Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
norwichfox

Molla Wague, Watford on loan

7 minutes ago, dayday said:

Quite a few said that on the day, I must have watched a different game as I thought he looked like a fish out of water, didn't give me any confidence at all.

I feel sorry for the guy. His (panic) signing embodies the tragedy that Ranieri's second season and especially the recruiting department has become. Very unlucky.

We must get a quality CB. Someone who'll put either Huth or Morgan on the bench.

What on earth were the Champions Of England doing signing a centre half deemed not good enough by a mid table serie a side?

It beggars belief that we even signed him in the first place.

Complete desperation.

It's a no, by the way.

I subscribe to the panic loan theory on his signing. We couldn't deliver any of the other centre backs linked and desperately  needed cover.

That he got himself injured in his first game, which was only against League 1 opposition torpedoed any chance of him making an impression. Interesting he stayed with us post injury. Have we seen something in him we like? I doubt it. Maybe  that was just part of the value for money conditions we negotiated in the loan deal! 

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

My cousin @AylestoneRaider absolutely loves him can talk at length at how he is the perfect leicester signing I'm a bit more sceptical.

Ha ha - I wasn't at Millwall....but you said he was class! I'm only going on your expert analysis pal! To be fair we can talk for hours about anything to do with City!

On a serious note, we need some genuine first choice players to come in at the back. I'd like to see a really top quality and left-footed CB!

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

To think this was our only transfer of the Jan window (I think?) when we looked every bit the relegation side.

I think it showed the shambles we were in at the time.

Again, thank God the Thais acted when they did.

That doesn't mean the recruitment team are any better now. The work that Shakespeare did really papered over some cracks. This window is huge for us and if they blow it again then serious questions need to be asked.

25 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

To think this was our only transfer of the Jan window (I think?) when we looked every bit the relegation side.

Ndidi?

6 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Ndidi?

Probably the best signing we've made since The Little French Guy

The difference he made, made the difference.

I can't wait to see him next year now he know's what to expect

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Hadn't that deal been done for ages before the window opened? I think it had?

Yes I see your point but Ndidi was still a signing in the January window.

Anyway I don't think we'll be keeping Wague so we'll never really know if he would have been any good for us. Definitely seemed like a last minute panic signing though. Although we were linked with him before back in the Pearson/Walsh days.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Other than N'didi. But everything else you say is spot on. Dudkin and his recruitment buddies had lost the plot.. This coupled with CR having lost the dressing room meant we were destined to be replaced by Huddersfield.

Archived