Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2017-18

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Jermaine Pennant signs for Billericay Town...on a 2 year deal!

Joining up with O'Hara and Konchesky and fair few other well paid players.

Apparently puts their weekly spending up to around £30k a week!

Just now, purpleronnie said:

Let's hope the owner doesn't get bored of losing money.

They're already marked for death aren't they. Especially if players are signing on longer than one year contracts.

I'd definitely have an investor/owner put the money in an account that they can't touch, it's playing with fire if you're relying on them to pay wages without a guarantee of the money definitely being there.

I think at Coalville we only have about 8 or 9 on contract terms and they won't be on much more then £200/250 a week.

Billericay should be walking that league. I see they've got Adam Cunnington there who used to bang them in for fun for Barwell.

Clinton Morrison signed for my local team at the same level as Billericay (7th tier) because hes mates with our manager Darren Byfield.. he lasted a few weeks before he got bored and left. I don't recall any move like this turning out well. Came here after leaving League 2 Exeter aswell, big culture shock for them.

18 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He's the manager as well, you'd think he'd pay for a half decent manager at that level considering what he's paying for over the hill players.

I think owners like him want to be seen, increases his ego even more when he can to be seen managing them to success....even though we all know it's a simple bankroll that's achieving it.

On 28/07/2017 at 12:06, Tuna said:

Jermaine Pennant signs for Billericay Town...on a 2 year deal!

Son of a Nottingham drug dealer

Serial drink driver

Glamour model beater

Rubs everyone up the wrong way

Average footballer

Next stop HMP. You know it.

Edited by boots60

On 28/07/2017 at 14:03, lcfcsnow said:

He's the manager as well, you'd think he'd pay for a half decent manager at that level considering what he's paying for over the hill players.

He's an egotistical idiot. He's sorted a mural for the ground refurb which has him at the centre of it. 

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 13:46, Walkers said:

Clinton Morrison signed for my local team at the same level as Billericay (7th tier) because hes mates with our manager Darren Byfield.. he lasted a few weeks before he got bored and left. I don't recall any move like this turning out well. Came here after leaving League 2 Exeter aswell, big culture shock for them.

Morrison left Redditch due to the travelling from his base in Nottingham.

He's been at Mickleover since last autumn and is now part of the coaching staff there. That's some commitment for someone who doesn't need to do it.

Looking forward to seeing how Leyton Orient do - I think they've recruited really well, Charlie Lee, George Elokobi, Jobi McAnuff, David Mooney, Josh Coulson, Rommy Boco and Alex Lawless are great signings.

Look out for Jordan Thewlis of Harrogate town, I have a feeling we may seem him make a move to the football league this season. Quality player with bags of pace but had struggled with injuries and as a result confidence, had a great preseason with some good goals.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Don't they have a bit of cash?

No they stopped putting money in at the end of 15-16, consequently the manager and most of the players went to Halifax and they've sunk like a stone ever since.

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 22:19, Tuna said:

Hartlepool appoint ex Middlesbrough and Palace defender Craig Harrison as their new manager, he was previously manager of the all conquering welsh premier side TNS.

Struggling at the moment. Sacked by end of September is my prediction.

• 2 weeks later...

I really feel sorry for Hartlepool, they've just lost 2-0 at home to AFC Fylde and are hurtling towards the conference north at this rate.

They've brought in a manager with no experience of the level and is seemingly clueless. Sack him now before it's too late !!!

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Guy's an idiot with more money than sense. He'll get bored soon enough and Billericay will be forgotten about.

Out of interest, read about his house and it's quite something..

Looking at him, he looks out of place in such a stunning-looking property - but he's made it literally himself due to his successful business.

I agree with you here in that he's probably being too ambitious and thinks he has 'what it takes' to make the club successful, and that could hurt the club in the long-term if they fail to meet his set targets and that he subsequently leaves..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

• 2 weeks later...