Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

The Heat

I spend most of the day wet through with sweat.  It's dripping off my chin, dripping off my nose, running into my eyes.  Today I had to dig a tree stump out & there were times I thought I was going to pass out.  I can handle all of that, it keeps me fit & I get a decent tan.

What I can't handle are these fvcking flies that just hover around my head, landing on me whenever they get the chance.  Irritating little bastards.

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

This bit!

A five hour round today in the beating sun stuck behind a society, seniors roll up and a women's comp - your worst nightmare.

Waiting on every tee, no rhythm, played shite.

Still, "a bad days golf is better than a good days work" as they say!!

That sure tests the theory! 

13 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Any more bright ideas Bucey ! ....      I spent 3 hours looking for the zip and had to give up in the end !   :angry:

Buttons, dear boy, buttons.. :D

Guest MattP

I absolutely love it, still not hot enough for me but far better to sit out in than what we usually get. 

I prefer it at around 37/38. Got to about 41/42 in Bahrain and that was just a bit too hot.

Love the summer in the UK countryside. Walking in the peaks or Derbyshire dales by the rivers.

Going to Rome and Umbria in 3 weeks. It's gonna be stifling with no sea to dip myself in when it gets too hot. Maybe the Trevi fountain. :rolleyes:

Still, we love Italy, the food, the wine, the architecture, the history, the people, terrific. :thumbup:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

This bit!

A five hour round today in the beating sun stuck behind a society, seniors roll up and a women's comp - your worst nightmare.

Waiting on every tee, no rhythm, played shite.

Still, "a bad days golf is better than a good days work" as they say!!

Humblebrag?

Thought this was going to be a thread about a local up-and-coming wrestler. :whistle:

Don't mind the current temperature, there's the occasional breeze that can make it less of a nuisance to some that can cool the environment down.

Living in the Toronto area we see weather from +40 in the summer to -25 in the winter.

Typically the summer is high 20 to mid 30s for most of the summer. Mid 30s is just way too hot because the humidity always makes it feel like 35 to 45 and its just freaking brutal  to do anything in other then swim by a beach. Having said that i hate -20 so i would rather have +35 :)

The only thing i absolutely love about the +35 weather is night time downtown toronto on weekends. Fantastic weather.

And i havze to say a sweaty sack and arse crack is much worse then a sweaty back.

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Living in the Toronto area we see weather from +40 in the summer to -25 in the winter.

Typically the summer is high 20 to mid 30s for most of the summer. Mid 30s is just way too hot because the humidity always makes it feel like 35 to 45 and its just freaking brutal  to do anything in other then swim by a beach. Having said that i hate -20 so i would rather have +35 :)

The only thing i absolutely love about the +35 weather is night time downtown toronto on weekends. Fantastic weather.

And i havze to say a sweaty sack and arse crack is much worse then a sweaty back.

My daughter's are in Toronto atm. They've had some rain since they've been there. They're enjoying it though.

At the end of the day if it's too cold just keep adding thermal underwear or extra blankets until you're warm again.  If it's too hot there's only so many layers you can take off before the only remaining option is to flay yourself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

At the end of the day if it's too cold just keep adding thermal underwear or extra blankets until you're warm again.  If it's too hot there's only so many layers you can take off before the only remaining option is to flay yourself.

This, although I don't mind the heat. Annoyingly I work in an office which is almost always too hot - there's a couple of awkward bastards that moan about the noise if I put the extractor on and they moan that it's too cold if you open the window. The same twats put these portable heaters on in winter even though the thermometre on the wall reads 25°C and make it too hot for everyone else

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

My daughter's are in Toronto atm. They've had some rain since they've been there. They're enjoying it though.

Yes we've had some crazy amount of rain since april. Its usually not this "england like"  this late in may.

Glad they are having fun.

Would it be awkward to do a nigel pearsons daughter moment and ask how fit they are? 

Just joking mate, happily married man here :)

• Like 1