Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

The Heat

26 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

If you want max effect then you're looking at a proper aircon unit Col and lots of dough  (:P to you too !) ...    but the portable ones are very good and do the job ...   even with the window slightly open they soon cool the room ....   if bugs are a problem then stuff a coat or blanket into the gap ...   sorted !  

Somebody on another thread was asking about bugs ...   what we did was have a couple of plastic screens made with fine mesh in them ...   my mate did it and they are quite cheap.  The window locks them in place (we have old sash windows) and the only thing that comes in is fresh air ..   we have one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom to get a flow through. 

Cheers matey. I've had a look on eBay actually and you can buy a 'drape' type thing that slots neatly in the window and has a cut out for the vent to fit snugly through. 29.99 it costs.

Im deliberating....wondering if it's gonna be worth forking out when you just know next week will be raining all week. Or summat.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Im deliberating....wondering if it's gonna be worth forking out when you just know next week will be raining all week. Or summat.

Can't help you with that one pal but I'm sure if you get one you'll get a lot of use out of it at some point !      £30 ...   no brainer ! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Cheers matey. I've had a look on eBay actually and you can buy a 'drape' type thing that slots neatly in the window and has a cut out for the vent to fit snugly through. 29.99 it costs.

Pay it. If you spending £30 on something makes it rain, then I'm all for it. Do it for us

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Ah...but that defeats the object of having the windows shut (to maximize the effect of the air con) AND it allows creepy crawlies in!

Thats why I asked, clever dick...

:P

If you have a vented tumble dyer, pull it out and put the air con unit in. You dont need a tumble dryer in this weather.

5 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I'm having a quick drink on the way home, sitting next to a nice warm fire. Cosy.9276735862c2eb290f7e4f1787835742.jpg

Two fires MC ? ...     BOGOF !!

And take that any way you want ...    :)

Parts of me have now begun to melt and I'm leaving a slithery trail behind me like a snail ....       this is not good.

Sit in a bathtub of ice lads(cover the boys up in a thermal sack blanket otherwise known as a sock and a sandwich sack and tie it up with an elastic band..just not too tight might castrate yourself )

Btw its so nice and cool in my house. 23 celsius. Gotta love central air conditioners :)

Edited by Jattdogg

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Literally one of the reasons I couldn't live constantly in a hot climate.

Imagine this heat (and worse) many months of the year..

Everyone would have to go about their day in the noodie 

On the whole, that would be a pretty bad thing really

4 hours ago, Turbogre said:

You would become used to it

Vouch for this spent a lot of childhood summers in Spain I was wearing jeans yesterday ?

Edited by Manwell Pablo

4 hours ago, Turbogre said:

You would become used to it

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Vouch for this spent a lot of childhood summers in Spain I was wearing jeans yesterday ?

My missus works with a couple of nurses who come from Africa, and they have been walking around in thick fleeces.

• 9 months later...
9 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

It is well hot.

Might be too hot.

Heard someone earlier say that's it's down to global warming and it shouldn't happen at this time of the year.

Edited by Wymeswold fox