Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

The Heat

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

No.

the U.K. In 25c is disgustingly unbearable. Lads with tops off drinking carling cold, women in silly vest tops and denim shorts with their shit tattoos on show smoking lambert and butlers taking about how they've banged Jermaine and Freddie twice in the last few days.

europe in 25c is fantastic. Proper sunshine. Proper women with proper bodies in proper bikinis.

i realise I may well offend a few with this post but this country is shit when it comes to warm weather, the three days we get we can't even do that properly

Gonna have to disagree here. The women in the UK are absolutely minging until it's baking hot, then all the fit ones come out.

Problem is, even when it's hot there's fvck all to do. No pools, no beaches, very few theme parks and little villages don't get together and partay like they do in Italy for example. You're just stuck with the bloody family and, if you're lucky, the other divs you see all the while anyway.

Wembley in August was one of those rare occassions where I actually felt like I was making the most of the sunshine.

Edited by Kitchandro

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Gonna have to disagree here. The women in the UK are absolutely minging until it's baking hot, then all the fit ones come out.

Problem is, even when it's hot there's fvck all to do. No pools, no beaches, very few theme parks and little villages don't get together and partay like they do in Italy for example. You're just stuck with the bloody family and, if you're lucky, the other divs you see all the while anyway.

Wembley in August was one of those rare occassions where I actually felt like I was making the most of the sunshine.

I get that it's a summery thing to do but I've never understood the theme park thing. 25+ and people wanna spend it queueing, **** that

• Like 3

Mixed blessing.

Ruins the golf because it brings so many occasional players out who spend ages looking for lost balls they won't find and wouldn't hit far if they did find em due to the deep undergrowth, leaving the queues to build up remorselessly.

The longer the queues the more sleepy, tired and fed up the waiting groups become, making the whole situation as frustrating as a traffic jam.

But if you play late, or do something else like picnicking, swimming and sunbathing at some favourite river pool that's a bit off the beaten track, then the water's invigorating and the sun's just great for warming you afterwards.

Even just reading in the garden, accompanied by a big jug of iced Pimms and Lemonade, is paradise if you're far enough from the sounds of constant traffic and near enough to a cool shower.  

I realise the sun doesn't suit some but I just go brown as the stain on antiqued mahogany and probably look as weathered as the real stuff as a result. But who cares given the reward of feeling so relaxed - and even more so if there's good company as a bonus.           

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I get that it's a summery thing to do but I've never understood the theme park thing. 25+ and people wanna spend it queueing, **** that

This this this this this this.

This.

I went to Drayton Manor about ten years ago on that day when it was about 37 celcius here. One of the least enjoyable days ever.

8 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Mixed blessing.

Ruins the golf because it brings so many occasional players out who spend ages looking for lost balls they won't find and wouldn't hit far if they did find em due to the deep undergrowth, leaving the queues to build up remorselessly.

The longer the queues the more sleepy, tired and fed up the waiting groups become, making the whole situation as frustrating as a traffic jam.

But if you play late, or do something else like picnicking, swimming and sunbathing at some favourite river pool that's a bit off the beaten track, then the water's invigorating and the sun's just great for warming you afterwards.

Even just reading in the garden, accompanied by a big jug of iced Pimms and Lemonade, is paradise if you're far enough from the sounds of constant traffic and near enough to a cool shower.  

I realise the sun doesn't suit some but I just go brown as the stain on antiqued mahogany and probably look as weathered as the real stuff as a result. But who cares given the reward of feeling so relaxed - and even more so if there's good company as a bonus.           

That's why I never got another invite play :P

54 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Especially the joggers down the Great Central way :worship:

18 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Mixed blessing.

This bit!

A five hour round today in the beating sun stuck behind a society, seniors roll up and a women's comp - your worst nightmare.

Waiting on every tee, no rhythm, played shite.

Still, "a bad days golf is better than a good days work" as they say!!

• Like 1

I'd like to know where those who 'can't deal with the heat at work' work, probably in an office, with the heating on.

I work in between a workshop/outside an it's beautiful, however whenever going in the office/working in an office it's like being in a sauna, winter or summer, no wonder you're always ill/have colds.

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'd like to know where those who 'can't deal with the heat at work' work, probably in an office, with the heating on.

I work in between a workshop/outside an it's beautiful, however whenever going in the office/working in an office it's like being in a sauna, winter or summer, no wonder you're always ill/have colds.

I have to work on the London Underground, some of the rooms I had to go in today were well over 35/40 degrees. Amazed the equipment in these rooms works at all considering the heat, dust and mouse droppings there often covered with. The trains are just as bad as well.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I drive a bus for a living and as much as I love hot weather it is utterly shite when it's hot. 

100 degrees in the cab is not enjoyable believe me.