Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfcrory

Martin caceres

He's a decent player but signing injury prone players is just silly, what good is a player if they're only available for half of the season? Very short term signing considering his age too.

10 minutes ago, Wookie said:

He's a decent player but signing injury prone players is just silly, what good is a player if they're only available for half of the season? Very short term signing considering his age too.

Do we know what injuries he's had? There are people who constantly pull muscles and pick up niggles and there are those just bloody unlucky with a few serious injuries.

A bit of googling and the bloke has had absolutely no luck with injuries. Lacerated kidney in a match, fractured ankle in training accident. Might have just been very unfortunate.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Do we know what injuries he's had? There are people who constantly pull muscles and pick up niggles and there are those just bloody unlucky with a few serious injuries.

A bit of googling and the bloke has had absolutely no luck with injuries. Lacerated kidney in a match, fractured ankle in training accident. Might have just been very unfortunate.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/martin-caceres/verletzungen/spieler/54935

A quick twitter research round suggests Southampton fans thought he was decent in his one game and couldn't understand why Puel wouldn't play him.

Apparantly he was on 100k a week there :blink:

53 minutes ago, Wookie said:

How did I not know that existed! Nice one.

A lot of wounds, breaks, fractures etc in there. I'd say he's been bloody unlucky with all those injuries. Not a huge number of muscle injuries, no more than the norm anyway.

I think he's broken a mirror and walked under a ladder or something.

Just now, Babylon said:

How did I not know that existed! Nice one.

A lot of wounds, breaks, fractures etc in there. I'd say he's been bloody unlucky with all those injuries. Not a huge number of muscle injuries, no more than the norm anyway.

I think he's broken a mirror and walked under a ladder or something.

6 muscle injuries by my count in 5 years, he's been a tad unlucky but still the fact remains that he's not reliable whether it's luck or not. Much link the Debuchy link, injury prone, big wage demands, wrong age.

The question is can he still command 100k a week? Hardly in a great negotiating position without a club. If he had lit up the prem at soton maybe, but he didn't. I would be shocked if he has many 100k offers on the table anymore so we should offer him a lower wage or an incentivesed pay as you play type deal.

On 29/05/2017 at 06:40, Fox 4 Life said:

The question is can he still command 100k a week? Hardly in a great negotiating position without a club. If he had lit up the prem at soton maybe, but he didn't. I would be shocked if he has many 100k offers on the table anymore so we should offer him a lower wage or an incentivesed pay as you play type deal.

He'd cost nowhere near that surely, he wouldn't even get that on a pay as you play deal.

Archived