Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2017-18

17 hours ago, Corky said:

2.842 at King's Lynn today for their play-off final (lost 2-1). Seventh tier, fantastic attendance.

Shame as I was hoping for a Boston / King's Lynn derby next season. Lynn have always been well supported. Trouble behind the scenes though as their manager announced he was leaving before the end of the season.

Salford sack their joint managers weeks after winning the title. I think it's 3 promotions in 4 years. 

Harsh but probably the right decision, I don't think they could have taken them much further. They'll likely need a new squad too.

I expect an experienced appointment.

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

Shame as I was hoping for a Boston / King's Lynn derby next season. Lynn have always been well supported. Trouble behind the scenes though as their manager announced he was leaving before the end of the season.

Wouldn’t take the Kings Lynn manager leaving as trouble behind the scenes. Ian Culverhouse has had a decent career coaching higher up and he’s been rumoured for the Cambridge job. 

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

Salford sack their joint managers weeks after winning the title. I think it's 3 promotions in 4 years. 

Harsh but probably the right decision, I don't think they could have taken them much further. They'll likely need a new squad too.

I expect an experienced appointment.

It’s more to do with it being joint managers. Salford wouldn’t be willing to pay a managers wage (say 40k) to two joint managers (£80k) when one person could do it 

Some big names in the national league north next season in the way of ex league clubs (or successor clubs) - Boston, Bradford Park Avenue, Chester, Darlington, Hereford, Kidderminster, Southport, Stockport, York. 

best start to a footy match going this. retook kick off cos they seemingly didn’t know how to kick off, the ref fell over as he blew his whistle then sent someone off after 50 seconds. glorious. 

1 minute ago, bmouth_fox said:

Steve McNulty looks like he’s had a few too many pies. He also looks old enough to be my dad, and he’s only 3 years older than me!

definitely knocks back a couple of pints at half-time as well.

• Haha 1

what a way to seal it, with 17 stone 48 year old mcnulty having the opposition manager by the throat instead of celebrating the victory. this is all one massive parody i’m sure. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

what a way to seal it, with 17 stone 48 year old mcnulty having the opposition manager by the throat instead of celebrating the victory. this is all one massive parody i’m sure. 

The lad who got sent off has just said "the lads were fvcking fantastic" in a live TV interview too. lol

Edited by Voll Blau

Just now, ScouseFox said:

genuinely one of the most fun games i’ve ever watched. the football was ****ing dirt but it was a belter. 

agreed. 

Even more the fact that I won on one of SkyBet's 80/1 Request-a-Bets.

Only I would put only 50p on it though cos i had nothing else left in my account.

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

The lad who got sent off has just said "the lads were fvcking fantastic" in a live TV interview too. lol

Bet he was pretty relieved!

BW only get about 500 at home games and it seems don't have a great reputation maybe proved by the bottle throwing incident.