Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

16 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Looks like Nuno has been lined up to replace him. From Porto to Wolves in a matter of months.

Got to be the odds on favourite to be first one sacked. This Mendes/Fosun thing looks rotten.

Leeds United appoint Victor Orta as their new DoF:

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-appoint-victor-orta-as-director-of-football-1-8569920

Was previously at Middlesbrough. Did a good job there in the promotion season, I reckon. Just wasn't good enough helping them staying up in the Premier League.

9 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Leeds United appoint Victor Orta as their new DoF:

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-appoint-victor-orta-as-director-of-football-1-8569920

Was previously at Middlesbrough. Did a good job there in the promotion season, I reckon. Just wasn't good enough helping them staying up in the Premier League.

All set for Karanka?

Steve Bruce has got a big job to clear out some of the deadwood at Villa. But can certainly see them challenging for promotion, his record at that level is superb. 

Expect Derby to do well under Rowett, maybe not around the automatic places but certainly the playoffs. 

Sheffield United under Chris Wilder and Cardiff under Warnock could be the dark horses for a play off place. 

Top 6

1. Aston Villa

2. Fulham

3. Sheffield Wednesday 

4. Derby

5. Middlesbrough 

6. Cardiff

Bottom 3.

22. Burton Albion

23. Bristol City

24. Millwall

27 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Hope Norwich do well with their new boss. 

Worry about all relegated teams to be honest but for Boro and Sunderland it purely depends on managerial appointments. 

Agree with this.

I was basing my prediction purely on Middlesbrough appointing Pearson. Personally think Middlesbrough are better equipped for the championship than Sunderland are.

Guest FriendlyRam

1 villa (will improve under Bruce IMO)

2 boro

3 Fulham

4 Norwich

5 the mighty rams (if we get our act together which with us you never can tell)

6 Sunderland (too big a club and get some good champ players wanting to go there, a season too soon for autos mind)

I'd love to just be pushing for playoffs tbh, its a very competitive league next season.

Hope Wednesday win it by fifteen points.

Agree with the general idea that Villa could have their first worthwhile season in years, Bruce isn't a mug and with Kodjia and Hogan you'd fancy them to have no trouble scoring goals. Think QPR and Ipswich will both have difficult seasons but then I thought that about Huddersfield and they went up...

• Like 2

Forest could go either way, really, especially if their controversial new owner is found guilty of match-fixing and thus breaks foreign owner rules...

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ipswich battling to stay up, more this season coming, and Cardiff springing a surprise under Warnock for some reason.

16 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Hope Wednesday win it by fifteen points.

Agree with the general idea that Villa could have their first worthwhile season in years, Bruce isn't a mug and with Kodjia and Hogan you'd fancy them to have no trouble scoring goals. Think QPR and Ipswich will both have difficult seasons but then I thought that about Huddersfield and they went up...

HI HO SHEFFIELD WEDNESDEEEEHHHH.

inalso think Wednesday will trounce the league no troubles. Rhodes to hit 35 goals. Forestieri with 90 assists and Kieran west wood with 45 clean sheets.

WAWAW

• Like 1

It could be any of about 12 different teams that go up, mental league

You'd expect Forest, Derby, Villa and Wolves to improve whilst Reading, Wednesday, Fulham and Norwich will be up there and add in the relegated clubs as well but I wouldn't expect any of them to do that well.

On 5/30/2017 at 22:14, Tuna said:

Champions Fulham

Runners Up Brentford

play-offs

Villa

Boro

Derby

Hull

down

Ipswich

QPR

Millwall.

Only two grounds in the top two leagues I've not been to. So this invariably means we'd go down lol 

• Like 1