Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Deeney

He looked a bit out of shorts when he came on against us, a fit and inform Deeney in my opinion is better than Slimani. If he could shed the pounds and get himself fit I'd swap any day of the week. Slimani doesn't suite our style of play, Deeney would.

2 hours ago, Callabinho said:

He looked a bit out of shorts when he came on against us, a fit and inform Deeney in my opinion is better than Slimani. If he could shed the pounds and get himself fit I'd swap any day of the week. Slimani doesn't suite our style of play, Deeney would.

Slimani has his downsides and you have a point concerning style but Slimani's a potential 15-20-goals a season guy who, I'm sure, could be utilised more productively.    

2 hours ago, Callabinho said:

I'm surprised the ref didn't send him off

37 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

A general consensus is no then ?

Ah, but my opinion counts for almost 200 of other peoples opinions ...   and if i say it twice, say it twice, thats nearly 400 !!

So ...    close call really    :)

18 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I frequently skip work to play golf. I like his style :thumbup:

I would rather go to work. Golf just spoils a good walk. lol 

17 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Deeney looks like he's got even bigger!

£35 million quid!

Nah...

But you would pay it for Cattermole?

17 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Musa 50 mill?

What you have Musa worth more than Cattermole? lol 

We have a few players that are good squad players, Slimani, Ulloa, Okazaki are three.  Deeney fits in the same bracket as those.  We don't need any more squad players, we need players that will improve the starting 11 thereby naturally improving the squad.  Deeney doesn't fit the bill for me and at £35m we should steer well clear.

Guest CityFan 06

He'd suit us still. He'd arguably work better in our side as an all round player, because that's more how he plays.

With Slimani, he is a real in-the-box goalscorer. He needs a team to centre on him as the main striker, but we do that with Vardy. If we did envolve the team around Slimani, he'd potentially score 10-15+ goals.

I still like Slimani though, I think he will contribute next season if he stays.

19 hours ago, Callabinho said:

Well his belly was hanging out of his shorts if that's what you mean? 

Heavy , slow and predictable 

£35m lollollol 

£10m I'd take a chance 

it's clubs behaving like this , will force UEFA and The EU to act over transfer fee's they are basically being used to restrict free movement and trade of labour 

Archived