodji or Maguire or Acerbi). We can always utilise Elliott Moore, should we get the injuries we suffered this season. I would prefer this to using Fuchs, in a two, at least.

He wasn't exactly welcomed here by FT but I would like to see the loan spell extended to January, he showed in his cameo appearance against low level opposition that he can pay the ball out of defence without hoofing it, looked to have good heading ability...although it's very difficult to judge by this 1 performance and he didn't come here with glowing "internet references" and no one really knows how good/bad he really is. Was there a good reason that we didn't do what Fiorentina did with Benalouane and send him back to the Host club (maybe contractually couldn't?) and he's better than most of us perceive?

Odd signing at the time, or let's say involving a rather odd timing. Screamed of panic signing to me, saw little pitch time at Udinese going into January and given the circumstances, I'd much rather we went for somebody more suitable in that role, somebody we've scouted for a bit longer.

Also, can we get away from signing only Africans? (Insert generic AFCON joke here)

No. Get in Premier League quality. All well looking reassured against Millwall for 70 minutes but I think he would be out of his depth in the Premier League. You can see he was just a panic buy to provide cover. What we need is a new CB or two that have the capability to dislodge the Morgan and Huth partnership, not someone that will play second fiddle

48 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

If we could get him for 3 packets of crisps and a rubber band I might be tempted ....       no, hang on ...   maybe just the rubber band ...

I think it also depends on other options available . Hopefully there's more now.. but if we balls up this window like we seem quite good at doing recently then I'd rather have him than go without 

3 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Quite a few said that on the day, I must have watched a different game as I thought he looked like a fish out of water, didn't give me any confidence at all.

Archived